NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU Wildcats 2015-2016 Season Thread

I've thought long and hard about what I want to put here... We're looking at the 2nd worst 4-year stretch in this program's history... This is happening in a time where NMU is in the weakest conference they've ever been in... There should be results but they just aren't there... It's getting very difficult to find the motivation to tune in on Friday/Saturday nights and actually care what happens... All levels of the program (performance and administrative) seem to be failing...

I've bled Green and Gold for the last 12 years, but unless something good happens in the next few weeks, I really think I might not give a s*** in the future... I'm still trying to convince myself that this is not the case, but I'm having a difficult time looking in another direction
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

You know I've seen NMU three times this year and you played quite well this last weekend. I thought overall you outplayed Tech for long periods and really had some bad luck not scoring more. In the Michigan game you were definitely in it and played them pretty much even.
      so there's that.....

Good luck against Ferris.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Alright. The results still suck, but... This is a team that went 8-4-0 from January 1st until the LSSU weekend, earning two weekend sweeps in the process.

Then the slide started at LSSU.

This team knows how to win. We've seen it. They've seen it. They can get the job done. Now is the time where they have to get back on that 8-4-0 run. They're playing for the Broadmoor. They're playing for pride of campus. And the seniors are playing for a potential paycheck next year in the sport they've loved so far. And wouldn't it be nice to face Tech and/or Bowling Green in Grand Rapids, beat them, and make them just miss the PWR cutoff?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The NMU Hockey team's offense completely disappeared this past weekend in the (4-0 & 5-1) sweep losses to MTU only scoring (1) goal all weekend.... You won't win too many games with that kind of offensive output so unless NMU gets their sticks & heads out of their asses the same thing could happen again this weekend vs Ferris State and it will then be a long season-ending bus ride back to Marquette.... I'm not too optimistic about the series with FSU this weekend after last weekend's debacle....

Comment

I attended Northern from 84-88. Things were pretty lean back in those days, and I remember coming back to campus after graduation to see my first home playoff series, I think was 1989. That said, I think as a Northern Fan and alumnus I am okay with the fact that we are not always going to put a championship team out there, but every so often we should be able to contend. Every year it seems to be the same thing: some hope is offered but disappointment prevails. I don’t know. I don’t want to bash Walt or anything, but you have to start asking the question. The team looked pretty good against Michigan (that I saw on TV), but that’s a pretty big egg to lay with Tech.
            Just saying…
            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

The Hanson-Shine-Nowick line is clearly the key. When they're on their game, they could very well be the best line in the WCHA.

I thought NMU actually played well in a lot of stretches against Tech, but got zero bounces to help. Combine that with missing Nowick for the majority of Friday night's game and the line juggling thanks to a rash of penalties, and no one was able to really get going to help. Players like Payne, Siemer and Sooth really need to step up as a secondary scoring threat against Ferris to take some of the pressure off the top line. And if the penalty parade continues (which you'd expect from both teams for a game in Big Rapids) that's going to make it very difficult especially if the PK is as putrid as it was on Saturday.

Dahlstrom/Tolvanen >> Smith

Now can NMU build from the net out and win the battles in the dirty areas? FSU plays a totally different game in their own building with all the home-run passes up the middle and the chips off the high glass, it's up to the coaching staff to point out how well NMU dealt with that in their win at Ewigleben a month or so ago.

Comment

The end is near for the 2015-16 NMU Hockey team after last nite's (3-2) loss to Ferris State in the first round of the WCHA Playoffs.... Unless a miracle happens and they win on Saturday & Sunday it will be time to hang up the skates and end another losing season at NMU making it 4 losing seasons in a row and 5 out of the last 6.... The days of NMU being a Pairwise Top 20 ranked team and making the NCAA Tournament seem to be out of reach these days!!!!!!!!!!!!

NMU Hockey Last 6 Seasons
                2015-16 (15-15-7)
                2014-15 (14-18-6)
                2013-14 (15-21-2)
                2012-13 (15-19-4)
                2011-12 (17-14-6)
                2010-11 (15-19-5)

Comment

Interesting lineup changes for tonight. Dahlstrom was the starter last night, is the 3rd goalie tonight.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Welp. Feel bad for the Cats. Gonna be a quiet bus ride back to MQT. Hopefully next season is better...
                    Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                      Hopefully next season is better...
                      Been saying that for a long time now
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Another early exit for the NMU Men's Hockey team getting swept at Ferris State (3-2 & 5-2) in the WCHA Playoffs this weekend ending their season at (15-16-7).... Will they ever get back to the NCAA's again???? At least the NMU Women's Club Hockey team provided some excitement for NMU Hockey fans this year as they made it to the 2015-16 ACHA National Semifinals where they lost (3-2) in OT on Saturday.... The NMU Women's Club Hockey team ended the year with a (25-8-0) record.... Some NMU hockey fans are wondering if the NMU Women's Club team will make the jump up to NCAA D1 in the near future after being successful at the Club level.... The Penn State Men's Club Hockey program made the jump up and have had success playing NCAA D1 Hockey going (20-12-4) this year....

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                          Another early exit for the NMU Men's Hockey team getting swept at Ferris State (3-2 & 5-2) in the WCHA Playoffs this weekend ending their season at (15-16-7).... Will they ever get back to the NCAA's again???? At least the NMU Women's Club Hockey team provided some excitement for NMU Hockey fans this year as they made it to the 2015-16 ACHA National Semifinals where they lost (3-2) in OT on Saturday.... The NMU Women's Club Hockey team ended the year with a (25-8-0) record.... Some NMU hockey fans are wondering if the NMU Women's Club team will make the jump up to NCAA D1 in the near future after being successful at the Club level.... The Penn State Men's Club Hockey program made the jump up and have had success playing NCAA D1 Hockey going (20-12-4) this year....
                          They will never make the jump. The skill at their club level is not near what's needed at the D1 level. Union would dominate them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                            Where does the funding come from to move women's hockey from D2 Club to D1 NCAA? The NMU women club team has one NCAA D1 caliber player on their roster. Second, Penn State's club team doc not jump to NCAA D-1. That club program is still there. There were only a couple players who had played for the Varsity team when it played its first Big Ten game. The club program was used as a place for Gadowsky's incoming recruit to skate wile they built the foundation of a varsity program.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 03-13-2016, 03:34 PM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Where does the funding come from to move women's hockey from D2 Club to D1 NCAA? The NMU women club team has one NCAA D1 caliber player on their roster.
                              Correct at best

Comment

Drive-by post.

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                They will never make the jump. The skill at their club level is not near what's needed at the D1 level. Union would dominate them.
                                This.

Here at Adrian College, our D-1 women's Club team lost in the national semis, and they were top-3 most of the season. They wouldn't lay a glove on our D-3 varsity team. Their talent level is on par with a mid-to-low end D-3 varsity team. NMU's D-2 club team, frankly, would get embarrassed on the D-1 varsity level. The depth past the 1st or 2nd line simply isn't there to compete.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X