SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Congrats to St. Cloud on winning the NCHC conference tournament.

Comment

Hang a banner
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

They got a couple fluky goals on the weekend that played a big role in both games. Certainly played a lot better against Duluth than they did against Denver, especially late in the game. Congrats. Hang that banner! St Paul next weekend against Ferris St is the most likely scenario. The committee may swap Michigan with Denver for attendance. They've been clamoring to get both Michigan and Notre Dame in Cincy for a month now.

Comment

Huskies are officially the #2 seed overall and #1 in the St. Paul regional.

Comment

I just filled out my bracket. Unfortunately, I don't have us winning it all this year. QU just strikes me as being too good this year, very much built for playoff hockey.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

At this point, I think our changes of going to Tampa are pretty good, but winning a national championship, while still possible, would surprise me.

Comment

Playing in St Paul against Ferris St is a pretty good draw. Although it seems like a bit of a mismatch on paper, don't count your chickens until the eggs hatch. I remember very clearly what happened to Mankato last year against RIT. Hopefully the Huskies can bring a decent crowd with them to St Paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
                  At this point, I think our changes of going to Tampa are pretty good, but winning a national championship, while still possible, would surprise me.
                  Noooooope. I think St. Cloud takes the whole thing this year. Other years thought they might but push comes to shove didn't think they would. I think they do this year
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    Noooooope. I think St. Cloud takes the whole thing this year. Other years thought they might but push comes to shove didn't think they would. I think they do this year
                    Agreed. This team simply won every tournament it has been in this year.

We should win the Regional in our backyard.

And re top-seed teams, Q, Providence and UND had stronger teams in past recent years. This is SCSU's best team in years, if not ever.

I agree with the title to this thread. This is our year.

Comment

If there is a SCSU team that could win it all, I think its this one. However, its still hockey and single elimination. Its hard to give any single team more than a 25% chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
                        If there is a SCSU team that could win it all, I think its this one. However, its still hockey and single elimination. Its hard to give any single team more than a 25% chance.
                        Didn't say they had over a 25% chance. I just think they have the best chance, and somebody has to win it, right?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Didn't say they had over a 25% chance. I just think they have the best chance, and somebody has to win it, right?
                          I'll step up and go out on a limb: if SCSU wins it all this year, as in the national title, I will wear a helmet next year that SCSU fans have chosen at the GPL tailgate. Helmet must be provided by an SCSU fan, though: I'm crazy, not stupid. Pics would be allowed, and allowed to be shared (but no tagging pics).

Edit: If ANY team affiliation is on the helmet, it must be SCSU. Ain't gonna wear UND or WI crap.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I'll step up and go out on a limb: if SCSU wins it all this year, as in the national title, I will wear a helmet next year that SCSU fans have chosen at the GPL tailgate. Helmet must be provided by an SCSU fan, though: I'm crazy, not stupid. Pics would be allowed, and allowed to be shared (but no tagging pics).

Edit: If ANY team affiliation is on the helmet, it must be SCSU. Ain't gonna wear UND or WI crap.
                            I call dibs on providing the helmet

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              I call dibs on providing the helmet
                              As good as you guys are, the stigma is still there. Hence, the offer. And, well, as I said, I'm crazy but not stupid.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

With all those stipulations it doesn't seem worth it at all.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X