SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

A gold helmet with "Husky Reject" written in maroon on it should suffice.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      With all those stipulations it doesn't seem worth it at all.
      Also, the GPL tailgate? So the person would have to go to the B1G tourney?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Also, the GPL tailgate? So the person would have to go to the B1G tourney?
        WCHA Tournament next year. Which would be better attended than the BI6.
        Last edited by Biddco; 03-21-2016, 12:09 PM.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The fact that you have to provide him with a helmet is the most shocking thing about this bet to me. Anyone who has ever met the guy realizes he should be wearing a helmet during all waking hours of the day.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
            Agreed. This team simply won every tournament it has been in this year.

We should win the Regional in our backyard.

And re top-seed teams, Q, Providence and UND had stronger teams in past recent years. This is SCSU's best team in years, if not ever.

I agree with the title to this thread. This is our year.
            I love this team but I'm still a pessimist - I won't like our chances at winning it all until we're ahead and the clock reads 00:00 of the final game. But certainly they've put themselves in a good position. Favorable first round draw, familiar arena, we're healthy, etc.

But in a one and done tournament anything can happen. Plus in 2013 we were a bubble team with little pressure. This year we're a #1 seed with lofty expectations. Hopefully they can stay loose and play their style of game this weekend. I'd love a reason to book a flight to Florida!

#InBobWeTrust
            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              WCHA Tournament next year. Which would be better attended than the BI6.
              "So are you going to go to the SCSU game on Friday?"
              "No, going to the WCHA tournament instead."
              "What? Why?"
              "Oh, some guy said that if the Huskies won the national championship last year, he would wear an embarassing helmet in the Dairy Queen parking lot by Xcel. So I'm headed over there."
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

"What? Why?"
                "Oh, some guy said that if the Huskies won the national championship last year, he would wear an embarrassing helmet in the Dairy Queen parking lot by Xcel. So I'm headed over there."
                lol, anything to get people to the Final Five I guess.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
                  I love this team but I'm still a pessimist - I won't like our chances at winning it all until we're ahead and the clock reads 00:00 of the final game. But certainly they've put themselves in a good position. Favorable first round draw, familiar arena, we're healthy, etc.

But in a one and done tournament anything can happen. Plus in 2013 we were a bubble team with little pressure. This year we're a #1 seed with lofty expectations. Hopefully they can stay loose and play their style of game this weekend. I'd love a reason to book a flight to Florida!

#InBobWeTrust
                  Of course you're pessimistic, you're a Huskies (and possibly also a Vikings) fan. Nobody is saying we're gonna win for sure. We could lose to a very good Ferris State Saturday. I am just saying that I like our chances better than anyone else's this season.

"What? Why?"
                  "Oh, some guy said that if the Huskies won the national championship last year, he would wear an embarassing helmet in the Dairy Queen parking lot by Xcel. So I'm headed over there."
                  I said I would provide the helmet, I never said I'll be in attendance. I'm sure I'll still be in Iowa that weekend; Brent can deal with being the one stuck watching the Island of Misfit Toys Tournament
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

They got it done. Great to see. Think they showed they can find a way to play against more physical teams and win. No guarantees at this point but I can say this is about as good of a regional that they could hope for from a match-up perspective. Not easy by any means but promising.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                      They got it done. Great to see. Think they showed they can find a way to play against more physical teams and win. No guarantees at this point but I can say this is about as good of a regional that they could hope for from a match-up perspective. Not easy by any means but promising.
                      I wouldn't agree with that exactly... I would have loved to have seen Denver go to someone else's regional, and BU is the top rated 3 seed. I don't really like the bracket at all, but if they're gonna win the whole thing, might as well take care of DU/BU themselves, they're both teams that they could have easily seen in the Frozen Four if they'd been put somewhere else.
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Denver and Michigan were pretty much tied in the pairwise anyways, so its not unexpected that they put Michigan in Cincy for attendance purposes. What's the scouting report on Ferris State? I watched some of them vs Mankato on Saturday and it appears they play similarly to Bemidji State - trap, grind, slow it down, low-scoring. Anyone?

Comment

The #3 seeds seem pretty equal overall. On top of that BU didn't exactly tear it up to finish the season. Denver or Michigan, pretty equal challenges for different reasons. Denver more sound defensively and Michigan more explosive offensively. Either would be a great opponent if we get past Ferris, which we should.

Watched the Mankato game. Overly physical to the point of where most crews would have called quite a few more penalties. Saw Tech fans saying the same about their game. Give SCSU 5+ PPs and this thing is a 3-1 or bigger win.

Comment

Small departure from tournament talk...Ryan Lasch was the Swedish Hockey League's leading scorer this season while playing for Frölunda HC. Andrew Gordon was #7 and Garrett Roe was #9. Both played for Linköping HC. All three are still active in the Swedish Championship Playoffs.
                            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                            UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                            Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                            Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                            UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                            UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post

#InBobWeTrust
                              Have faith brother DB, have faith. Prediction for Saturday's game: St. Cloud State 4, Ferris State 1.

Comment

Gameday. Finally. In Vegas, hoping they have our game on at the Caesar's sports book.

Comment

Working...
                                X