Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gomavs#1
    replied
    Re: UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
    I have missed you guys SO much...
    Looking for easy wins? Schedule a nonconference with us next spring...we're pretty unbeatable in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• billmich88888
    replied

I have missed you guys SO much...

Leave a comment:

• gomavs#1
    replied

He's playing tonight. Doesn't matter. Denver is good. We are terrible.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Sauce
    replied
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Any word if he is playing this weekend?
    There isn't any reason in the media why he wouldn't play, unless of course Blaiser decides to Blais ... Again.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied
    Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    From a bracket integrity standpoint, the bracket was perfectly matched. 1-16, 8-9. Can't help that Mankato tripped on their own johnsons.

Someone brought up on the other UNO board how much different this season and Blais' future would look had they lost to Harvard in the 1st round last year. No NCAA tourney wins, no appearances in the Frozen Faceoff, Final Five or Super Six in 7 seasons. The Frozen Four appearance and the new arena are all that UNO has to show for the Blais era so far. Take out the F4 and you're left with no true accomplishment over what Mike Kemp did.
    I disagree... Even going into the tourney I said A) Mankato is not the best team in the country, no way and B)They are gonna choke in the tourney (and Biddco owes me drinks for that too )

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied
    On Mavpuck, someone said that he was a healthy scratch Saturday.
    Any word if he is playing this weekend?

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

They may have been a good hockey team, but almost all the teams in the tourney are pretty good teams, and I thought there were a lot of teams that would have been worse draws for UNO.

I appreciate the response on Brady and if anybody hears anything this week, I'd really appreciate any word/status update.
    From a bracket integrity standpoint, the bracket was perfectly matched. 1-16, 8-9. Can't help that Mankato tripped on their own johnsons.

Someone brought up on the other UNO board how much different this season and Blais' future would look had they lost to Harvard in the 1st round last year. No NCAA tourney wins, no appearances in the Frozen Faceoff, Final Five or Super Six in 7 seasons. The Frozen Four appearance and the new arena are all that UNO has to show for the Blais era so far. Take out the F4 and you're left with no true accomplishment over what Mike Kemp did.
    Last edited by 5thYearFreshman; 03-11-2016, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
    True. Not taking anything away from you beating Harvard. Just saying EVERY team that made a Regional Final would have wanted RIT vs. who they actually faced.

And completely ok with you guys taking out Denver this weekend. They need to be cooled down a bit. Tough task the way they've been playing though.
    Yes, they would have wanted RIT. But the regional draw also included the #1 overall seed. Had Mankato not ****ed it down their leg, UNO-Mankato would have been a tougher matchup, but that is how single elimination playoffs work.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

I appreciate the response on Brady and if anybody hears anything this week, I'd really appreciate any word/status update.
    On Mavpuck, someone said that he was a healthy scratch Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied

RIT was an advantageous draw in the Regional Final, but Harvard was a pretty good hockey team.
    True. Not taking anything away from you beating Harvard. Just saying EVERY team that made a Regional Final would have wanted RIT vs. who they actually faced.

And completely ok with you guys taking out Denver this weekend. They need to be cooled down a bit. Tough task the way they've been playing though.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

RIT was an advantageous draw in the Regional Final, but Harvard was a pretty good hockey team.
    They may have been a good hockey team, but almost all the teams in the tourney are pretty good teams, and I thought there were a lot of teams that would have been worse draws for UNO.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    Jim Dahl's analysis seems to imply that UNO will likely make the tourney with one win this weekend.
    http://collegehockeyranked.com/wp-co...016/03/uno.png

For whatever that's worth. DU is due for an off night, they've been lights outs since the calendar turned.

r
    I think UNO has to be 500 or better in the next 2 weekends. That includes sweeping Denver or winning one in Minneapolis if the DU series goes to 3

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
    Pretty advantageous road last year, don't you think? Do you see them getting past Denver at this point? I'm not seeing it and that's their only chance of making the big tournament.

Leave a comment:

• 5thYearFreshman
    replied

After getting swept by us last year, I don't think many people were expecting them to make the Frozen Four.

Anybody know anything about Brady?
    Haven't heard anything about Brady, but I don't get much up here in St. Cloud

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    Jim Dahl's analysis seems to imply that UNO will likely make the tourney with one win this weekend.
    http://collegehockeyranked.com/wp-co...016/03/uno.png

For whatever that's worth. DU is due for an off night, they've been lights outs since the calendar turned.

r
    That post is from March 4th and is talking about last weekends games and not the upcoming playoff weekends.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X