X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RL3AO
    replied
    Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Huskies do what they were supposed to do this weekend. Time to replicate it against CC.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
    I'm pretty optimistic, Motzko's teams have generally gotten stronger as season's progress, unlike his predecessor. Attendance continues to disappoint. Last year's Saturday UMD game is the only game at the NHC I've been able to attend in recent seasons, but from that experience, and watching highlights, it seems like attendance is being relatively accurately reported, therefore the drop would be less precipitous than the numbers would indicate. Are they using tickets scanned, instead of tickets sold?
    One big drop I do notice, though, is there was a few seasons where every North Dakota and Minnesota game sold 7,051 tickets and it sure seemed like every one of those people were actually there. Now they can't even sell 5,500.
    Two things about the ticket sales that weren't mentioned prior:

First, with the updates to the NHC, there are fewer seats available for sale. I forget the exact difference, but they did reduce the quantity of seats.
    Second, someone seems to have made the decision to not over-sell the SRO tickets anymore. When the arena packed in 7,000 or more people, you had fans standing two rows deep at the top of sections. It made for a bad view of the game and with increased ticket prices, people are going to demand better accommodations.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
    I'm pretty optimistic, Motzko's teams have generally gotten stronger as season's progress, unlike his predecessor. Attendance continues to disappoint. Last year's Saturday UMD game is the only game at the NHC I've been able to attend in recent seasons, but from that experience, and watching highlights, it seems like attendance is being relatively accurately reported, therefore the drop would be less precipitous than the numbers would indicate. Are they using tickets scanned, instead of tickets sold?
    One big drop I do notice, though, is there was a few seasons where every North Dakota and Minnesota game sold 7,051 tickets and it sure seemed like every one of those people were actually there. Now they can't even sell 5,500.
    Tickets are expensive and travel plus food/lodging prices people out.
    Especially when there is a high quality broadcast in HD for every home game, so...why drive it?

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

We currently sit 4th in Pairwise but 2nd in KRACH. Screwed again!

Leave a comment:

• HumRsky
    replied
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    So... We're kinda good. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

We're ok. I don't like the flat feet in the first 5-7 minutes of the game. Slacking (not really the right word, but too lazy to use a thesaurus) in the second and allowing the opponent to score.

This is a really good team. They have potential.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

So... We're kinda good. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

Too expensive.

I didn't check and couldn't get updates, but how did we do against the cones?
    Last edited by Lady wore Black; 11-08-2015, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

One of you should bid and get this awesome jersey.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Geno seems less awkward.
    I missed Geno on the broadcast? Argh! I used to talk to him a little back on campus. The guy was flat out funny without even putting in the slightest bit of effort. I can only imagine how his commentary went. I'll have to see if I can get a replay from NCHC.tv.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    With Geno assisting on the color commentary this weekend, the question becomes which Parrish is better on TV? Geno or Mark.

Discuss.
    Geno seems less awkward.

Leave a comment:

• Lady wore Black
    replied

With Geno assisting on the color commentary this weekend, the question becomes which Parrish is better on TV? Geno or Mark.

Discuss.

Leave a comment:

• Husckey Domi Nation
    replied

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
    And now we're back to the lock down defense (14 shots allowed?) and Lindgrens 4th shutout.
    Tonight's game against Miami can be described as . . .

HUSCKEY DOMI NATION!!!

Leave a comment:

• RL3AO
    replied

And now we're back to the lock down defense (14 shots allowed?) and Lindgrens 4th shutout.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    Looks like Quinnipiac figured out that if you punch SCSU in the face, they fold
    Too simplistic to say that.
    Wasn't a great weekend but they'll learn from it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X