Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Cows
    replied
    Re: UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Originally posted by SilversSports View Post
    Wow, #1 awesome. Really can't believe that this game on Friday isn't being aired on TV. However, I can't make the trip from South Texas this weekend, so I wanted to ask, how is the NCHC stream? The only times I've seen in were back in the pressbox on the streaming computer at a home game. It seemed okay, but I'm considering probably getting the Annual pass and want to make sure it's a decent investment before I do considering I usually get at least one NCHC game a week on my cable package (although unfortunately that's rarely the Mavs).
    This game is being aired nationally on the American Sports Network:

http://americansportsnet.com/schedule/

Leave a comment:

• SilversSports
    replied

Wow, #1 awesome. Really can't believe that this game on Friday isn't being aired on TV. However, I can't make the trip from South Texas this weekend, so I wanted to ask, how is the NCHC stream? The only times I've seen in were back in the pressbox on the streaming computer at a home game. It seemed okay, but I'm considering probably getting the Annual pass and want to make sure it's a decent investment before I do considering I usually get at least one NCHC game a week on my cable package (although unfortunately that's rarely the Mavs).

Leave a comment:

• gomavs#1
    replied

According to the World-Herald, the Frozen Four banner will be dropped Friday night (as it should). Script could not have been written any better....opening new sold-out arena after first Frozen Four appearance and ranked #1 in the country for the first time. That building should be electric. Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    UNO is #1 in the USA Today/USA Hockey poll

http://www.usahockey.com/college

#2 in the USCHO poll

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

Awesome. Thought it would actually end up being the other way around.

Much deserved.

Weninger has exceed my wildest expectations of him so far in goal. My goal for this team, now, is to finish the regular season with a single digit loss total. I think this is attainable. For example, I think we quite likely win all our remaining non-conference games, all of which are at home and are against teams that are in quite different "places" than where we currently are, shall we say. Then, it's a matter of getting through conference with 9 losses or less. I could see that happening. Not saying it will, but, that is my hope.

Target. Being. Firmly. Affixed.

Polls = meaningless, though.

Chest thumping value, only. However, I would enjoy being consensus #1 next Monday.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

UNO is #1 in the USA Today/USA Hockey poll

http://www.usahockey.com/college

#2 in the USCHO poll

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    Interesting quote from Coach Blais after UNO's first game with Mankato that is worth seeing, if only because of who said it:
    I think that is significant as Blais has never been one to blow smoke up the team's or the fan's arses

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Interesting quote from Coach Blais after UNO's first game with Mankato that is worth seeing, if only because of who said it:

“I don’t know if any team I’ve ever coached has moved the puck better, especially in the first game of the year,” Blais said. “I can’t remember a team moving a puck that well. It could’ve (easily) been 4-0 or 5-0.”

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

The NCHC's much ballyhooed affiliation with the American Sports Network appears to be a joke.

Here is the page where you can find local stations that carry a given broadcast:

http://americansportsnet.com/schedule/

Not only is the UNO/Air Force game, which is on their schedule, not available, apparently, in the Omaha market, I also typed in the Zip Code of each and every city in which NCHC teams are located in and this game isn't available in a single one of those markets.

Am I missing something here? Is there something I don't know? That is utterly absurd. I had a hard time finding any market this game can been seen just randomly typing in Zip Codes. even.

Edit: Just tonight, this game now does mysteriously show up as being available in the Omaha market, on ALT2 (Altitude), which is Direct TV channel # 681-1, I believe.
    Last edited by Red Cows; 10-18-2015, 11:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Junior Austin Ortega is now 2 goals away from breaking the all time NCAA record for career game winning goals.

He's a shoe-in to break this record.

3 this season, already, after breaking the all time NCAA single season record last season.
    Last edited by Red Cows; 10-18-2015, 12:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    Are you coming to STC in December for the series?
    Since I think this team is destined for great things, probably not, although it isn't out of the question. Traveling to see us play is not exactly a small expense.

We've already made a road trip and I want to go see us play some post season hockey.

I'm betting we'll be involved in a fair bit of it.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
    Hard to not be pleased with a 4-0 start with two series on the road. Good start to the season.

Powerplay leaves something to be desired. That's one area that we need serious work on. Goaltending has been solid both weekends. So far, so good.
    Power play has been anemic. Most of the opportunities have come after we've "packed it in" though.

4th game in a row that we've been outshot and won, which just underscores what a meaningless stat that really is, particularly since there has been absolutely nothing fluky about all 4 of these wins on any level.

UNO is currently #1 in Pairwise, which is essentially meaningless at this point of the season. Nevertheless, I am trying to recall when this has EVER occurred before in program history at any point of any season.

No matter what, it is well deserved at this point with road sweeps against two different ranked teams in consecutive weekends, one of whom is the consensus pick to win their conference title.

I expect us to be 6-0-0 after next weekend, frankly, and we'll be #1 or # 2 on the country on Monday, too, probably.

Not exactly buying in to North Dakota who has a first year head coach, who has never been a head coach before at any level of hockey, previously.

This is the best overall product we have ever sent out on to the ice in the history of the program. By a mile.

Weninger will be the full time goalie by January 1st. Mark my words. I'm not afraid for us to play anybody, anywhere, based on what I have seen so far.
    Last edited by Red Cows; 10-18-2015, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gomavs#1
    replied

Hard to not be pleased with a 4-0 start with two series on the road. Good start to the season.

Powerplay leaves something to be desired. That's one area that we need serious work on. Goaltending has been solid both weekends. So far, so good.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
    Tried to give that one up last night. A couple poor decisions on defense made the game closer than it should have been. I felt comfortable with a 4-1 lead. Whoops! But a road win against a ranked opponent is a road win. Would be nice to start off 4-0 on two road series...we'll see tonight!
    It looked like we lost focus and packed it in after having a 4-1 lead. Being a fairly young team, we're going to have to learn that you have to play the last half of the game as well as you played the first half.

After getting a fairly easily accomplished 4-1 lead, we looked like we played not to lose, instead of to win, the rest of the way.

All this said, this team already looks superior to last season's. We are playing astoundingly (but not completely unexpectedly) well. There are times when we've looked scary good.

I bet Weninger is in goal tonight. Another win for us tonight would be very big come March, methinks. Vermont is a good team just like MSU is a good team.

Leave a comment:

• gomavs#1
    replied

Tried to give that one up last night. A couple poor decisions on defense made the game closer than it should have been. I felt comfortable with a 4-1 lead. Whoops! But a road win against a ranked opponent is a road win. Would be nice to start off 4-0 on two road series...we'll see tonight!

Leave a comment:

• Red Cows
    replied

Man vs. Food. Ryan Massa takes on UNO's new Taco Cannon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e33OdspxMg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X