Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    couldn't even give them away, huh?
    I wish I had known about the ticket marketplace, which I didn't find about until a couple of months ago.
    A bad cause requires many words.

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

      Calnan, Tuch and Wood all out hurt tonight. Literally don't have a 4th line. McMullen and Shero and that's it. Thankfully this is the last game of the semester and none of those guys are going to world junior camp. Team needs a break! We'll see if they get worn down as the game goes on tonight because I doubt McMullen and Shero ever see the ice. We'll see.

      Would be thrilled to come away with a point tonight. If there was ever a night to stay out of the penalty box, this would be it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Calnan, Tuch and Wood all out hurt tonight. Literally don't have a 4th line. McMullen and Shero and that's it. Thankfully this is the last game of the semester and none of those guys are going to world junior camp. Team needs a break! We'll see if they get worn down as the game goes on tonight because I doubt McMullen and Shero ever see the ice. We'll see.

        Would be thrilled to come away with a point tonight. If there was ever a night to stay out of the penalty box, this would be it.
        A point at home vs ND? Low standards there...
        ND is tough on road, BC will lose this one
        Last edited by Hokydad; 12-10-2015, 08:52 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

          Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          So which team is the home team for tonight?
          well done
          *****

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

            Tough one to lose. Team was gassed in the third. Would have been nice if they could have held on.
            Some much needed rest coming up and then back to the grind with a tough HE schedule from 1/8 on out.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

              upper body for tuch, any recall what happened? could tha be the reason for no wjc or am I reading too much into it?

              nice time for the break.

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                Well, if the team didn't eat at Chipotle, you wouldn't have known it with the way they explosively crapped their pants last night in the 3rd period.

                One interesting trend that has been happening lately, they seem to be giving up goals very quickly after they get one on the board themselves. 5 times in the last 7 games it has happened within 90 seconds of a BC goal:

                BC* 3 - 1* 6x6 *Austin*Cangelosi (7) (Teddy*Doherty, Zach*Sanford) 7:05* *BC (+): 26,4,24,6,19,G30***NDM (-): 22,12,3,4,26,G40 *
                NDM* 2 - 3* 6x6 *Jordan*Gross (6) (Dennis*Gilbert, Dawson*Cook) 8:33* *NDM (+): 3,4,9,21,10,G40***BC (-): 10,15,8,22,2,G30

                BC* 1 - 2* 5x6*SH *Ryan*Fitzgerald (11) (Colin*White, Casey*Fitzgerald) 12:17* *BC (+): 19,18,5,3,G30***NOE (-): 23,7,10,20,14,G41 *
                NOE* 3 - 1* 6x5*PP *Zach*Aston-Reese (5) (Nolan*Stevens, Dylan*Sikura) 13:35* *NOE: 12,21,9,8,5,G41***BC: 28,10,5,3,G30

                BC* 2 - 0* 6x6 *Alex*Tuch (4) (Adam*Gilmour, Zach*Sanford) 10:03* *BC (+): 12,14,24,5,3,G30***NOE (-): 23,7,28,20,16,G41 *
                NOE* 1 - 2* 6x6 *Nolan*Stevens (6) (Zach*Aston-Reese, John*Stevens) 10:34* NOE (+): 21,12,18,61,5,G41 BC (-): 28,26,10,4,6,G30

                BC* 1 - 0* 6x6 *Colin*White (5) (Matthew*Gaudreau, Ryan*Fitzgerald) 4:30* *BC (+): 18,21,19,5,3,G30***MSU (-): 22,18,2,21,28,G30 *
                MSU* 1 - 1* 6x6 *Mackenzie*MacEachern (5) (Michael*Ferrantino, Mason*Appleton) 4:41* *MSU (+): 15,20,27,7,4,G30***BC (-): 4,6,26,28,11,G30

                BC* 4 - 1* 6x6 *Alex*Tuch (2) (Adam*Gilmour, Zach*Sanford) 12:13* *BC (+): 12,14,24,3,5,G30***MSU (-): 20,12,18,2,27,G30 *
                MSU* 2 - 4* 6x6 *JT*Stenglein (6) (Travis*Walsh, Thomas*Ebbing) 12:43* *MSU (+): 22,4,28,21,7,G30***BC (-): 15,10,6,8,4,G30

                BC has played in 16 games, 6 of which were shutouts. So 4 of the 10 games in which BC has surrendered a goal has seen this problem occur. And it has happened in 3 straight games now (granted one was a SHG/PPG combination). 3 of the 5 goals relinquished somewhat comfortable cushions (2 goals, 2 goals, 3 goals), one also blew a one-goal lead. I'd suggest that last night's quick ND goal cost BC 2 points and the NU goal in the first game last weekend also cost them a point. And as we know BC was fortunate to get a late PPG to beat MSU.

                Make of it what you will for the players on the ice. Doherty/Santini were common denominators in the first three that happened this year, all quick ones of 31, 11, and 30 seconds. Brown has been on the ice for 4 of the 5 goals.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                  It was worth the drive, despite the outcome. Got a nice seat in Section M, row 13 (essentially Red Line). I'd guess the building had 6,500 in it (eventually).

                  The correct team won, IMO. The Irish were ~ +10 in SOG throughout the game, with many of them being high-quality ones. Honestly didn't see their third goal (the one that clinked off iron), but all three in the 3rd were long-range shots that found their way through traffic and into the next.

                  Still, I would have to say that BC has overachieved so far this season with the heavy-metal on the schedule yet to come. I grew up in an era when Wisconsin, Michigan State, Denver, and Colorado College were feared opponents. BC dropped a 24-goal tsunami on that quartet of schools this year, winning all five games.
                  Last edited by Chris_NH; 12-11-2015, 09:28 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                    Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                    Tough one to lose. Team was gassed in the third. Would have been nice if they could have held on.
                    Some much needed rest coming up and then back to the grind with a tough HE schedule from 1/8 on out.
                    agree. Have to be happy with 13-2-1 even with the soft schedule. We were lucky to get 3 of 4 against NU so losing this one evened that off a bit i guess. We have a lot to look forward to with this group.
                    *****

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                      Watching the PBruins game. Good to see Tommy Cross and Benn Ferreiro playing for the Bruins and Joe Whitney skating for theTigers.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

                      Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                        A new recruit according to twitter:

                        Junior Bruins Hockey ‏@juniorbruins 1h1 hour ago
                        Congrats to goalie Ian Milosz on his commitment to Boston College

                        13-2-0-1 record
                        2.01GAA
                        .931% save percentage

                        http://www.usphl.com/roster_players/9099364

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                          Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          A new recruit according to twitter:

                          Junior Bruins Hockey ‏@juniorbruins 1h1 hour ago
                          Congrats to goalie Ian Milosz on his commitment to Boston College

                          13-2-0-1 record
                          2.01GAA
                          .931% save percentage

                          http://www.usphl.com/roster_players/9099364
                          6'7" ???
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                            Didn't realize they were in the market for another goalie

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                              Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              Watching the PBruins game. Good to see Tommy Cross and Benn Ferreiro playing for the Bruins and Joe Whitney skating for theTigers.
                              minor leaguers
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                minor leaguers
                                They could still beat your Penguins!
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

                                Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X