Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brice Alaska Goal Rush 10/16-17 (UA, UAA, RPI, AIC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
    Looks to my admittedly uneducated eyes, that RPI is the prohibitive favorite for this gig.
    Was that before or after you called Arizona State a crap team?

BTW ... what team is it that you follow? And since it's not one of the teams in this tournament perhaps you can **** and gtfo in whatever order works best for you.

Comment

Re: Brice Alaska Goal Rush 10/16-17 (UA, UAA, RPI, AIC)

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Jenny was all excited as she thought this was the Gold rush instead of the goal rush. Her favorite players are Cartier, Bvlgari and Tiffany. Now that is one heck of a line!
      DrD,

This Sabres' article about Kasdorf's performance yesterday calls it "Gold Rush" http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...pid=sm-tw-news.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think we will see a goalie change for the Nanooks this weekend. Wonder if Jenks will be given a chance to start for at least the Friday game. Also hope Koberstein & Mullally will be back in the line-up for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          DrD,

This Sabres' article about Kasdorf's performance yesterday calls it "Gold Rush" http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...pid=sm-tw-news.
          Thanks Ralph. Jenny of course loves to read anything about precious metals. My father, by far the wisest non college educated person i ever knew, always advised me to marry a rich girl who can cook (saying you can get anything else somewhere else). I got the cook but then later on married her for my money. Personally, I think that was Kasdorf's finest 60 minutes I have seen. He was just incredible and came darn close to shutting them out. But he did have the benefit of our boys blocking 40+ shots and he also had a lot of luck, which every goalie needs at times.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
            I think we will see a goalie change for the Nanooks this weekend. Wonder if Jenks will be given a chance to start for at least the Friday game. Also hope Koberstein & Mullally will be back in the line-up for the weekend.
            Maybe, if only to get a look at the other guys in a non-exhibition setting, but it won't be because Jones played poorly this weekend. St. Cloud would have been a lot worse if not for him...on their second goal, Jones had the puck covered but didn't get a whistle so the St. Cloud guys started going to town on him and the puck wound up in the net.

Frankly, with the myriad of defensive issues and mental mistakes on display the first two games (like a blue line turnover with 34 seconds left against ASU) the last thing I think this team needs is a goalie controversy.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              Maybe, if only to get a look at the other guys in a non-exhibition setting, but it won't be because Jones played poorly this weekend. St. Cloud would have been a lot worse if not for him...on their second goal, Jones had the puck covered but didn't get a whistle so the St. Cloud guys started going to town on him and the puck wound up in the net.

Frankly, with the myriad of defensive issues and mental mistakes on display the first two games (like a blue line turnover with 34 seconds left against ASU) the last thing I think this team needs is a goalie controversy.
              I agree but Dallas shakes things up when we are in a slump so that's the only reason I think there will be a change in net. I prefer Jones in net and he played solid and there was no lack of effort on his part. I hope they are able to communicate on the ice more effectively this weekend. Keep the puck in the zone and generating more offense is important now too. Shots on goal were pretty unimpressive against St. Cloud and finding ways to reach the net against ASU was difficult even with the 37 SOG due to the number of blocked shots I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                I agree but Dallas shakes things up when we are in a slump so that's the only reason I think there will be a change in net. I prefer Jones in net and he played solid and there was no lack of effort on his part. I hope they are able to communicate on the ice more effectively this weekend. Keep the puck in the zone and generating more offense is important now too. Shots on goal were pretty unimpressive against St. Cloud and finding ways to reach the net against ASU was difficult even with the 37 SOG due to the number of blocked shots I saw.
                ASU was not as fast as us but used it to their advantage by clogging up the middle. That's most evident in the 2nd period where they outshot us, I believe, 14-7 and scored their first goal. Where we really lost that game (aside from the blue line turnover) was on the major PP with extended 5-3 time. ASU was able to hold (with a little luck when we pinged the post on one shot) and the momentum turned in their favor.

We were halfway decent in the 2nd and 3rd against St. Cloud but not good enough to overcome that disastrous first period.

Need to get back to playing sound fundamental hockey and get a win Friday against AIC.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Or to sometimes leave our legs in a previous time zone when we fly west.
                  That's why UAA only travels east......love those afternoon games.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Any RPI fans headed up to Alaska? Is the Pep band heading up. Would love for them to play for AIC to help us out =]

I thought we looked better vs New Hampshire than i thought we would. After the blowout last season in Air Force to end the playoffs, I was quite apprehensive about this season. We are still AIC, but I feel we can compete, at the very worst, with the AHA. Hopefully the highlight on the weekend won't be visiting the diner that got moved up to North Pole in 2007. I'm flying into Anchorage because I have a cousin stationed there.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                      Any RPI fans headed up to Alaska? Is the Pep band heading up. Would love for them to play for AIC to help us out =]

I thought we looked better vs New Hampshire than i thought we would. After the blowout last season in Air Force to end the playoffs, I was quite apprehensive about this season. We are still AIC, but I feel we can compete, at the very worst, with the AHA. Hopefully the highlight on the weekend won't be visiting the diner that got moved up to North Pole in 2007. I'm flying into Anchorage because I have a cousin stationed there.
                      Welcome! Glad you can make the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post

If FlagDUDETTE and I didn't already make a cross country trip, we'd consider it. Going to stick to radio this time.

Comment

Jenny was all excited as she thought this was the Gold rush instead of the goal rush. Her favorite players are Cartier, Bvlgari and Tiffany. Now that is one heck of a line!
                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          DrD,

.....the welcome sign for RPI also says “Gold Rush”......http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...015151431.aspx
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            .....the welcome sign for RPI also says “Gold Rush”......http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...015151431.aspx
                            They did spell "Rensselaer" correctly.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Since we are playing the Alaska, I'm very tempted to use ponies instead of frownies.
                                Pink Pony would be a nice touch
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X