Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan @ Union (Fri., 11/23) & RPI (Sat., 11/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: Michigan @ Union (Fri., 11/23) & RPI (Sat., 11/24)

Photo gallery at SBN http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...atloff#4865101

Leave a comment:

• Michigan Arrogance
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    More than four years after registering your account, you woke up to post that as your first post.

your forensic investigation skills are amazing Ralph. for an RPI grad anyway

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by Michigan Arrogance View Post
    They warmed up the bus early tonight for RPI. The home fans did not appreciate me pointing that out for some reason
    More than four years after registering your account, you woke up to post that as your first post.

Leave a comment:

• Michigan Arrogance
    replied

They warmed up the bus early tonight for RPI. The home fans did not appreciate me pointing that out for some reason

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Masterful quality broadcast. BTN StudentU should take notes.

And the sad part is is that I pay $80/year for BTN StudentU on BTN+
    Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 10-24-2015, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Saw the end on RPITV- thanks for broadcasting that! good stuff!

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    That's the loser's way in. Even if Michigan won both, that's still putting lipstick on a pig and not how teams with first round picks on the roster should be playing.
    That's a fact, not an opinion- you win your conference tourney you get an autobid. How is that backing in? None of the B1G teams will deserve an at large if they continue to play like they have the last 2 seasons and so far this season.

And screw the draft choice chatter- Compher, Connor, Nieves, Werenski and Downing *may* make an NHL roster some day out of the draft choices, but it is the debacle in net that is holding back this team.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I didn't know it was a Youtube stream. I kept looking all over their website for a stream and became worried.

I bought the Union stream last night which was 100x better than anything you'll see at any other B1G school.
    Good to see that FD08 found it. It will be available through the RPI-TV website as game time approaches, but both that and YouTube are the same.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchman
    replied

I didn't know it was a Youtube stream. I kept looking all over their website for a stream and became worried.

I bought the Union stream last night which was 100x better than anything you'll see at any other B1G school.
    Thanks. Big improvement this year over past years. Shooting with high definition AVCHD H.262 high definition 1280 x 1024 so the cameras were all upgraded. In the viewer you want to click on HD. Using multiple cameras lets us shoot up close at the rink level with an announcer there as well. The bandwidth back to the server in Atlanta was also increased. You can now jump back and forth in the stream while its recording. The big improvement is with instant replay. The announcers were able to replay some of the goals over and over with both camera angles. In addition there has been improvements in rink lighting that went hand and hand with the improved video. What I like best is the archiving. If you sign up for the year its still $79.00 and you get to see all our home hockey games in the archives. It does take a week or two to get posted.

RPI.tv is the gold standard for ECAC hockey video and its free. A few years back, they actually did the ECAC tournament in Atlantic City. Its a student-run operation. You will like it.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 10-24-2015, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    A black and white 50's kinoscope with a finger partially over the lens is better than anything Union can put out. Could you see past the netting?
    Yeah. Keep in mind, most of the B1G schools don't give a **** about hockey. It's about 5th at best at some schools and not even on the radar at others. OSU just gives us the scoreboard feed from their arena (including animations interrupting gameplay) with no sound.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

A black and white 50's kinoscope with a finger partially over the lens is better than anything Union can put out. Could you see past the netting?

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Michigan's schedule says RPI TV will be broadcasting the game. Are they any good at it?
    Put it this way: RPI can't make the ECAC tournament championship weekend the normal way, and the league can't get TV rights, so RPI gets "in" as the media provider.

Leave a comment:

• ServinisScores
    replied

Michigan's schedule says RPI TV will be broadcasting the game. Are they any good at it?
    top notch - chromecast to your TV, high quality production.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    They are great -- and free. However it isn't clear to me that they will be broadcasting it since it is being shown on local TV and sometimes that means that RPI-TV doesn't do it. We'll see.
    RPI-TV will be doing it, and I assume simulcasting the feed to local TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrYJKTeknG4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X