SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Good season guys. Like Motzko said post game, this tournament can really tear your heart out.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Wait... that was you?

LOL

That's SO Jan.

Profound apologies to LWB.
      Ok then...
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Considering at least one 4 seed has won a game 11 straight years, its not an upset anymore when it happens to any of them.
        4 seed 1 seed doesn't mean much, you are correct.

But 2 seed 15 seed is a little different. We would know, we were told as much over and over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Piling on after a 2 seed loses to a 15 is deserved.
          Isn't that what happened here? Ferris finished 27 in PWR and got in on autobid. Ferris had to be 15 or 16.

Comment

SCSU fans: blah blah arseholes blah blah

MN fans: blah blah dooshnozzles

SCSU fans: Hey! Win with class!

Um, d'okay.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              Good season guys. Like Motzko said post game, this tournament can really tear your heart out.
              Gopher fans know this all too well.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

A lot of parellels to 2001. I believe we finished 2nd in the conference that season too, conference tournament champion, final record 31-9-1. 0-1 in the NCAA tournament. Very disappointing. I must say, I felt like we'd win today, but I had a really bad feeling about the quarters no matter who we played.
                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Isn't that what happened here? Ferris finished 27 in PWR and got in on autobid. Ferris had to be 15 or 16.
                  Right. I am saying if a team chokes like that, they deserve to be clowned on. Scsu is no exception .
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    Piling on after a 2 seed loses to a 15 is deserved.
                    I disagree. I hate that feeling and don't typically enjoy rubbing it in. I like typical rivalry banter as much as the next guy and I've tossed around the Jan label plenty, but I think I've refrained in situations like this right after. Not because I was hoping you'd win, but as a rabid fan of a team I love deeply and have for 40+ years I know how much a game like that stings. There will be time for smack talk later - now I feel your pain.

Comment

Man, St. Cloud. I was hoping you guys would win today. Not only for pick'em purposes but I was hoping UND and St. Cloud would've had another possible opportunity to play against each other since UND and St. Cloud only played twice this season. Tough way to lose especially after storming back to tie the game. Still, congrats on an excellent season and winning the NCHC conference tournament.

Comment

Upsets are always tough, but as good teams do SCSU made a valiant effort to tie the game and send it into OT. I thought SCSU had significant of O-zone time and was very tenacious all game. But Ferris did pack it in around the net and made it difficult for pucks to get through. Lindgren gave up a few rebounds that were atypical for skill level and Ferris's fourth goal was a softie. But despite the loss, great season for SCSU with lot of star power guys who played their hearts out until the end.

Comment

Originally posted by burd
                          Hah! But how about us Sioux?

Gopher fans have disgraced us, laughed at our losses,
                          mocked at our gains, scorned our state, thwarted our
                          bargains, cooled our friends, heated our
                          enemies; and what's the reason? We are Sioux. Hath
                          not a Sioux eyes? hath not a Sioux hands, organs,
                          dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with
                          the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject
                          to the same diseases, healed by the same means,
                          warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as
                          a Gopher is? If you pryk us, do we not bleed?
                          if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison
                          us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not
                          revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will
                          resemble you in that.
                          and yet the state of North Dakota is Bison territory.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            Jan, as strong as ever.
                            Hey loser, what are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be in the gopher's offseason thread circle jerking your bro's about next year's line combos and how you're going to coach your daughter's squirt team into hating you?
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              I disagree. I hate that feeling and don't typically enjoy rubbing it in. I like typical rivalry banter as much as the next guy and I've tossed around the Jan label plenty, but I think I've refrained in situations like this right after. Not because I was hoping you'd win, but as a rabid fan of a team I love deeply and have for 40+ years I know how much a game like that stings. There will be time for smack talk later - now I feel your pain.
                              This, for me.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                and yet the state of North Dakota is Bison territory.
                                You're quick, 4four4. I deleted that right away, figuring this was an SCSU thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X