Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B1G Hockey Dominance: 2015-16 edition

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    UND starts slow many years, and then turns it on. When will people actually accept this fact? I hate saying it, but it's truth.
    The Pollsters don't seem to understand that. No point in giving them #1 early in the season.

Not that it matters- since the polls are meaningless.

I'm sure the Poles get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      UND starts slow many years, and then turns it on. When will people actually accept this fact? I hate saying it, but it's truth.
      That was their first loss of the year, one of the longest unbeaten streaks to start a season. This is no slow start, maybe that's because of the coaching change.

First loss for the NCHC against a Big 10 team this year? That's crazy, I would assume there would be a couple losses already.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I think it is funny how some people hate the Big Ten to such a degree that they will talk about it as if all six of those teams have been awful for as far back as any of us can remember when the truth of the matter is that the conference merely had one uncharacteristically down year. At the end of the day people have to come to grips with the fact that out of the top 10 traditional powers in college hockey, 4 of them are from the Big Ten conference. You may or may not like them, but don't let your hate drive you to make delusional comments.
        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Three games in and looking like it's Michigan's conference to lose.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
            I think it is funny how some people hate the Big Ten to such a degree that they will talk about it as if all six of those teams have been awful for as far back as any of us can remember when the truth of the matter is that the conference merely had one uncharacteristically down year. At the end of the day people have to come to grips with the fact that out of the top 10 traditional powers in college hockey, 4 of them are from the Big Ten conference. You may or may not like them, but don't let your hate drive you to make delusional comments.
            Who, exactly, do you assume to be that fourth "traditional power?" Because if you're referring to who I believe you are referring to, I'd like to remind you those days are over until their crappy coach gets canned and they get an AD who actually cares about hockey.
            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Three games in and looking like it's Michigan's conference to lose.
              lol
              ---
              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
              19 Conference Championships
              10 Conference Tournament Championships
              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

As least BI6 schools were .500 this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  As least BI6 schools were .500 this weekend.
                  Just barely.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The BigTen needs to take BC and Notre Dame and form the Power Five hockey division. It would be perfectly named too since there would be 8 members of the Power Five. They could play each other 4 times each & schedule a couple WCHA or NCHC early season "cupcakes" like they do with the MAC in football.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 12-14-2015, 08:23 AM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I don't ever see the BIG 10 adding affiliates in hockey. Makes no sense. I've weighed in on this, before:

I don't see the Big 10 adding ANY outside-the-conference schools as hockey affiliates under any set of circumstances. Frankly I think it would be humiliating, image-defeating, and financially unnecessary to go down that path for the conference. You are talking about a conference with mostly very large (and old) schools (4 of the top 10 largest enrollments in the country are in the Big 10) that have a lot of money and pride to go along with that. It would lessen the brand to do something like this in a major sport.

Take Nebraska, for example. It has the 2nd smallest enrollment of the 14 member schools yet even it's fundraising arm, the NU Foundation, sits on a warchest of over a billion dollars and that puts Nebraska in the lower 1/3 of the league in that regard.

Potential quote from Jim Delany on the topic:

"Help? HELP? We don't need no stinking help!".
                      The Big 10 needs to add Big 10 teams to the Big 10 hockey conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        I don't ever see the BIG 10 adding affiliates in hockey. Makes no sense. I've weighed in on this, before:

The Big 10 needs to add Big 10 teams to the Big 10 hockey conference.
                        Dude, he's just taking a swipe at the a-hole teams trying to power through their change to the rules. Take a breath, put on a smile, and read his post again.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                          Who, exactly, do you assume to be that fourth "traditional power?" Because if you're referring to who I believe you are referring to, I'd like to remind you those days are over until their crappy coach gets canned and they get an AD who actually cares about hockey.
                          Penn State

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            That would be my preference. But the conference has made comments leading to the possibility of ASU. Just goes to show they are not hockey folks there in Chicago.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              The BigTen needs to take BC and Notre Dame and form the Power Five hockey division. It would be perfectly named too since there would be 8 members of the Power Five. They could play each other 4 times each & schedule a couple WCHA or NCHC early season "cupcakes" like they do with the MAC in football.
                              While you're point is 100% valid, I am proud to say that BGSU did go 2-0 against the B1G (Maryland and Purdue) and NIU came within a few minutes of upsetting Ohio State in Columbus.

Comment

Subscribed for the lulz and discussion
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X