Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogie21
    replied
    All three 2021 BU recruits on the NTDP U18s—Jeremy Wilmer, Tyler Boucher and defenseman Roman Schmidt—found the net in Team USA’s 5-0 shutout of NAHL Austin. Boucher, who also had an assist, and Wilmer each recorded their third goal in as many games.
    Wilmer https://***********/USAHockeyNTDP/st...90138860777476
    Boucher https://***********/USAHockeyNTDP/st...00590864908289
    Schmidt https://***********/USAHockeyNTDP/st...187591168?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    BU gets commitments from two high-end forwards for 2022: 6'4" Tabor forward Shane Lachance, son of Scott Lachance and grandson of Jack Parker; and Jack Musa, a 5'8" forward from Trinity-Pawling and North Jersey Avalanche 16U.

More on the blog

Saw LaChance a lot at Andover HS. You could see the physical tools were there, but I thought he walked through many games. Played to the level of competition without a whole lot of desire. Perhaps that's changed at Tabor?

https://www.andovertownsman.com/spor...2cfa50ebd.html

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    2021 recruit Quinn Hutson scored twice in the BCHL Penticton Vees’ Peach Cup intra-squad game last night, leading Team White to a 4-0 win against Blue. Hutston had 51 goals last season for North Jersey Avalanche 16U Premier.
    https://www.pentictonvees.ca/game-re...ches-cup-crown
    https://***********/PentictonVees/st...222553088?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    BU gets its third commitment in a week, '04 SSM forward and Montreal native Michael La Starza. NEHJ's Cox calls him "one of the more highly regarded Canadian players in his birth year" whose "skating, puck skills and hockey sense are all high-end." Led SSM 16U in scoring (24-42-66). Ranked #10 for the Q draft before tendering with USHL Waterloo (similar to Bowers' path).
    NEHJ:

I’ve seen La Starza several times with Shattuck-St. Mary’s and in a couple of summer showcases in New England. La Starza was the best player in the Junior Chowder Cup last summer. He produces because of his shiftiness and ability to make plays in small areas. His edge work was very good and he was able to get space for himself and his teammates.
    More on the blog.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    BU gets commitments from two high-end forwards for 2022: 6'4" Tabor forward Shane Lachance, son of Scott Lachance and grandson of Jack Parker; and Jack Musa, a 5'8" forward from Trinity-Pawling and North Jersey Avalanche 16U.

NEHJ: During his rookie season in prep, Lachance showed flashes of why I believe he’s a top two-round draft pick in 2021. He’s starting to come into his own as he grows into his body. The Andover, Mass., native scored 13 goals this winter for the Seawolves. Notably, 10 of those tallies came over the last 16 games of the season. He has the length to protect pucks and get off quality chances while driving the net and penetrating the middle of the ice. His skating continues to get more fluid at each viewing.
    OverTheBoards: 03 F Jack Musa (@NJ_Avalanche 16/@TPrideHockey) commits to BU. Great look for the Terriers, small scorer with great talent and compete level. 30 points in 24 games in prep hockey as a late '03 (sophomore)
    More on the blog

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied
    Re: BU Recruiting Update, Part 4

As the NHL draft approaches, Drew Commesso, ranked #2 among N. American goalies, is projected to be a mid-round selection.

Also, a Commesso draft profile from The Hockey Writers
    https://thehockeywriters.com/drew-co...spect-profile/

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by cridge View Post
    Eh, I disagree. Having 3 offensive minded defensmen (Farrance, Fensore, Doyle) would've been tough since none of their defensive skills are great. Also, he wouldn't have gotten much PP time. Giving him another year of juniors gives him top pairing minutes, PP time, and more time to work on his defensive game. Once Farrance leaves, Doyle will be valuable to the team. If he came in this upcoming year he would have struggled for minutes IMO.
    Agreed. A third offensive-minded D would also risk stunting Fensore's growth since it'd inevitably take PT away from him.

Leave a comment:

• cridge
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    What the heck? We will take him this year gladly.
    Eh, I disagree. Having 3 offensive minded defensmen (Farrance, Fensore, Doyle) would've been tough since none of their defensive skills are great. Also, he wouldn't have gotten much PP time. Giving him another year of juniors gives him top pairing minutes, PP time, and more time to work on his defensive game. Once Farrance leaves, Doyle will be valuable to the team. If he came in this upcoming year he would have struggled for minutes IMO.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    “Fully committed to bu 21-22”

Sorry, not sorry

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• srsterrier
    replied

Divver just tweeted that Braden Doyle is now coming in 21-22’.

Leave a comment:

• Agganis
    replied

I have no inside info, besides that Shlaine was always slated to come to BU in 21-22. Pure speculation, but I'm guessing he decided he no longer wanted to wait another year and BU didn't have an interest or roster room to accommodate moving him up so he decided to move elsewhere.

For many kids who are projected to be a late round pick I expect they either have the choice of going to a "blue-blood" hockey program at 19 or a UConn type program at 18. Either choice has its benefits and I don't fault a kid for choosing either option.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

I heard he wanted to start 20-21 but staff wanted a year of juniors. Also think scholarship $ mightve been an issue if we could'nt bring him in
    Maybe Farrance coming back created a scholly issue?

Leave a comment:

• srsterrier
    replied
    I heard he wanted to start 20-21 but staff wanted a year of juniors. Also think scholarship $ mightve been an issue if we could'nt bring him in
    The UConn blog said he was also considering BC, UMass and Ohio State.

Leave a comment:

• cridge
    replied

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    Shlaine headed to UConn. Academic issues? Or was it that he wanted to start this season (assuming there is one)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X