Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Union (Fri., 11/23) & RPI (Sat., 11/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: Michigan @ Union (Fri., 11/23) & RPI (Sat., 11/24)

Originally posted by AnthonySaxe View Post
    You'll have fun at a great old hockey rink with a packed house and a unique feel. Then you'll go to an airplane hanger where you'll be able to hear a pin drop and if you're lucky, you won't be sitting behind a pole or in a corner of the stands that extends beyond the end of the rink, but if you have an overactive bladder, you'll find sanctuary at the soulless HFH.

Seriously, I've never heard of anyone on a road trip to the capital district that preferred watching hockey at HFH to Messa Rink.
    I can assure you that there are many people who prefer the HFH (which BTW was never a hangar).

The salt dome was antiquated the year that it was built.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-20-2015, 05:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Evidently David doesn't know, but if wT gets drunk enough you never know...
    They don't sell beer anymore at the HFH.

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Knowing wT, that's something, well... it would be an interesting fight.

Evidently David doesn't know, but if wT gets drunk enough you never know...

Leave a comment:

• UMICH
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Better than the Spartans: Go to a B1G school for hockey, spend an entire weekend in Potsdam.
    You could have just ended that statement after "Better than the spartans."

Leave a comment:

• AnthonySaxe
    replied

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I would say congratulations on your upcoming trip to HFH, but you'll probably die at Messa the night beforehand, which will be very sad for you.
    You'll have fun at a great old hockey rink with a packed house and a unique feel. Then you'll go to an airplane hanger where you'll be able to hear a pin drop and if you're lucky, you won't be sitting behind a pole or in a corner of the stands that extends beyond the end of the rink, but if you have an overactive bladder, you'll find sanctuary at the soulless HFH.

Seriously, I've never heard of anyone on a road trip to the capital district that preferred watching hockey at HFH to Messa Rink.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Oh, now you tell me. Here I was all excited to be visiting my first ECAC arenas.
    You're from Baltimore. You should be used to second rate towns in the shadow of a capital.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    Have fun on Friday night fighting for one of the 2 urinals at Achilles or Messa or whatever it's called.
    Knowing wT, that's something, well... it would be an interesting fight.

I'm sure the band is taking the weekend off- they were busy last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• DavidSec17
    replied
    Oh, now you tell me. Here I was all excited to be visiting my first ECAC arenas. I'm also excited because after this weekend I will be half way to my goal of seeing a game in every D1 hockey arena.

So, what kind of fun things can my group do in these lovely locations? Any good places to grab a bite to eat before the game?
    Browns is a brew pub on River St, your basic pub fare and their beer isn't bad, I'm sure they have the Pumpkin Ale on tap this weekend. There's bombers and Dinosaur BBQ in that general area as well , just a drive up the hill to the Field House. Get down there early, as they full up quickly.

Have fun on Friday night fighting for one of the 2 urinals at Achilles or Messa or whatever it's called.

Will the Michigan band be making the trip?
    Last edited by DavidSec17; 10-19-2015, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lugnut92
    replied

Oh, now you tell me. Here I was all excited to be visiting my first ECAC arenas. I'm also excited because after this weekend I will be half way to my goal of seeing a game in every D1 hockey arena.

So, what kind of fun things can my group do in these lovely locations? Any good places to grab a bite to eat before the game?
    I would say congratulations on your upcoming trip to HFH, but you'll probably die at Messa the night beforehand, which will be very sad for you.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
    What a depressing road trip for the Wolverines. Go to a B1G Ten school for hockey, spend an October weekend in Troy and Schenectady.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    what's extra depressing is our numbers guy got the dates wrong.
    Oops!

It isn't the first time that I have done that.

Leave a comment:

• ServinisScores
    replied

what's extra depressing is our numbers guy got the dates wrong.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Didn't even see this thread until a moment ago.

Can someone explain why this is such a bad trip to take? Is it not hockey that is played at Union and RPI? Did I dream Union winning the NC a few years ago? Some of the guys I played for the corporate league played at RPI.

Based on the games we played this past weekend, we are a much improved team in a lot of aspects vs last year. Not to say that it's a great team, but there is a lot of speed. And a lot of optimistic aggressive play- which leads to odd man rushes- which is the current top weakness. Over the questionable goaltending. If not for the odd man rushes, we may not even realize that we are not sure why our goalies are not, well, playing like some of our older goalies.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
    Michigan had to get our weekend over with before looking forward to the road trip. We should be ready now.
    I realized that of course, but I traditionally start these threads the minute that RPI's previous weekend is over.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X