X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Terriers 2015-2016 Season Thread Part the 1st

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    You never know when a guy could just start scoring in bunches. Jimmy Hayes had only 11 pts his rookie season and 12 pts at Xmas break as a sophomore. He ended up with 35 pts that year, 23 in the second semester.

Granted Greer had only 7 pts last year and 5 this year... but scaling down for a younger player, it isn't that far off the point that it can take these projects a good year and a half to get going.

edit - Brian Boyle... 8 points as a freshman, 6 points as a sophomore going into Xmas... 21 points after Xmas to finish with 27.

Who knows!?
    While this is completely plausible, the flip side of it is if he doesn't turn the corner this year there's a solid chance he gets stuck in the line up behind returning forwards - likely Greenway, Carpenter, JFK, Robbie, and Cloonan, then add on Bellows and Keller and it becomes more difficult to see Greer cracking the top six forwards if he didn't breakout in the spring semester of this year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Being reported and re-tweeted (fwiw I'm not in the news business) that Greer 'will arrive' tonight, up there, wherever up there in Quebec is
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        Being reported and re-tweeted (fwiw I'm not in the news business) that Greer 'will arrive' tonight, up there, wherever up there in Quebec is
        Probably true, but other verified Canadian reporters yesterday said he'd already signed when it appeared he hadn't. Seems journalistic integrity up there among those who cover Canadian junior hockey is a bit more in line with something like TMZ than a legitimate news outlet.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Nice time at the US Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony last night. The event had a decidedly BU tinge to it with Chris Drury being inducted and Bob Crocker winning the Lester Patrick Award.

Chris said some really touching things about BU, Coach Parker and Travis Roy. It was nice to hear. Saw Coach Quinn, said to him "well, you've had a day today haven't you?"

While Greer leaving would suck and be really annoying and disappointing, especially in light of Ahti's injury, leaving during break seems the teensiest bit better than bolting mid semester.

Random question-why are the WJC players practicing at BU wearing BU practice sweaters? Don't they have their own gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            You never know when a guy could just start scoring in bunches. Jimmy Hayes had only 11 pts his rookie season and 12 pts at Xmas break as a sophomore. He ended up with 35 pts that year, 23 in the second semester.

Granted Greer had only 7 pts last year and 5 this year... but scaling down for a younger player, it isn't that far off the point that it can take these projects a good year and a half to get going.

edit - Brian Boyle... 8 points as a freshman, 6 points as a sophomore going into Xmas... 21 points after Xmas to finish with 27.

Who knows!?
            Exactly. There's a pretty consistent development curve for these bigger, highly-touted forwards who come in to college at age 17/18. Boyle, Hayes bros., Zach Hyman, Vesey are recent examples.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              Probably true, but other verified Canadian reporters yesterday said he'd already signed when it appeared he hadn't. Seems journalistic integrity up there among those who cover Canadian junior hockey is a bit more in line with something like TMZ than a legitimate news outlet.
              Do they have the Daily Free Press up there in Canada?
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                While this is completely plausible, the flip side of it is if he doesn't turn the corner this year there's a solid chance he gets stuck in the line up behind returning forwards - likely Greenway, Carpenter, JFK, Robbie, and Cloonan, then add on Bellows and Keller and it becomes more difficult to see Greer cracking the top six forwards if he didn't breakout in the spring semester of this year.
                At the end of the day..... If one SCORES they'd be cracking that top 6.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  At the end of the day..... If one SCORES they'd be cracking that top 6.
                  Well yeah, that's the thrust of my argument.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    hmm sounds like he's #notagrinder as well

roberto lack of info is certainly weird, i'd wager it was something serious

that's too bad about ahti, turned into a better player than i thought he would. granted, nick & carmine could probably pump in 20 goals each playing with eichel (yes USCHO police, I know he didn't play the entire year on his line)

Comment

Yeah, Greer sucks because he is talking about the potential options of leaving BU. Get real. The aspiration of 90% of D1 hockey players is to play some sort of pro hockey. The reality is even if he never scored another point for the terriers, he is still bigger, stronger, better and a far greater pro prospect than those they may have more points or are perceived as higher on the depth chart. The bottom line is (as much as i respect the NCAA game) is he wants to be a pro and statistically the CHL is still a better place for many to accomplish that goal.

Comment

Ahti didn't play on his line the entire year.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnieb View Post
                          The bottom line is (as much as i respect the NCAA game) is he wants to be a pro and statistically the CHL is still a better place for many to accomplish that goal.
                          OK, and I don't necessarily disagree even though the statistics are probably skewed towards the CHL ... if he knew this, then why commit to and go to BU for a year plus?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Any validity to rumors about bringing in a recruit mid-season?

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              roberto lack of info is certainly weird, i'd wager it was something serious
                              Mookie, you're slacking...
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

I agree with whoever said that he is likely gone, given the denial comments - if they're having discussions, that means he wants to leave. Is it possible that the Ahti injury could make them rethink? Perhaps.

Another name other than Coyle to remember is Wesley Myron. I bet he wishes he stuck it out, at least he could have a degree. But he was a lower level pick.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X