Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    RIT was an advantageous draw in the Regional Final, but Harvard was a pretty good hockey team.
    True. Not taking anything away from you beating Harvard. Just saying EVERY team that made a Regional Final would have wanted RIT vs. who they actually faced.

And completely ok with you guys taking out Denver this weekend. They need to be cooled down a bit. Tough task the way they've been playing though.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      I appreciate the response on Brady and if anybody hears anything this week, I'd really appreciate any word/status update.
      On Mavpuck, someone said that he was a healthy scratch Saturday.
      UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
        True. Not taking anything away from you beating Harvard. Just saying EVERY team that made a Regional Final would have wanted RIT vs. who they actually faced.

And completely ok with you guys taking out Denver this weekend. They need to be cooled down a bit. Tough task the way they've been playing though.
        Yes, they would have wanted RIT. But the regional draw also included the #1 overall seed. Had Mankato not ****ed it down their leg, UNO-Mankato would have been a tougher matchup, but that is how single elimination playoffs work.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          They may have been a good hockey team, but almost all the teams in the tourney are pretty good teams, and I thought there were a lot of teams that would have been worse draws for UNO.

I appreciate the response on Brady and if anybody hears anything this week, I'd really appreciate any word/status update.
          From a bracket integrity standpoint, the bracket was perfectly matched. 1-16, 8-9. Can't help that Mankato tripped on their own johnsons.

Someone brought up on the other UNO board how much different this season and Blais' future would look had they lost to Harvard in the 1st round last year. No NCAA tourney wins, no appearances in the Frozen Faceoff, Final Five or Super Six in 7 seasons. The Frozen Four appearance and the new arena are all that UNO has to show for the Blais era so far. Take out the F4 and you're left with no true accomplishment over what Mike Kemp did.
          Last edited by 5thYearFreshman; 03-11-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
            On Mavpuck, someone said that he was a healthy scratch Saturday.
            Any word if he is playing this weekend?
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
              From a bracket integrity standpoint, the bracket was perfectly matched. 1-16, 8-9. Can't help that Mankato tripped on their own johnsons.

Someone brought up on the other UNO board how much different this season and Blais' future would look had they lost to Harvard in the 1st round last year. No NCAA tourney wins, no appearances in the Frozen Faceoff, Final Five or Super Six in 7 seasons. The Frozen Four appearance and the new arena are all that UNO has to show for the Blais era so far. Take out the F4 and you're left with no true accomplishment over what Mike Kemp did.
              I disagree... Even going into the tourney I said A) Mankato is not the best team in the country, no way and B)They are gonna choke in the tourney (and Biddco owes me drinks for that too )
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Any word if he is playing this weekend?
                There isn't any reason in the media why he wouldn't play, unless of course Blaiser decides to Blais ... Again.

Comment

He's playing tonight. Doesn't matter. Denver is good. We are terrible.
                  If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

I have missed you guys SO much...

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                      I have missed you guys SO much...
                      Looking for easy wins? Schedule a nonconference with us next spring...we're pretty unbeatable in the second half.
                      If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Working...
                      X