• Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State Mavericks 2015-2016 regular season thread

Game times announced for Friday:

Mn State vs BGSU 4pm
    Tech vs Ferris 730pm

Comment

Well, on the last day of the "regular season" the Mavericks are playing to go to the big dance. This never happened before Mike Hastings got to Mankato, and after winning his 100th game in 4 years, we're playing for the Broadmoor trophy for the third straight season. Remarkable where this program has come, now lets get a win and hang another banner!!!
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        Well, on the last day of the "regular season" the Mavericks are playing to go to the big dance. This never happened before Mike Hastings got to Mankato, and after winning his 100th game in 4 years, we're playing for the Broadmoor trophy for the third straight season. Remarkable where this program has come, now lets get a win and hang another banner!!!
        Well put! Hastings has raised our expectations- Which is a good thing! Don't get me wrong! - which has led to some disappointment with how things have gone this year. But big picture, we've won 20+ games this year, and have a chance to get into the NCAA tournament. Let's go, Mavs!

Comment

Well that was ugly.

Comment

You guys looked flat tonight. Ferris played with a lot more energy. In particular, Mavericks' stick work wasn't very good. A lot of weak passes and telegraphed passes which made it easy for Ferris to disrupt things and turn them the other way. Plus, mishandling pucks, overskating pucks, fanning on a few shots, making too slow decisions on what to do with the puck. Very good season overall but a disappointing finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              You guys looked flat tonight. Ferris played with a lot more energy. In particular, Mavericks' stick work wasn't very good. A lot of weak passes and telegraphed passes which made it easy for Ferris to disrupt things and turn them the other way. Plus, mishandling pucks, overskating pucks, fanning on a few shots, making too slow decisions on what to do with the puck. Very good season overall but a disappointing finish.
              I think it had more to do with the lack of discipline and inability to capitalize on the PP.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Tough loss Mav fans. I thought you were the better team on paper. Ferris just looked like they wanted it a little more. Probably would have gotten the 15 hole in St Paul vs St Cloud next weekend in the NCAAs. Hastings has this program heading the right direction.

Comment

Bummer.. but not a total suprise. Casey Nelson signs with the Sabres. Good luck Casey and congrats on WCHA defensive player of the year!!

Comment

Originally posted by ole ole ole ole View Post
                    Bummer.. but not a total suprise. Casey Nelson signs with the Sabres. Good luck Casey and congrats on WCHA defensive player of the year!!
                    It was great to have him, and wishing him all the best! Thanks for your dedication and all you did for the program, Casey!

Also, got a chance to talk to his parents at a few games over the years. Terrific people, and I hope they enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State Mavericks 2015-2016 regular season thread

Big losses this year. And I still think that Winnipeg might try to get Franklin to come out early. Some guys are really going to have to step up offensively next year, or we will have problems.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Saw Casey Nelson play his first NHL game Saturday. Thought he looked great! Didn't seem out of place at all, and even got a few seconds on the power play, where his shot can make him a fixture as he gets experience. Did a nice job digging the puck out along the wall and starting a rush that led to Hudson Fasching's goal, and Casey's first point. Cool moment to see someone who came from unheralded NAHL guy to defensive player of the year to NHL player in 3 seasons. It speaks well for him and the program.

Comment

Saw the end of tonight's game in a bar with no sound. Seems like Casey was playing a regular shift, scored a point, and it seems they were not afraid to put him on the ice when they needed a goal to tie the game. Might be the benefit of signing with a team that is out of the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                          X