BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

The DobberProspects.com interview with 2020 recruit Dylan Peterson has been posted. Again, including video clips from the past season with the player explaining how he approached the situation. A 6'4" RW/C, Peterson is ranked #43 among N. American skaters for the upcoming draft.
    https://dobberprospects.com/talking-...aft-interview/
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Shlaine headed to UConn. Academic issues? Or was it that he wanted to start this season (assuming there is one)?

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
        Shlaine headed to UConn. Academic issues? Or was it that he wanted to start this season (assuming there is one)?
        Could be, UConn attracts a lot of Russian players.

Comment

Well that's a bummer.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I heard he wanted to start 20-21 but staff wanted a year of juniors. Also think scholarship $ mightve been an issue if we could'nt bring him in

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post
              I heard he wanted to start 20-21 but staff wanted a year of juniors. Also think scholarship $ mightve been an issue if we could'nt bring him in
              The UConn blog said he was also considering BC, UMass and Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by cridge View Post
                Maybe Farrance coming back created a scholly issue?
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I have no inside info, besides that Shlaine was always slated to come to BU in 21-22. Pure speculation, but I'm guessing he decided he no longer wanted to wait another year and BU didn't have an interest or roster room to accommodate moving him up so he decided to move elsewhere.

For many kids who are projected to be a late round pick I expect they either have the choice of going to a "blue-blood" hockey program at 19 or a UConn type program at 18. Either choice has its benefits and I don't fault a kid for choosing either option.

Comment

Divver just tweeted that Braden Doyle is now coming in 21-22’.

Comment

What the heck? We will take him this year gladly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        “Fully committed to bu 21-22”

Sorry, not sorry
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Eh, I disagree. Having 3 offensive minded defensmen (Farrance, Fensore, Doyle) would've been tough since none of their defensive skills are great. Also, he wouldn't have gotten much PP time. Giving him another year of juniors gives him top pairing minutes, PP time, and more time to work on his defensive game. Once Farrance leaves, Doyle will be valuable to the team. If he came in this upcoming year he would have struggled for minutes IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by cridge View Post
                            Eh, I disagree. Having 3 offensive minded defensmen (Farrance, Fensore, Doyle) would've been tough since none of their defensive skills are great. Also, he wouldn't have gotten much PP time. Giving him another year of juniors gives him top pairing minutes, PP time, and more time to work on his defensive game. Once Farrance leaves, Doyle will be valuable to the team. If he came in this upcoming year he would have struggled for minutes IMO.
                            Agreed. A third offensive-minded D would also risk stunting Fensore's growth since it'd inevitably take PT away from him.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

As the NHL draft approaches, Drew Commesso, ranked #2 among N. American goalies, is projected to be a mid-round selection.

Also, a Commesso draft profile from The Hockey Writers
                              https://thehockeywriters.com/drew-co...spect-profile/

Comment

• BU gets commitments from two high-end forwards for 2022: 6'4" Tabor forward Shane Lachance, son of Scott Lachance and grandson of Jack Parker; and Jack Musa, a 5'8" forward from Trinity-Pawling and North Jersey Avalanche 16U.

NEHJ: During his rookie season in prep, Lachance showed flashes of why I believe he’s a top two-round draft pick in 2021. He’s starting to come into his own as he grows into his body. The Andover, Mass., native scored 13 goals this winter for the Seawolves. Notably, 10 of those tallies came over the last 16 games of the season. He has the length to protect pucks and get off quality chances while driving the net and penetrating the middle of the ice. His skating continues to get more fluid at each viewing.
                                OverTheBoards: 03 F Jack Musa (@NJ_Avalanche 16/@TPrideHockey) commits to BU. Great look for the Terriers, small scorer with great talent and compete level. 30 points in 24 games in prep hockey as a late '03 (sophomore)
                                More on the blog

Comment

Working...
                                X