SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

I thought UND pretty much had the regular season in the bag before this weekend. Well now my opinion has changed, thanks to the Pioneers. 6 games left, and pretty much equal opponents on the schedule. The only difference is that UND gets Western Mich at home and the Huskies get CC on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
      I thought UND pretty much had the regular season in the bag before this weekend. Well now my opinion has changed, thanks to the Pioneers. 6 games left, and pretty much equal opponents on the schedule. The only difference is that UND gets Western Mich at home and the Huskies get CC on the road.
      Yeah, I didn't think we'd be able to pull ahead as I was thinking splits for each time to finish except sweeps in the final series for each (@CC for us, WMU at home for UND). Would have been 3 points short. But… here we are.

That happens, we're co-champs and get the #1 seed via the tiebreaker. There is a chance that Denver could sneak up and win the title if they run the table and above scenario goes down. It's possible as the have two with CC, two @WMU and two at home vs. UNO. I'm thinking split with UNO.

Obviously a chance someone sweeps UMD or picks up an extra point or two via a tie. Looks like UNO got some scoring back, splitsville there. Regardless, Denver just made things a bit more interesting. Thank you, Pioneers.

Most importantly, in looking at PWR, things are looking very good for the Huskies to stay in the top four and pretty good to stay at #2 by finishing the regular season 4-2 and a first round NCHC playoff win.

Comment

Agreed. It's all up in the air now.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Huskies win game one over Omaha 4-1. Not our best game, but I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
            Huskies win game one over Omaha 4-1. Not our best game, but I'll take it.
            Agreed, the game was closer than the final score would indicate.

Comment

A SCSU/UND game in Minneapolis to determine who gets the #1 seed in St. Paul would be a "fun"...

Comment

Not our greatest game, it was mainly Charlie being a brick wall that saved us. If we tighten up a little tonight and Charlie keeps doing his thing, I think we can pull off the sweep.
                Last edited by SCSUhuskies; 02-20-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
                  Not our greatest game, it was mainly Charlie being a brick wall that saved us. If we tighten up a little tomorrow and Charlie keeps doing his thing, I think we can pull off the sweep.
                  While it's a good thing that the Huskies keep finding ways to win games, it still makes me nervous that we don't consistently control the run of play.
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                  UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                  Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                  Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                  UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                  UMD Men: 2011

Comment

I wasn't able to watch the game last night, so I can only look at recaps and/or box scores. Sounds like Lindgren played well and the troops were somewhat rusty after a bye weekend. Too bad Duluth couldn't do another big favor in Grand Forks like Denver did last weekend. North Dakota did not look very impressive last night IMO. The Huskies need to control the play better tonight and put a stamp on a big weekend road sweep.

Comment

I wasn't able to watch the game last night, so I can only look at recaps and/or box scores. Sounds like Lindgren played well and the troops were somewhat rusty after a bye weekend. Too bad Duluth couldn't do another big favor in Grand Forks like Denver did last weekend. North Dakota did not look very impressive last night IMO. The Huskies need to control the play better tonight and put a stamp on a big weekend road sweep.
                      I watched the UND game last night. Closely contested the whole way. Didn't think they looked that impressive but that had a lot to do with UMD's play as well. And if I remember correctly UMD rung a pipe late in the third that would have got them the W. Sick to see them lose on a penalty shot. Oh well, hope they rebound tonight.

The boys are going to need to step it up tonight to get the sweep. Hope the rust is off and they finish the weekend strong.

Comment

Huskies lead 1-0 at the first intermission, SOG: UNO 11-10. The guys are playing well, we just need to get some more pucks in the net.

Comment

Huskies win 6-3! Once again, the game was closer than the score would suggest, but a sweep is a sweep!

Comment

UNO surely didn't give up. Much better play tonight by the Huskies overall. UND holds serve at home vs. UMD. Denver on their way to another sweep. This thing is going down to the wire.

Comment

Sounds like Duluth played very well this weekend. It's not going to be easy at the HBC.

Comment

Too many penalties.
                                Gotta clean it up.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X