No announcement yet.

BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goalie Anton Castro, a former BU commit, is now headed for Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
      Goalie Anton Castro, a former BU commit, is now headed for Wisconsin.
      According to TheRinkLive, “Castro was previously committed to Boston University and decided to re-open his recruitment back in late November.” So it would appear Castro made the decision.

With Duplessis returning and Chambre arriving, BU will still need a third goalie. Getting someone with experience from the portal would seem a good alternative to getting a freshman to come almost certainly without a scholarship.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• I'd heard through the grapevine earlier this year the coaching staff was possibly looking in another direction on next year's goalie recruits. I don't know who it was in relation to or in what context. But this may be that.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          I'd heard through the grapevine earlier this year the coaching staff was possibly looking in another direction on next year's goalie recruits. I don't know who it was in relation to or in what context. But this may be that.
          I'm worried about goalies, going forward. Michael Chambre looks only adequate, and that isn't up to BU's standards or needs. Hopefully Vinnie will stay for next year, but Chambre is the only goalie we have in our pipeline for next year or any year that follows. Maybe there is some unknown grand design, or someone who is their back pocket as a transfer....... one can only hope there s a plan.....

And, is Macklin Celebrini now not coming in for next year (23-24)? If he's as good as everyone says, we may never see him at BU.

Comment

• There's no indications that Vinny is leaving or Celebrini is not coming. Both of those are baseless speculation.

It's also proven to be very feasible to get a solid goalie in the transfer portal in any offseason.

I suspect the coaching staff will ultimately decide whether they want to proceed with Chambre or get a transfer. A transfer who could be a viable option would not come here to be goalie goalie #3.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
              I'm worried about goalies, going forward. Michael Chambre looks only adequate, and that isn't up to BU's standards or needs. Hopefully Vinnie will stay for next year, but Chambre is the only goalie we have in our pipeline for next year or any year that follows. Maybe there is some unknown grand design, or someone who is their back pocket as a transfer....... one can only hope there s a plan.....
              As I recall BU had a goalie issue back at the end of the 2007-08 season. They were able to pick up one or two really good goalies in a short time and they worked out pretty well.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

There's no indications that Vinny is leaving or Celebrini is not coming. Both of those are baseless speculation.

It's also proven to be very feasible to get a solid goalie in the transfer portal in any offseason.

I suspect the coaching staff will ultimately decide whether they want to proceed with Chambre or get a transfer. A transfer who could be a viable option would not come here to be goalie goalie #3.
                Any chance Commesso comes back for his senior season? He still has two years of eligibility with the Covid season...he would be an NHL free agent in August of senior season if he decided not to sign with struggling Chicago.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

Any chance Commesso comes back for his senior season? He still has two years of eligibility with the Covid season...he would be an NHL free agent in August of senior season if he decided not to sign with struggling Chicago.....
                  I have no information there, but purely guessing I think it's highly unlikely he returns.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

There's no indications that Vinny is leaving or Celebrini is not coming. Both of those are baseless speculation.

Chambre had a good game last night, stopping all 17 shots he faced. Thought he played very well in the BioSteel All-American Prospects game, despite giving up two goals. He had a slow start to the season, playing into shape following an injury.

Just three goalies in the transfer portal right now and only one appears to be a possibility

Comment

• Macklin Celebrini has taken over the USHL scoring lead (25-24-49, 1.48 ppg) from Jack Harvey who still leads in goals with 27. Celebrini, with 8 goals in his last 8 games, arrives at BU 9/23. Please leave the PxP guy behind.

Goal https://***********/ChicagoSteel/sta...6Q5klX9aoUHo4g

Assist https://***********/ryan_sikes10/sta..._N10c48Lg4-AAA

Comment

• Mark Divver reporting BU has received a committment from Aidan Souligny an Ottawa native playing for New jersey Rockets-06 birthdate so assume 2-3 years away

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          [Please leave the PxP guy behind.
                          Cheetah looking to hunt the new boom goes the dynamite?
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            Mark Divver reporting BU has received a committment from Aidan Souligny an Ottawa native playing for New jersey Rockets-06 birthdate so assume 2-3 years away

6'2" LD is for 25-26, according to Heisenberg and College Hockey Inc. More on the blog.

2024 or 2025 recruit Cole Hutson is one of three NTDP U17 skaters who have moved up to the U18s. He's the top scoring blueliner—and third overall— on the U17s with 42 points. That ties him with Dom Fensore for 12th most points by an NTDP defenseman in a season. Hutson is seven points away from tying Chad Krys’ record (49) for most points by a defenseman in an NTDP U17 season.

Comment

• Chris Peters, FloHockey tweeted:
                              Macklin Celebrini (2024) caps off a seven-point weekend for the Chicago Steel to become the USHL's all-time leader in points by a U17 player with 71. He is also the first U17 player to eclipse 40 goals in a USHL season. Special player.
                              Celebrini is 12 points and 11 goals ahead of the #2 scorer, fellow BU recruit Jack Harvey, despite missing 8 games for international events. Turns 17 in June and is expected to accelerate and join BU next fall.

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/10...scoring-record
                              https://***********/ChicagoSteel/sta...535070720?s=20

Comment

• Mark Divver: Hard-nosed Dexter defenseman Mick Frechette commits to Boston University

Heisenberg and Elite Prospects have him arriving in 2024-25.
                                6'2" 205 LD. 11-14-25 in 32 games for Dan Donato's Dexter-Southfield team. More:
                                https://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/2...rterfinal.html
                                Last edited by Rogie21; 03-11-2023, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X