Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I see that goalie Anton Castro is no longer listed as a BU commit.
    Did he de-commit? Or was he no longer wanted after the coaching change?
    He seemed a solid prospect.

    US Under-18 goalie Michael Chambre is still still in the pipeline, but may be a couple of years away.

    Duplessis will be back next year. Maybe Commesso for his fourth year, if he doesn't sign with the Blackhawks.

    What is the goalie situation for next year? A third-string at least.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
      I see that goalie Anton Castro is no longer listed as a BU commit.
      Did he de-commit? Or was he no longer wanted after the coaching change?
      He seemed a solid prospect.

      US Under-18 goalie Michael Chambre is still still in the pipeline, but may be a couple of years away.

      Duplessis will be back next year. Maybe Commesso for his fourth year, if he doesn't sign with the Blackhawks.

      What is the goalie situation for next year? A third-string at least.
      The only mention I've seen of Castro, who is having a pretty good season at Fargo, was a tweet that he's "no longer committed." No indication of whose choice. Chambre has signed his NLOI and is expected next season. Chambre played 41 minutes in the U18s' exhibition game vs. BU, giving up 5 goals. You can get another look at him next Monday in the BioSteel All-American Prospects game on NHL Network. 4 other recruits will be playing: Ds Gavin McCarthy and Kai Janviriya and Fs Brandon Svoboda and Jack Harvey, who leads the USHL in scoring and goals.
      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

      Comment



      • Colby Cohen tweeting that Macklin Celebrini a potential #1 overall for the 2024 draft "is set to arrive at BU next season." With 17-19-36 for Chicago Steel, he leads the USHL in points/game with 1.57.

        https://twitter.com/ColbyCohen36/sta...lCCeGNR5ho_Giw
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

        Comment


        • https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/status/1616621021452288004?s=20&t=01igsD_pricGKvxH0GKmKw

          Look familiar?
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
            Colby Cohen tweeting that Macklin Celebrini a potential #1 overall for the 2024 draft "is set to arrive at BU next season." With 17-19-36 for Chicago Steel, he leads the USHL in points/game with 1.57.

            https://twitter.com/ColbyCohen36/sta...lCCeGNR5ho_Giw
            Has there ever been a player who was only 17 for his whole freshman year?
            Go BU!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by smyler3 View Post

              Has there ever been a player who was only 17 for his whole freshman year?
              No. Craig Simpson was 16 part of his freshman year until he turned 17 late in the season, February 15th. (Smiley)

              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Simpson

              Simpson played collegiate hockey for the Michigan State Spartans of the NCAA from 1983–84 to 1984–85.[citation needed] Simpson skipped the third grade, then took his grade 11 and 12 course load simultaneously allowing him to start college at age 16.[2] became the first 16-year old to play Varsity hockey in the United States [3] and actually led the team in scoring as a freshman.
              The Umile legacy:
              14-15 8th place,
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post

                No. Craig Simpson was 16 part of his freshman year until he turned 17 late in the season, February 15th. (Smiley)

                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Simpson
                Yowza. Seems like it worked out ok for him.
                Go BU!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by smyler3 View Post

                  Yowza. Seems like it worked out ok for him.
                  worked out ok for the pens too, as they traded simpson along with others to edm for coffey, which helped bring their first cup that season. (then coffey wasn't wanted by scotty bowman next season and was traded in a three team deal that brought tochett, kjell (ulfie's favorite brother) samuelsson, and kenny wregget to win back to back).

                  ..... all thanks to craig simpson ;-)
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                  Comment


                  • Goalie Anton Castro is back on the list for next season on the Terrier Hockey Blogspot's projected future rosters grid. So is he back on, or off?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                      Goalie Anton Castro is back on the list for next season on the Terrier Hockey Blogspot's projected future rosters grid. So is he back on, or off?
                      I believe I saw when he tweeted it that he had neglected to remove Castro. So I think he is still "off".
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                        Goalie Anton Castro is back on the list for next season on the Terrier Hockey Blogspot's projected future rosters grid. So is he back on, or off?
                        He is no longer committed. Thanks for noticing the mistake. The roster projections are done periodically and tweeted by BU fan @BurntBoats. He neglected to remove Castro when updating to add defensemen Hunter Hady and Tom Willander. I've added a note to today's blogpost pointing out the error.





                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by defkit View Post

                          I believe I saw when he tweeted it that he had neglected to remove Castro. So I think he is still "off".
                          I'm worried about our depth at goal. It's the most critical position on the ice. We might have Drew for another year, will likely have Vinnie for another year, then what? I haven't been impressed by Chambre from what little sample I've seen, and his stats are only mediocre. I think we'll need help at that position.

                          I'd asked on the 'Sail the Boats' blog whatever had become of Dylan Silverstein, late of BC. He was the real deal. They have now grabbed Jacob Fowler, so Silverstein isn't likely to return to BC. Who are the other non-committed keepers that are 'out there'? We should be shopping (and maybe we are).

                          Comment


                          • I did see some where that Silverstein had an injury, withdrew from school and returned home. A post on Reddit says that 'rumor is Silverstein suffered a concussion that would limit him until January'. Withdrawing allowed him to preserve his freshman year until next season.

                            Comment


                            • I think it's 90% likely that Drew is gone after this season. Getting your degree (via summer school classes) in 3-years and going pro seems to be the new model for drafted goalies. And God knows the Blackhawks can use all the help they can get.

                              I'm sure that Vinny and the US Under 18 kid is the plan. Coach 'em up!
                              It Happened!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by OldAlum View Post

                                I'm worried about our depth at goal. It's the most critical position on the ice. We might have Drew for another year, will likely have Vinnie for another year, then what? I haven't been impressed by Chambre from what little sample I've seen, and his stats are only mediocre. I think we'll need help at that position.

                                I'd asked on the 'Sail the Boats' blog whatever had become of Dylan Silverstein, late of BC. He was the real deal. They have now grabbed Jacob Fowler, so Silverstein isn't likely to return to BC. Who are the other non-committed keepers that are 'out there'? We should be shopping (and maybe we are).
                                Chambre missed the first third of the U18 season with an injury and now is part of a 3-man rotation. I watched him in the All-American Prospects gave and thought he played well despite allowing two goals. One was a no-chancer on a defensive breakdown; the second a jam at the net after making the initial save. Made several excellent stops as well. Handles the puck very well. The NTDP home games are streamed without a paywall, so you can judge for yourself.

                                BurntBoats provided a corrected roster projection--sans Castro--and it's posted on the blog. He has Aiden Celebrini coming in 2024, but with brother Macklin apparently accelerating, I wouldn't be surprised if Aiden comes in the fall as well.
                                Last edited by Rogie21; 01-25-2023, 01:37 PM.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X