Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union, Home & Home, 10/30/15 & 10/31/15

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    The officiating was a disgrace, I turned to someone and said watch this parade to the sin bin for the Tute after the first period. Predictable.
    Aspy: I always maintain that a 5 minute major is a much bigger disadvantage than 2 or even 3 minor penalties and also that a 5 on 3 situation is a far bigger advantage than given 2 separate 5 on 4 advantages (at least when they are not immediately after each other. I tend to look at the penalties called but put far more emphasis on the special extra advantage situations. over the years, it just seems (but i think i can document) that some officials and especially games against certain teams, we get an overwhelming preponderance of those extra disadvantage calls (majors and 5 on 3's). This is not really that new and i pretty much expected for years when we played SLU and Clarkson up north or when we played Cornell anywhere. But it now seems i can add Union to this special treatment list. I have no explanation for it but perhaps you do since Stewie is sort of a focus point for you.
    Try to keep this all in mind tonight as the PP's awarded might be closer in number than last night but I would be surprised if the majors incurred or the 5 on 3 situations awarded were in our favor. Just my opinion. Let it be known, this post was made even though we won big last night so I would not consider it in any way laying blame after a loss.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Congrats on the win. Some wins mean more than others and given recent history, last night had to have felt **** good.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Congrats on the win. Some wins mean more than others and given recent history, last night had to have felt **** good.
        Some do indeed but might I remind all that RPI has won 4 of the last 5 vs Union. 1/2 the current Team believes THEY should win these games.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I hope the team continues the solid play - and playing for each other. The Union games turn into circuses and the discipline still needs to work. Interesting to see if they can continue the team play - NOT a hallmark of Appert teams, and focus on winning, not the goonery. LGR
          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            RPI-TV has the goals video up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50T-CdYLv4M

#2 for Union bangs his stick against the board after the shorty, gets nothing. Tironese does the same thing vs. Michigan, gets a 10-minute misconduct. CLEAR reffing bias.
            Did RPI-TV film the game yesterday?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Aspy: I always maintain that a 5 minute major is a much bigger disadvantage than 2 or even 3 minor penalties and also that a 5 on 3 situation is a far bigger advantage than given 2 separate 5 on 4 advantages (at least when they are not immediately after each other. I tend to look at the penalties called but put far more emphasis on the special extra advantage situations. over the years, it just seems (but i think i can document) that some officials and especially games against certain teams, we get an overwhelming preponderance of those extra disadvantage calls (majors and 5 on 3's). This is not really that new and i pretty much expected for years when we played SLU and Clarkson up north or when we played Cornell anywhere. But it now seems i can add Union to this special treatment list. I have no explanation for it but perhaps you do since Stewie is sort of a focus point for you.
              Try to keep this all in mind tonight as the PP's awarded might be closer in number than last night but I would be surprised if the majors incurred or the 5 on 3 situations awarded were in our favor. Just my opinion. Let it be known, this post was made even though we won big last night so I would not consider it in any way laying blame after a loss.
              Mongo is one of Stewie's boys, former NHL guy. DrD thank you for acknowledging my long time focus on this issue. I was called a conspiracy theorist for quite awhile until of course I was proven right with the infamous Stewart quote to Jason Klump regarding MGC. Stewart put a target on Woodie's back before the game last nite and they called him for a penalty six seconds into the game mainly because of what has transpired in the past. There is a game plan before the game with Stewie and his officials, remember several years ago all the "embellishment calls. You never watch a game and they are not noticeable, that shouldn't be the case. I have been maligned by the ECAC press, league office and my wife...wait that's not USCHO related. Of course my motto is fair, balanced and unafraid!!!
              Last edited by AspyDad; 10-31-2015, 02:02 PM.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Did RPI-TV film the game yesterday?
                Looks as if they had a camera there, yes. No synced commentary, though.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Mongo is one of Stewie's boys, former NHL guy. DrD thank you for acknowledging my long time focus on this issue. I was called a conspiracy theorist for quite awhile until of course I was proven right with the infamous Stewart quote to Jason Klump regarding MGC. Stewart put a target on Woodie's back before the game last nite and they called him for a penalty six seconds into the game mainly because of what has transpired in the past. There is a game plan before the game with Stewie and his officials, remember several years ago all the "embellishment calls. You never watch a game and they are not noticeable, that shouldn't be the case. I have been maligned by the ECAC press, league office and my wife...wait that's not USCHO related. Of course my motto is fair, balanced and unafraid!!!
                  That's OK. Jenny likes you (and she rarely likes anyone). Stewie is but the latest incarnation of this phenomenon. It has happened before but usually limited to a few of the officials and not pervasive from the top down. One day when i get bored, i am going to try to go back and compile some statistics that interest me. I would like to just see, not how many penalties are called (that means little as evidence by the box score last night) or even how many minutes of penalties are called (likewise for last night). I want to see how many 5 on 3's are given both for and against and I want to see who gets called for the early penalties in a game more often. i would like to also know who gets called for more major penalties and then compute the actual time spent short handed as opposed to the number of power plays. I just think the results might be a bit of a learning experience.
                  Point of fact-last night penalties called were listed as 13-9 but most of that was late in the third period with only seconds remaining but in the summary it sure makes it look like the game was more evenly called. Just looking at that one could not discern that Union had a full 5 minute major to work with and a fairly extended 5 on 3 (scoring on neither).
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                  X