No announcement yet.

BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frechette isn't shy on the ice. Can skate and move the puck, too. Good pick up to help build out the defense group.

Comment

• The Athletic's Cory Pronman has boosted 2023 recruit RD Gavin McCarthy up to a late 1st round pick.

Analysis: McCarthy’s toolkit is one that should do well in the pro game. He’s got good size, he’s a right-shot, he skates well, and he’s showing a lot of offense this season in the USHL. I don’t think he’s a natural puck-mover, but McCarthy has good skill and can make the occasional tough offensive play. His skating allows him to transport pucks up ice. Defensively he’s solid. He can run around a little bit, but he’s quite physical, and his skating lets him close on plays well. I think he will play a regular role on an NHL team.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• While Lane and Quinn were providing overtime heroics, Cole Hutson tied the NTDP record for most points by a defenseman in his U17 season--49. He's tied with Chad Krys (in the 17 year category) and both of them are tied with Adam Clendening for sixth most points by a defenseman in any single NTDP season.

Ahead of them are Freddy Meyer 51, Quinn Hughes 53, Adam Fox 59, Lane Hutson 63 and Cam York 65.

Cole has been moved up to the U18 and is expected to be with them for the World U18 Championships.

Comment

• Brown University captain Luke Krys (son of Mark, brother of Chad) is in the transfer portal as a grad transfer. He was a Second Team All-Ivy blueliner and would be a nice addition on Comm. Ave. next season.

Comment

• USHL.com spotlight on Chicago Steel center Macklin Celebrini:
            “It (choosing BU) was kind of the same as Shattuck and Chicago. I took an unofficial visit last summer and found that it had the same kind of draw as Chicago. A great staff that stressed how they’d help me with my game and how I would develop. And, of course, it’s a great school. Just everything. It was very similar as my experience in meeting the staff here in Chicago in that we seemed to click.”
            https://ushl.com/news/2023/3/24/mens...-the-path.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
              Brown University captain Luke Krys (son of Mark, brother of Chad) is in the transfer portal as a grad transfer. He was a Second Team All-Ivy blueliner and would be a nice addition on Comm. Ave. next season.
              I assume BU can't do anything on the Transfer Portal until their current season is officially completed. Anyone know the rules/parameters on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

I assume BU can't do anything on the Transfer Portal until their current season is officially completed. Anyone know the rules/parameters on that?
                That isn’t true considering Quinnipiac is getting Davis Pennington out of the portal via Omaha.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Hearing that BU has been talking to portal players from Hockey East and ECAC. A forward and a defenseman.
                  Luke Krys is headed to Providence.

Comment

• After 2G,2A today, Macklin Celebrini has 45-38-83 in just 48 games for 1.73 PPG. Last season, Adam Fantilli had 37-37-74 in 54 games for a 1.37 PPG. Jeremy Wilmer led the league in points: 25-73-98 for 1.63. Celebrini has missed a few games between the WJAC event and injuries. He has six league games before the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      After 2G,2A today, Macklin Celebrini has 45-38-83 in just 48 games for 1.73 PPG. Last season, Adam Fantilli had 37-37-74 in 54 games for a 1.37 PPG. Jeremy Wilmer led the league in points: 25-73-98 for 1.63. Celebrini has missed a few games between the WJAC event and injuries. He has six league games before the playoffs.
                      Friend of mine was at the game today and said Celebrini is the real deal. He is going to be incredible for you guys.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• BC vs BU is going to be so much fun next year. The talent on the ice will be nuts

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Hearing that BU has been talking to portal players from Hockey East and ECAC. A forward and a defenseman.
                          Luke Krys is headed to Providence.
                          Doesn't BU still need a goalie for next year? Is Duplessis seen as our #1 next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post

Doesn't BU still need a goalie for next year? Is Duplessis seen as our #1 next season?
                            Besides Vinny, BU has NTDP U18 goalie Michael Chambre committed for next season. He saw limited action this year having been injured to start the season and, I'm told, recently had hip surgery. That may lead BU to look at portal goalies (just my conjecture). In any event a third goal will be needed.

Looking ahead, The Athletic's Scott Wheeler posted his 2024 NHL draft projections with Macklin Celebrini #1 and Cole Hutson #15. Very strong reviews for both. NTDP U17 forward Kamil Bednarik listed as a player to watch.
                            https://theathletic.com/4351800/2023/04/04/nhl-draft-2024-ranking-scott-wheeler/

Comment

• How about Logan Terness? Seemed kinda odd to me that he hit the portal. That is if you really are in the market for a portal goalie.

Comment

• At the USA Hockey Nationals, two BU recruits won championships and made their tournament All-Star teams: 2024 recruit Will Zellers with Shattuck St. Mary's in the U18 Division (he's playing up a year) and 2025 recruit John McNelis with Long Island Gulls in the 16U Division.

Comment

Working...
                                X