Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

I honestly like where we are going this season. Haven't got a lot of puck luck lately, bounces just haven't gone our way. Feeling really confident heading into next week's opening playoff round. We just need to sweep Denver, win at Minneapolis and we are in the NCAAs. Pretty simple formula. We got this.
    If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      If you used your twitter account you could figure this out pretty easily.
      I even lowered myself to try that, and must have checked the wrong one cuz I found nada
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

At UNO, Dean Blais's March record is 10-24-1 (.294). UNO hasn't advanced to the 2nd round of the conference playoffs since their CCHA days. Why should I think that the season isn't over next week?

Denver will sweep UNO next weekend 3-1 Friday, 6-2 Saturday
        UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Why was Brady out Saturday and will he be back in the lineup this weekend?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
            At UNO, Dean Blais's March record is 10-24-1 (.294). UNO hasn't advanced to the 2nd round of the conference playoffs since their CCHA days. Why should I think that the season isn't over next week?

Denver will sweep UNO next weekend 3-1 Friday, 6-2 Saturday
            Not sure how I can argue with this. You guys are in a bad way right now. Finishing strong doesn't appear to be in the DNA. But you never know, anything can happen in the playoffs. But get the golf clubs ready.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
              Not sure how I can argue with this. You guys are in a bad way right now. Finishing strong doesn't appear to be in the DNA. But you never know, anything can happen in the playoffs. But get the golf clubs ready.
              After getting swept by us last year, I don't think many people were expecting them to make the Frozen Four.

Anybody know anything about Brady?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                After getting swept by us last year, I don't think many people were expecting them to make the Frozen Four.

Pretty advantageous road last year, don't you think? Do you see them getting past Denver at this point? I'm not seeing it and that's their only chance of making the big tournament.

Comment

Pretty advantageous road last year, don't you think? Do you see them getting past Denver at this point? I'm not seeing it and that's their only chance of making the big tournament.
                  For sure, and I've said that quite a bit. Just saying that a lot of things don't seem in the sports DNA until they happen. Who had the Lakers beating Golden State the other night?

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                    Jim Dahl's analysis seems to imply that UNO will likely make the tourney with one win this weekend.
                    http://collegehockeyranked.com/wp-co...016/03/uno.png

For whatever that's worth. DU is due for an off night, they've been lights outs since the calendar turned.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                      Jim Dahl's analysis seems to imply that UNO will likely make the tourney with one win this weekend.

For whatever that's worth. DU is due for an off night, they've been lights outs since the calendar turned.

r
                      What is that... to finish how high in the PWR? It can't be to get in the field, bc the only teams that are 100% guaranteed to make the tourney as at larges are in the top ten in the PWR just in case Cinderellas win all the tourneys.

Comment

r
                        That post is from March 4th and is talking about last weekends games and not the upcoming playoff weekends.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

Haven't heard anything about Brady, but I don't get much up here in St. Cloud

Comment

RIT was an advantageous draw in the Regional Final, but Harvard was a pretty good hockey team.

Comment

r
                              I think UNO has to be 500 or better in the next 2 weekends. That includes sweeping Denver or winning one in Minneapolis if the DU series goes to 3

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                                RIT was an advantageous draw in the Regional Final, but Harvard was a pretty good hockey team.
                                They may have been a good hockey team, but almost all the teams in the tourney are pretty good teams, and I thought there were a lot of teams that would have been worse draws for UNO.

I appreciate the response on Brady and if anybody hears anything this week, I'd really appreciate any word/status update.

Comment

Working...
                                X