Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs UMD: 10/16 & 10/17

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Perhaps a bit of an unfair comparison, just trying to define what defines a "blow out" when it comes to hockey. But if you look at Wisconsin's and BC's women's teams you will find similar examples of blowout victories in their results as well. Each have /Domination way beyond 3-0.
    Hockey...I'd say 4 goals overall, or 3 quick goals then shift to trap-mode to protect lead. I would say that is the minimum, as for stats.

I wouldn't say MN Men's got blown out this weekend, but they were beat soundly. There was no question in who the better team was.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I wouldn't say MN Men's got blown out this weekend, but they were beat soundly. There was no question in who the better team was.
      I would go along with that 100%.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        I'm also curious what shot attempts were per period. It seemed MN attempted quite a lot of shots those final 2 periods, but didn't get that many through. My feeling was that was a combination of Duluth's defensive zone performance and MN's poor job of finding shooting lanes/hitting the net. The latter is a "quality" issue that can, and I expect will, be improved upon.
        This is the most disturbing part for me so far. The amount of blocked shots seems outrageous.

It would also be nice to see how the Gophers would play with a lead ever.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          This was a genius call.
          I should probably quit while I'm ahead then.

Comment

But if you need a better example of what a "blow out" is in the game of hockey, check out what the Gopher Women are doing to their competition. In their last two series against St. Cloud State and Penn State, they've averaged 9 goals a game while giving up only 1. No need to look at SOG or anything else; the scores tell the story and define what a hockey "blow out" really means.
            I know what blown out means. I wasn't addressing the "blown out" comment, because we were not "blown out" in the technical sense on the scoreboard in any of the past three games (but they were obviously one-sided victories). But we were "blown out" on the ice in every aspect in the past three games. By saying you agree that the D is "adequate" "The numbers clearly support this contention... It's that we have no offense" you've ignored the ambivalence of the D to "get dirty" and protect their goalie and the offensive zone; and the numbers and incidentals I pointed out in my previous post do verify that. BTW don't be so sensitive about R2D2, he is smarter and younger than you...so appreciate it.

I do believe...better times lie ahead.
            Better times? They'll need a sweep this weekend to convince me this season is even salvageable. At this point I have my doubts that they'll make the NCAA tourney. This is one of the softest Gopher teams I've seen in a loooong time. This is 2009 all over again, possibly worse.
            Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-19-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
              I should probably quit while I'm ahead then.
              You probably should. Although given how the Gophers played this series...one goal per game prediction is a good bet.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                BTW don't be so sensitive about R2D2, he is smarter and younger than you...so appreciate it.
                So grown up now, aren't we now.

Better times? They'll need a sweep this weekend to convince me this season is even salvageable. At this point I have my doubts that they'll make the NCAA tourney. This is one of the softest Gopher teams I've seen in a loooong time. This is 2009 all over again, possibly worse.
                Sorry life is no longer worth living; try not to take it too personally. And if by some miracle the Gophers do manage to start winning a few games we'll look for you to be among the first to jump back on the bandwagon.

Comment

So grown up now, aren't we now.

Sorry life is no longer worth living; try not to take it too personally. And if by some miracle the Gophers do manage to start winning a few games we'll look for you to be among the first to jump back on the bandwagon.
                  Nothing's personal here, I'm just a fan surfin' through life. But judging by your spunky comments (i.e. So grown up now, aren't we now, I'm a 40 year season ticket holder so shut your trap!, etc.) are YOU ok? I must admit one of the timeless joys in life is watching cantankerous senior citizens get snarky. God bless you sir!

Comment

I must admit one of the timeless joys in life is watching cantankerous senior citizens get snarky.
                    Whatever floats your boat I guess. If I may ask, what are some of your other "timeless joys in life"?

God bless you sir!
                    Same to you, Harley, let's agree to move on. Peace.

Comment

Whatever floats your boat I guess. If I may ask, what are some of your other "timeless joys in life"?
                      Going to a park and feeding pigeons Alka-Seltzer and watching them explode.

Comment

Going to a park and feeding pigeons Alka-Seltzer and watching them explode.
                        Growing up in Duluth, we used to do some pretty nasty things with firecrackers. But those shenanigans were far from being timeless, as most of us moved on to other joys in life (like girls!) pretty quickly.

Comment

Growing up in Duluth, we used to do some pretty nasty things with firecrackers. But those shenanigans were far from being timeless, as most of us moved on to other joys in life (like girls!) pretty quickly.
                          Back in my college days in Duluth, after a good snowstorm, we'd jump out of 2nd story windows of the dorms into the snowdrifts. Yes, I have pics to prove it.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                          X