Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Hopefully UMD loses two games and misses the tournament
    If this were a Facebook status, my name with a thumbs up would be next to it
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Looks like one win this weekend keeps us at a #1 seed. Ran the predictor with all top seeds winning except having the Huskies lose to Denver but then beating UMD in the third place game and Denver beating North Dakota in the championship game.

I'd consider this the worst case scenario that keeps them a #1. (Worst worst case has them losing both games and dropping to a #2 seed. That isn't going to happen).

Win both games and we've got no worse than the #2 overall seed locked in.

Comment

And game times confirmed. We've got the late game. I do think it is fair they let the regular season winner pick what time they want to play. Hope it backfires though...

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
          And game times confirmed. We've got the late game. I do think it is fair they let the regular season winner pick what time they want to play. Hope it backfires though...
          Crap... I can follow the early game much better than the late

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Well, now that UNO is out, I can root for the local guys. Yay team that's not Denver!
            UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

• Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
              Well, now that UNO is out, I can root for the local guys. Yay team that's not Denver!
              Welcome to the bandwagon!

Comment

Congrats to Ethan Prow for being named one of the top 10 finalists for the Hobey Baker Award!
                http://scsuhuskies.com/news/2016/3/1...ker-award.aspx

Comment

Congrats to Prow for being the lone guy west of Michigan named a finalist for the Hobey. Very deserving player.

Comment

Defensemen don't win the award, but being the lone defenseman and lone NCHC player (and only player outside of the Eastern Time Zone) will help... I think he's got a chance to make top 3

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Defensemen don't win the award, but being the lone defenseman and lone NCHC player (and only player outside of the Eastern Time Zone) will help... I think he's got a chance to make top 3
                      Jordan Leopold and Matt Carle just since 2000 (technically since 2002). While the committee generally likes the big point-getters for the award, there have been a few goalies and D-men over the years.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Jordan Leopold and Matt Carle just since 2000 (technically since 2002). While the committee generally likes the big point-getters for the award, there have been a few goalies and D-men over the years.
                        Wasn't Gilroy for BU a defenseman as well?

Comment

Obviously I don't expect him to win, but being the only defense-man may help him do well. Also, there isn't an Eichel this year so it maybe more wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by UND-RedSox fan View Post
                            Wasn't Gilroy for BU a defenseman as well?
                            I don't know. Hockey Least isn't really my bag.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Prow has a good chance to get to the final 3. I don't think he will win it unless he puts up monster numbers at the end of the season here. You can go ahead and eliminate some players on the top 10 list right away. Goalies RARELY win, so they're out. Petan is a Canadian, so he's out. Lynch plays in the worst conference in the country, so he's out. Michigan's top line will cancel each other out. That leaves Connor, Poturalski, Vesey, and Prow.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                                Prow has a good chance to get to the final 3. I don't think he will win it unless he puts up monster numbers at the end of the season here. You can go ahead and eliminate some players on the top 10 list right away. Goalies RARELY win, so they're out. Petan is a Canadian, so he's out. Lynch plays in the worst conference in the country, so he's out. Michigan's top line will cancel each other out. That leaves Connor, Poturalski, Vesey, and Prow.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X