Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Penn State Hockey 2015-2016

Originally posted by nappyvalley View Post
    We appear to be! 6-1 in the waning minutes. Exciting way to open up conference play. Course it'd be nice if I could see the thing. @ecem I have the audio stream on but yeah for some reason these games weren't on the normal video streams. My dad's up there and I'm getting reports back from him. Quite a longer trip for me, though
    Get the B1G TEN HOCKEY CONFERENCE some respect! Good luck throughout the year (except when you play Michigan, but for some odd reason we struggle with you).
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      Get the B1G TEN HOCKEY CONFERENCE some respect! Good luck throughout the year (except when you play Michigan, but for some odd reason we struggle with you).
      Thanks buddy, same to you guys. Something tells me we're gonna have 4 (or 5) very entertaining tilts later this season.

Comment

Up to #16 in the USCHO poll

12th in the Pairwise.

Comment

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesp.../?media=508963

link to tonights game against princeton. psu is up 2-0 after 1.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            Get the B1G TEN HOCKEY CONFERENCE some respect!
            Give me a break. Who, exactly, has PSU played so far? Princeton stinks, too.
            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2015...eyton-gadowsky

PSU announced the 2016/2017 recruiting class. hopefully next years class settles and produces as well and as quickly as this years class does.

Comment

psu up 2-0 on wiscy right now on espnu. psu has been dominating in wisconsins end this period. wiscy on PP late in 1st now though.

Comment

these gray alternates are really nice jerseys.

Comment

wiscy scores shorthanded to make it 2-1. some really dumb plays by psu players sliding on the ice and taking themselves out of the play when they were in fine position when on their feet.

Comment

psu sweeps wisconsin this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ecemleafs View Post
                        these gray alternates are really nice jerseys.
                        I saw those today and thought they looked really sharp. PSU should wear those on a semi regular basis.
                        University of North Dakota
                        NCAA National Champions:
                        1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000...

WCHA Champions:
                        1958, 1963, 1965, 1967, 1979, 1980, 1982,
                        1987, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2009, 2011

Women's National Champions: 201?

Comment

wiscy scores shorthanded to make it 2-1. some really dumb plays by psu players sliding on the ice and taking themselves out of the play when they were in fine position when on their feet.
                          Watching these last 2 weekends, they've been making a lot of dumb moves and passes on the blue line leading to shorthanded chances the other way. Really gotta get that cleaned up. Happy to get the sweep though

Comment

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...011916aac.html

Williamson Announces Decision to End Hockey Career
                            Junior defenseman Mike Williamson will no longer play hockey due to chronic injuries

Jan. 19, 2016

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- It was announced Tuesday afternoon by Penn State men's hockey head coach Guy Gadowsky that junior defenseman Mike Williamson (Leduc, Alberta) has decided to end his hockey playing career due to chronic injuries.

"Unfortunately and sadly, Mike Williamson informed us that, due to his health, he will not play hockey anymore." Gadowsky said at Tuesday's press conference. "He's been struggling with injuries for over a year now and the episodes get worse and worse. After talking with his family and the physicians he's come up with this decision.

"It's unfortunate because the guys on the team love him. He's an extremely popular player in the locker room. I think the whole team is really sad to hear this news. He will remain a part of us doing whatever he can. He's hungry to do that. He loves Penn State and is staying here to get his degree and help the program."

Williamson, who is majoring in kineseology, appeared in six games this season and 49 for his three-year career at Penn State. A 2013 NHL Entry Draft Pick by the Vancouver Canucks (6th round, 175th overall), the 6-4 209-pound Albertan was known for his powerful shot and big frame.

Williamson made 27 appearances as a freshman in 2013-14, tallying six points on two goals and four assists, while posting a minus-4 rating. Williamson also blocked 57 shots. In his sophomore season, Williamson had two points on a goal and an assist in 16 appearances with a minus-1 rating. This season, Williamson had one assist and a minus-2 rating.

Although the 2014-15 Academic All-Big Ten honoree is unable to play hockey at Penn State, Williamson will remain enrolled through the duration of his degree-earning curriculum with the help of the Penn State program.

The Nittany Lions, who continue to be ranked in both national polls at No. 14, return to action on Friday and Saturday for road games at Ohio State. Both games are set for 7 p.m. puck drops with BTN Plus ($) covering the live streaming. Both games will carry a radio broadcast on the Penn State Sports Network with live audio streaming through GoPSUnow and the Penn State Sports App.

Comment

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B..._MSG&brand=msg

maybe im just dumb and cant figure something easy out....but how do u buy tickets for this event? doesnt let me search by section at all and see whats available. the site just wants to give me tickets in the corner...

Comment

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3B..._MSG&brand=msg

maybe im just dumb and cant figure something easy out....but how do u buy tickets for this event? doesnt let me search by section at all and see whats available. the site just wants to give me tickets in the corner...
                                It's not just you, they aren't allowing seat selection like most games where you can see what's available. I've tried several times and it does the same thing to me. You might try calling to see if there is anything available.

Comment

Working...
                                X