This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

The other thread was a summer/offseason thread. And since it's no longer summer (have you been outside today?) nor is it the offseason any more, it's time for a new thread. Hooray! Hockey is back!!

Anyone making the trek out to Union tomorrow? I will be. I believe mookie is also going, as is Tater. And BU2K. Not sure what to expect. Looking forward to adding another rink to my "Rinks I've Gone To" list.

Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Anyone making the trek out to Union tomorrow?
    Not me. I will going to the women's game at WBA in the afternoon, as usual.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 10-10-2015, 11:42 AM.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Not sure if this was posted in your last thread, but ESPN's E:60 is airing a special on Travis, 20 years after his injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbIuXeeRzA

Comment

It wasn't, thanks for sharing. Did they say when that was going to air? My dvr doesn't list what the subject is. I am assuming It's the one airing on October 20th as that is the 20th anniversary. Anyone know for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          It wasn't, thanks for sharing. Did they say when that was going to air? My dvr doesn't list what the subject is. I am assuming It's the one airing on October 20th as that is the 20th anniversary. Anyone know for sure?
          On Tuesday, October 20, the 20th anniversary of Travis Roy’s life-altering spinal injury in BU’s 1995-96 home opener, Travis and his foundation will be honored at a dinner reception and program at Agganis Arena. Details/Ticket Information.

Travis’s journey over the past two decades, “filling his life with purpose, through his foundation and the hundreds of people like himself that he helps," is the subject of a new film in the ESPN series—E:60 –Travis Roy—which airs on Thursday, Oct. 14, at 8 p.m.
          The Travis Roy Foundation
          Trailer for E:60 – Travis Roy

from today's Game Day post
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

So Union tied Sacred Heart. First coaching moment of the real season....don't let that result make anyone think this will be an easy game.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              So Union tied Sacred Heart. First coaching moment of the real season....don't let that result make anyone think this will be an easy game.
              Agreed. Union held SHU to 12 shots and shut them out until an extra-attacker goal in final two minutes.
              Terriers are 2nd youngest team in D1, after BC, and McAvoy is the youngest player.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

No radio this game/year?

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
                  No radio this game/year?
                  Trying this http://portal.stretchinternet.com/bu...reamType=audio

Comment

mookie, being a glass is half full kinda guy, takes a positive note out of tonight. there is no way charlie can ever play as crappy as he did ever again.

so when's the next game
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

poor matt o'connor being matt o'connor tonight

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        poor matt o'connor being matt o'connor tonight
                        I haven't watched yet, but at the moment it is 2-0, 5 minutes into the second period. Not what I would call terrible. Perhaps it is how they were scored...

But let's give props where they are due. Did anyone really think he would be in the NHL this quickly? I know he wouldn't be if it weren't for the injury to Hammond, but if they didn't think he could handle it, he wouldn't be in there. So kudos to Matt for fulfilling a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I haven't watched yet, but at the moment it is 2-0, 5 minutes into the second period. Not what I would call terrible. Perhaps it is how they were scored...

But let's give props where they are due. Did anyone really think he would be in the NHL this quickly? I know he wouldn't be if it weren't for the injury to Hammond, but if they didn't think he could handle it, he wouldn't be in there. So kudos to Matt for fulfilling a dream.
                          go watch the video of the first goal

not something we haven't seen before

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            go watch the video of the first goal

not something we haven't seen before
                            Watching "The Season" showed all of his flubs it was disproportionate the way it was presented and painful to watch . Wisconsin UMD NoDak Prov . Watching that special which was well done except the ending was poorly written!

Comment

Watched the highlights. First one was definitely weak, though it was incredible the way the puck found the tiny space that he created pulling off the post ever so slightly. Second one on a breakaway. Third was a fluky tip that he never saw (like Colby Cohen in 2009). Overall not a bad debut in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X