Minnesota State Mavericks 2015-2016 regular season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State Mavericks 2015-2016 regular season thread

If someone has already started a regular season thread, I can't find it, and I used the search function.

So, as bad as the start has been, here it is. It looks like hoping that Huggins would have a Williams-like bounce-back after a dismal sophomore year is out the window. Nobody can put the puck in the net. Not good.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Yikes. 4 games in, 0 wins, and only a grand total of 4 goals. We'll be unranked after this weekend.

Should I be scared??
    Also, 4 non-conference game loses hurts the wcha as a whole.

Comment

Re: Minnesota State Mavericks 2015-2016 regular season thread

Three straight games. Nine periods without a goal. Yow.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Should I be scared??
        4 non-conference game loses hurts the wcha as a whole.

I wouldn't worry everyone already knows the WCHA is a powderpuff division anyways
        Last edited by Sioux-perDrunk; 10-18-2015, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
          Should I be scared??
          4 non-conference game loses hurts the wcha as a whole.

I wouldn't worry everyone already knows the WCHA is a powderpuff division anyways
          Siux-perDrunk is such a moron that he doesn't even know how to use the quote function.

Comment

Hey it's fine that your team is so bad you can't even defend them and instead try go after my use of the quote function. Try not crying to much this year! It looks like it's gonna be a really bad year for ya😂

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux-perDrunk View Post
              Hey it's fine that your team is so bad you can't even defend them and instead try go after my use of the quote function. Try not crying to much this year! It looks like it's gonna be a really bad year for ya��
              I'll be fine. I've been through plenty of bad years. Go on back to the "like-minded teams" of your conference and let us worry about ours.

Comment

I think that the Mavs have too much talent in that room to let this go on for too much longer. From reading Chris Dilks, it's just that they're really hitting this incredibly-bad shooting run. These percentages simply aren't sustainable. Even the 2013-14 Chargers potted a goal a game, and that was the worst team in D-I history.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                  I think that the Mavs have too much talent in that room to let this go on for too much longer. From reading Chris Dilks, it's just that they're really hitting this incredibly-bad shooting run. These percentages simply aren't sustainable. Even the 2013-14 Chargers potted a goal a game, and that was the worst team in D-I history.

GFM
                  What has Coach Hastings said about the slow start? This really surprised me...

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Mel View Post
                    What has Coach Hastings said about the slow start? This really surprised me...
                    He said:

"Uncharted waters," coach Mike Hastings said.

For the first time in program history, the Mavericks were shut out for the third game in a row, falling to nonconference rival and 12th-ranked St. Cloud State 3-0 at the Herb Brooks National Hockey Center.

The loss dropped MSU, which entered the weekend ranked 14th in the country, to 0-4 to start the season, but finding a win has to start with finding a goal, and the Mavericks haven't been able to unearth one since early in the third period of their season opener.

"We've gotta find ways to score goals," Hastings said. "They don't have to be pictures. They just have to be a number, something that breaks the egg."

Comment

Originally posted by maverick2009 View Post
                      Yikes. 4 games in, 0 wins, and only a grand total of 4 goals. We'll be unranked after this weekend.

Should I be scared??
                      Also, 4 non-conference game loses hurts the wcha as a whole.
                      Are you counting exhibition goals?
                      UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Its a painful way to start the season for sure. Too much talent for them to be shut out back to back to back games, the games Ive seen there have been a lot of missed opportunities that in previous years those shots were buried. I think now its at 3 games its obviously in their heads and if they can just break through that then it should be ok. Long season still. Lots of opportunities to improve.
                        Last edited by MavsFan19; 10-20-2015, 02:48 PM.
                        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                          Its a painful way to start the season for sure. Too much talent for them to be shut out back to back to back games, the games Ive seen there have been a lot of missed opportunities that in previous years those shots were buried. I think now its at 3 games its obviously in their heads and if they can just break through that then it should be ok. Long season still. Lots of opportunities to improve.
                          I still have hope, and I know that a 2% shooting percentage isn't going to last forever, but seeing a few goals would do a lot to lift my morale.

Comment

tough start but it doesnt diminish what this team can and could accomplish. Ill gladly take a tough start if that means they catch fire later. I look at this time similar to when we lost lehrke two seasons ago, they started off slow but picked up once he came back and they got things figured out. Hopefully they can do something similar this year as well, it just would have been easier to do it against teams that werent top 10 caliber.
                            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Back at the winning thing! Huge road win! Let's bring the brooms tomorrow! Finally our goal scorers scored goals!
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                              X