Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Assuming UND advances, I don't see them selecting the evening game. There is literally nothing to gain by doing so, and they run the risk of losing Friday night, only to have to turn around and play Saturday afternoon.
    I don't either but a guy can hope. Although the evening game would be slightly more attended, but not that much more because I'd guess that most of the UND fans are coming from out of town.
    Last edited by Biddco; 03-08-2016, 06:08 PM.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

After the SCSU/UND game last year in the early game, my friend and I walked into Brothers Bar next door and there was about a dozen Gopher/Badger fans at the bar that gave us a standing ovation because we were wearing St Cloud apparel. Shortly afterwards, some Sioux fans walked in and the entire bar booed them. Everyone seems to unite against the Sioux.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        They may not have gotten off to a good start, but I don't know that I'd say that's what cost them. They came really close to getting out of the first up 1-0 and its hard to say but I don't know that the Butterfly Effect of a slow start is what caused St. Cloud to pump 2 goals in the last minute or not.
        Agree, they just looked sluggish to me. Not sure if you put that on the early game start or that they didn't have much to play for that weekend. Regardless, I'll take the late game as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
          Agree, they just looked sluggish to me. Not sure if you put that on the early game start or that they didn't have much to play for that weekend. Regardless, I'll take the late game as a fan.
          I go the other way; I want hardware and even playing well in a 3rd place game to bolster the PWR. Went to the games last year; nothing beat winning the early game Friday and then being apathetic in the late game. This year I'll out of the state and the earlier games will be easier to follow than the late games, so bonus if we end up early.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Were you not a student in 1998? The only games for which I have tickets stubs for games back then are Gopher games. All others would just have our student IDs scanned and walk on down to our seats. I don't know if things have changed since then. Based upon student section attendance, I'd say that the only difference now is the series for which tickets are actually issued to students changed to UND.
            Not when those games happened. I started at SCSU in fall 1998.

And if SCSU had won the conference, I'd be in the camp of playing the night game. Go with the routine.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              I go the other way; I want hardware and even playing well in a 3rd place game to bolster the PWR. Went to the games last year; nothing beat winning the early game Friday and then being apathetic in the late game. This year I'll out of the state and the earlier games will be easier to follow than the late games, so bonus if we end up early.
              Can see that. Want the hardware. Not sure if they'll need any wins past this weekend to retain a #1 seed. RPI is high enough to keep them clear of those right behind them. Either Providence or BC are going to lose in the HEA tourney and that should keep us in the top 4. Don't think Denver can pass us even if they go undefeated in the NCHC tourney. Could be wrong on that one.

Obviously would love to get the Western Regional in St. Paul, so they do have a lot to play for. Winning the NCHC tourney would definitely flip our comparison with UND and get us St. Paul.

Comment

Another argument for playing in the afternoon is to get a taste of non-evening games, since that's how many NCAA regional games are scheduled.

Comment

• Originally posted by jk View Post
                  Another argument for playing in the afternoon is to get a taste of non-evening games, since that's how many NCAA regional games are scheduled.
                  Motzko has made this argument and it's something we did experience at the North Star.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Ok, finally game day. Let's get this thing done. I think 6-2 sounds pretty good for tonight.

One game at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                      Ok, finally game day. Let's get this thing done. I think 6-2 sounds pretty good for tonight.

One game at a time.
                      That sounds good to me. I don't think they will be able to keep up the scoring pace of the first 4 games against Western, but it sure would be fun.

Comment

4 minutes until puck drop! As long as we don't get overconfident, we should be able to put them away tonight and tomorrow night.

Comment

Going into OT, the only good thing about this game so far has been Parrish's color commentary. Listening to this guy go off on a lackadaisical effort by SCSU really is fun. You can tell he sort of wants to open up on them, but is holding back to either keep the gig or not preclude him from future work.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Huskies win 4-3 in an overtime barnburner. Now I can breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Going into OT, the only good thing about this game so far has been Parrish's color commentary. Listening to this guy go off on a lackadaisical effort by SCSU really is fun. You can tell he sort of wants to open up on them, but is holding back to either keep the gig or not preclude him from future work.
                              As much as I prefer him to some of the other guys that have done color, I am not sure he is going to be doing it much longer. Between coaching Orono and the fact that he should be graduating soon, I would guess that if this season isn't his last next year will be.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
                                Huskies win 4-3 in an overtime barnburner. Now I can breathe.
                                Not a barn burner. They didn't start skating hard for consecutive shifts until about 5:00 remaining in the third. A lot of sticky feet glued in place for the first 55:00 of the game.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X