Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNO 2015-16 Season Thread: Frozen Four, New Barn, What Next?

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
    Don't you mean Belfour?

Thompson will probably not play for UNO after this season. ONce Weninger is back Kirk will likely be the doorman. I'm totally disgusted with UNO's performance at home since the holiday break. It was embarrassing to watch.
    Brodeur, Belfour, Roy, Hasek, Fuhr, doesn't matter. Unless you meant Dayn. I think he transferred to some D-3 school or something. Either way, the team was leaving Miami highlight reel looks all night and looked like they were skating through mud in their own zone.

And it looks like their road performance isn't that great either... Remember when this team was #1?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Curious what anyone who watched the game tonight thought
      UNO dominated possession but didn't really generate many quality scoring opportunities, lots of shots from the outside without anyone obstructing CCs goalie, and the rebounds were all quickly cleared. CC really made the most of their opportunities on offense and played pretty solid defense. CC has grown a ton from the start of this season, they are nothing like what they were in October.

Comment

Originally posted by AkSarBen View Post
        Brodeur, Belfour, Roy, Hasek, Fuhr, doesn't matter. Unless you meant Dayn. I think he transferred to some D-3 school or something. Either way, the team was leaving Miami highlight reel looks all night and looked like they were skating through mud in their own zone.

And it looks like their road performance isn't that great either... Remember when this team was #1?
        A ranking that was unearned even at the time. I said a year ago and 2 years ago, dean needs to retire. You can't come back from the winter break and try to get an ncaa berth by coasting.
        UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

• Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
          A ranking that was unearned even at the time. I said a year ago and 2 years ago, dean needs to retire. You can't come back from the winter break and try to get an ncaa berth by coasting.
          From what I have heard, you might be close to getting your wish
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            From what I have heard, you might be close to getting your wish
            We've lost 6 of our last 8. That's not a team that deserves a frozen 4 trip.
            Last edited by MAVFANJEFF; 02-01-2016, 09:49 PM.
            UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              UNO dominated possession but didn't really generate many quality scoring opportunities, lots of shots from the outside without anyone obstructing CCs goalie, and the rebounds were all quickly cleared. CC really made the most of their opportunities on offense and played pretty solid defense. CC has grown a ton from the start of this season, they are nothing like what they were in October.
              UNO has games like that sometimes. The team's just so finesse-oriented that you sometimes see high-SOG, low-opportunity games with them. It's kind of a feast-or-famine playing style.

The win Saturday night was really, really needed, especially that it came in such a strong fashion. Hopefully it helps this team get some of their confidence back. They've probably played their way out of a tournament berth, and we all know how UNO handles conference postseason play, but at least finishing the regular season strong would help the Mavs have a little positive momentum going into next year.

Regarding Blais, people have been grumbling about him retiring from the moment he signed on as coach. I'll honestly believe it when I see it. And really, some of these problems, like the poor postseason play and January slumps go all the way back to when Kemp was coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                UNO will be the team to miss the tourney.
                Prophetic
                UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by AkSarBen View Post
                  UNO has games like that sometimes. The team's just so finesse-oriented that you sometimes see high-SOG, low-opportunity games with them. It's kind of a feast-or-famine playing style.
                  This is why the SOG stats early in the season meant squat. You can shoot 100 times a game, but if they are crummy opportunities, then it is meaningless. If you have 10 shots and 8 are grade A's, then you're in better position to win.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                    Prophetic
                    Omaha is a long way away from having played itself out of the tourney. 8 games left in the regular season and at least 2 more in the playoffs. They win 6 of those games they're in, I'd bet.

They beat WMU two games, then split the 3 remaining regular season series and they can lock it down.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Omaha is a long way away from having played itself out of the tourney. 8 games left in the regular season and at least 2 more in the playoffs. They win 6 of those games they're in, I'd bet.

They beat WMU two games, then split the 3 remaining regular season series and they can lock it down.
                      I wouldn't say they're a long way away. Even if it's at home, the series against SCSU and UND loom large, and the team got destroyed in K-Zoo when they played WMU for the first series. Even if 6 out of the final 8 are at home, six wins in the last eight is a really tall task, especially when you look at how they've stumbled around in league play.

I really hope your prediction comes true, though. If this team makes the NCAAs, I think the talent's there for them to make some noise. They just have to put it together.

Comment

Forward Zach Jordan (Des Moines Buccaneers-USHL) committed to UNO. Don't have time now but if you're interested I can give you a scouting report on him at a later time.
                        Last edited by SCSU Euro; 02-05-2016, 04:15 PM.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Story on Jordan's commitment from his junior team's website including why he wanted to play for UNO. I think him being an Omaha Lancer for parts of two seasons really helped you guys land him.

http://www.bucshockey.com/news_artic...rrer_id=602058

Comment

Without Red Cows around, this thread has gone as irrelevant as UNO's 2nd half

Comment

Lord help us if we get hot again.

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
                                Without Red Cows around, this thread has gone as irrelevant as UNO's 2nd half
                                Did he jump off a bridge?
                                "My greatest achievement."
                                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Working...
                                X