X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    So Monday will be 5 out of the last 6 Beanpot championships? Wow! Congrats! What a run!
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    igles are much deeper. as the game moves on it will be evident and igles win again
    and youze gave me shat last year about this sort of sandbaggery?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      and youze gave me shat last year about this sort of sandbaggery?
      Oh sterlippo...mookie's OK but eric needs some help with the sandbaggery. Now this...

I am traveling and will be missing the final. Which I suppose is OK as I really don't want to deal with seeing BC hoist the Beanpot.

...is how you do it.

And yes, I'm not going to be here. First final since 1990 that I've missed. And yes, I don't want to deal with seeing BC win it so maybe it's a good thing I won't be there. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
        I would call BU "Good" not terrific. The top end talent on the Eagles is leaps and bounds above BU. BC isn't quite a national championship type of squad- but BC is definitely a better team.
        Everything you said here is wrong. BU is "very good" not yet elite - but has competed with and beat elite teams this season. Top end talent on both teams is quite close, BU's is more raw where BC's is more polished. BC is absolutely a NC-caliber team. Based on the two games we played a few weeks ago and comparing results this year based on schedule strength, BC is a notch better on the whole right now.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          I don't think I can agree on a single point in this post.
          Okay I'll cool it down.

I think BC/BU will be the normal highly emotional game that will be close. I think BC will pull away toward the end. BU could pull off Beanpot magic but I don't see it happening.

I am comparing this BC team to some prior. I don't think they exactly have the Gaudreau or Gionta type of player. Maybe Colin White next year?
          ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
          ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
          .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://twitter.com/RealJayKenney

Comment

• Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
            Okay I'll cool it down.

I think BC/BU will be the normal highly emotional game that will be close. I think BC will pull away toward the end. BU could pull off Beanpot magic but I don't see it happening.

I am comparing this BC team to some prior. I don't think they exactly have the Gaudreau or Gionta type of player. Maybe Colin White next year?
            Uh... How about Colin White this year?
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Oh sterlippo...mookie's OK but eric needs some help with the sandbaggery. Now this...

I am traveling and will be missing the final. Which I suppose is OK as I really don't want to deal with seeing BC hoist the Beanpot.

...is how you do it.

And yes, I'm not going to be here. First final since 1990 that I've missed. And yes, I don't want to deal with seeing BC win it so maybe it's a good thing I won't be there. Sigh.
              I hope he learns because he has a couple of experts to skool him! .......it will be my first miss in 10 years as i have to go home Friday and it's killing me. I get the fans of the other schools hating on it but to me it never gets old seeing the two go at it in the 'pot ..............or any other venue for that matter

Comment

Booyah!
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  White is a very good player who goes to the net and scores goals. Will be a Charlie Coyle type long time very good pro. But not flashy and doesn't ever take over a game like a Giunta or Guadreau type. Not at all that type

Not to diminish talent as he plays game right and is a key for BC but you really have to look for him to find it flow of game

Not even remotely a negative but not your typical darting around type D1 game changer

Comment

Johnny Gaudreau in Players Tribune
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      White is a very good player who goes to the net and scores goals. Will be a Charlie Coyle type long time very good pro. But not flashy and doesn't ever take over a game like a Giunta or Guadreau type. Not at all that type

Not to diminish talent as he plays game right and is a key for BC but you really have to look for him to find it flow of game

Not even remotely a negative but not your typical darting around type D1 game changer
                      I agree with this assessment to be honest and while he isn't the typical flashy game-changer he is still a game-changer and he doesn't need to necessarily take over a game to be one. For example the other night Tuch took over the game vs. Yukon and had one goal to show for it and they tied at the end of the night.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I thought the same thing mostly because "Colin White Next Year" will be doing things to help some other team while he makes $$$$$$$$$$$$$
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

My comp for Colin White is Chuck Kobasew. Strong well rounded player with goal scoring ability.

Comment

Trying to think of goals where white just beats you with a great shot (like an oksanen or tuch). Not his game. As hoky said, his game is deflections and in tight areas around the net. I knew he was billed as a three zone player but i did not expect this kind of offense from him this year. I am thinking Ottawa stole him where they drafted him.

Comment

They said he was a Bergeron clone... Seems right on the money.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

JY1K night tomorrow. Says to be there by 630. What time do players exit the ice after pregame warmups? Not sure i will be there by 630 so hopefully that's an attempt to make sure people are there by 645 or whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X