X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

I don't see how Connor wouldn't win.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I can think of a few reasons why he wouldn't.
      Especially with the entire line up for it, hard to separate them out IMO.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        I can think of a few reasons why he wouldn't.
        Especially with the entire line up for it, hard to separate them out IMO.
        Like how Duncan and Toews were going to cancel out each other's Hobey aspirations?
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Get to watch the Wild disappoint me again tonight and hopefully something better tomorrow night and the rest of the weekend.

Comment

SCSU needs to play a full 60. (*Note, sorry for the classic cliche). DU is hot and we need to be the tire spikes.
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Gameday. Finally. Ran a bunch of scenarios and it looks like one win on either day gets us a #1 seed. That should be enough motivation for them.

Nice haul for Prow and Lindgren. Player of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year and Offensive Defensman for Prow and Goaltender of the Year for Charlie. Very nice.

Prow will be missed next year. Lindgren. Charlie. Buddy. Staying in school is cool...

Comment

One more class and then I hit the road. Should arrive in the middle of the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                  Gameday. Finally. Ran a bunch of scenarios and it looks like one win on either day gets us a #1 seed.
                  In general...

• One win gets us a #1 seed.
                  • One more win than UND puts us in St. Paul.
                  • A championship plus a QU loss gets us #1 overall.
                  scsuhockey.com
                  CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

DU vs SCSU is the game of the day!

Pios have been hot in 2016. Don't expect a repeat of December.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Huskies beat the Pios 4-2! That 3rd period was a nail-biter, but it was a great game overall by both teams. Time to get some revenge on the Bulldogs tomorrow.
                      Last edited by SCSUhuskies; 03-18-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                        DU vs SCSU is the game of the day!

Pios have been hot in 2016. Don't expect a repeat of December.
                        It sort of was, except that we only won a single game this time instead of two. There may have only been one chance at a win this time but it's still a shame, really.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

St clouds defense looked like a friggin chinese fire drill in the 3rd period. I was at the game. Can someone tell me how Kossila's stick ended up flying into the stands?
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Absolutely terrible third period by the Huskies. I was there too. Overall pretty good team defense by both teams. You could tell the Huskies were just sand baggin' in the third period trying not to lose. That third goal they got was pure garbage too. I understand the concept of protecting a lead, but it was literally nothing but chip n chase (without the chase) all period. Luckily the one player that needed to play well did, Charlie Lindgren.

Comment

NCHC Champs!! In true fashion for this team, we played sloppy for the first 30 but turned around in the second half to get the win 3-1.

Based on the results of the other games, I believe we'll be playing Ferris State at the Xcel Center (along with Michigan and Boston U.) next weekend.

Comment

Congratulations to St. Cloud on winning the NCHC Tournament. SCSU might be the most complete team in the tournament. I hope North Dakota gets another crack against the Huskies at the Frozen Four. Until then...good luck, and once again, congrats on a strong showing this weekend.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X