Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

    Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    A good win on the road for BC. A hard win but another one that builds confidence and experience for the young players.

    UNH gave everything they had and score does not indicate how close the game was until the last 10 minutes.

    I hope Calnan is OK as he limped off the ice.

    My 1st trip to the Whitt was good and the drive not that bad, got home in good time.
    Why are you posting this in a football and basketball thread?

    Comment


    • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

      Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Did anyone go to the Fenway game? Wondering how it was?
      i avoided it even on TV except i went to check the score and puked when i saw the field. I get this Shamrock Series stuff but not in our face, at Fenway, down the street from the campus. I cant believe BC agreed to do it
      *****

      Comment


      • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

        Former BC QB battle in Atlanta today.
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)



        Originally posted by BUtogether
        And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
        RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
          Former BC QB battle in Atlanta today.
          Go Matty & Julio!!!!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

          Comment


          • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

            Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            i avoided it even on TV except i went to check the score and puked when i saw the field. I get this Shamrock Series stuff but not in our face, at Fenway, down the street from the campus. I cant believe BC agreed to do it
            Agreed on all points ... except the last one. *Certain* folks at BC will still do just about anything to be close to what they still apparently perceive to be their "big brothers" and try to propagate this phony-baloney *rivalry*. The only step they haven't taken yet is to lure them back into an annual series by re-doing Alumni Stadium in green-and-gold.

            Kudos to BC though for keeping it close, and in doing so exposing NICC as the football frauds they are.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

            Comment


            • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

              Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              . The only step they haven't taken yet is to lure them back into an annual series by re-doing Alumni Stadium in green-and-gold.
              it's in the works already bro
              *****

              Comment


              • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                Looking ahead everyone has to be happy the progress made since last season. Sure their schedule is not the strongest but you still have to play the games and win them, good or bad. With only 1 loss so far, they have exceeded my expectations at least. As they get into the meatier game schedule we will see how they will matchup. Within HE, they certainly look very strong with their offense so far and differential between GF & GA.

                HE looks strong right now with 6 teams in the top 20. When they play PC, UML and BU, we can a better gauge on where they're at. Denver and MSU were good wins for out of conference wins.

                The depth this year is very evident and puts less stress on one line to produce the scoring and a lot easier to play defense knowing they don't have play perfect defense and to worry about being down 2-0 and having that sinking feeling that the game is lost like last year. I'm sure Demko feels less pressure to make every stop when he now has more room for error and a lot more offensive support.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                Comment


                • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                  Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                  Looking ahead everyone has to be happy the progress made since last season. Sure their schedule is not the strongest but you still have to play the games and win them, good or bad. With only 1 loss so far, they have exceeded my expectations at least. As they get into the meatier game schedule we will see how they will matchup. Within HE, they certainly look very strong with their offense so far and differential between GF & GA.

                  HE looks strong right now with 6 teams in the top 20. When they play PC, UML and BU, we can a better gauge on where they're at. Denver and MSU were good wins for out of conference wins.

                  The depth this year is very evident and puts less stress on one line to produce the scoring and a lot easier to play defense knowing they don't have play perfect defense and to worry about being down 2-0 and having that sinking feeling that the game is lost like last year. I'm sure Demko feels less pressure to make every stop when he now has more room for error and a lot more offensive support.
                  I think you've hit on a lot of good points. The depth is there and it is showing up. Some of the hotter guys have gone quiet (Cangelosi) lately. #21 steps in and produces for #notagrinder. Of course it helps when you simply don't give up a goal (6 shutouts) but they are 9-0-0 when scoring first have done so in 9 of 11 games. The lack of depth previously (and mediocre players on half the roster) made it tough to defend AND score with those guys on the ice for close to half a game, as last season they scored first only 20 of 38 games (and a 5-12-1 record in the other situation). Compare to some previously good seasons 2014 they scored first in 65% (FF year and had a winning record in games they didn't score first), 2012 was 80% of games they scored first (National title), 2011 was a wagon and scored first 69% of the time (also winning record in games they didn't score first), and 2010 was 71% (National title).

                  Injuries and penalties are the biggest concern for the squad right now.

                  HE depth this year is impressive, particularly PC and UML they just keep rolling. An eye will have to be kept on the ECAC teams, where Yale, Cornell, and Harvard all have only one loss and they are just getting started and Quinni just had their first two blemishes on their record and those were just two ties.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    I think you've hit on a lot of good points. The depth is there and it is showing up. Some of the hotter guys have gone quiet (Cangelosi) lately. #21 steps in and produces for #notagrinder. Of course it helps when you simply don't give up a goal (6 shutouts) but they are 9-0-0 when scoring first have done so in 9 of 11 games. The lack of depth previously (and mediocre players on half the roster) made it tough to defend AND score with those guys on the ice for close to half a game, as last season they scored first only 20 of 38 games (and a 5-12-1 record in the other situation). Compare to some previously good seasons 2014 they scored first in 65% (FF year and had a winning record in games they didn't score first), 2012 was 80% of games they scored first (National title), 2011 was a wagon and scored first 69% of the time (also winning record in games they didn't score first), and 2010 was 71% (National title).

                    Injuries and penalties are the biggest concern for the squad right now.

                    HE depth this year is impressive, particularly PC and UML they just keep rolling. An eye will have to be kept on the ECAC teams, where Yale, Cornell, and Harvard all have only one loss and they are just getting started and Quinni just had their first two blemishes on their record and those were just two ties.
                    Well I'm sure Tuch and Cangelosi will eventually contribute more too.

                    Originally posted by ericdaxe View Post
                    Those are throwback unis that made their debut last year that the Walter Brown Arena game. The response to them has been very favorable form what I have heard.

                    i like 'em even though i'm not supposed to
                    I like our throwbacks better if we ever choose to use them. The one with eagle in front and the old road jerseys with yellow lettering and yellow shoulders from the 80s/early 90s
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

                    Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

                    Comment


                    • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                      Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                      HE looks strong right now with 6 teams in the top 20.....
                      How 'bout 3 teams in the top 4! 4 New England teams at the top. I guess we know where the power is in college hockey
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

                      Comment


                      • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                        Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        How 'bout 3 teams in the top 4! 4 New England teams at the top. I guess we know where the power is in college hockey
                        We took the wrong team from CT, didn't we?
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          We took the wrong team from CT, didn't we?
                          and to think, it was a BC guy who really drove the expansion and move to D1 for their athletic programs, especially hockey.
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

                          Comment


                          • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            We took the wrong team from CT, didn't we?
                            not even a question but heck, we have Notre Dame!
                            *****

                            Comment


                            • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                              Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              How 'bout 3 teams in the top 4! 4 New England teams at the top. I guess we know where the power is in college hockey
                              7 in the top 22!!!
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Boston College 2015-2016 Season

                                If I recall correctly, BC had a similar midweek game at UConn last year that did not turn out well. I hope history does not repeat itself.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

                                Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

                                BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X