SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Huskies drop Game 2 to Miami, 3-2. It's not the end of the world, but we can't afford to lose games like this come tournament time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      You heard it here first: St Cloud State will sweeeeep the University of Miami Ohio.
      Parity...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
        Huskies drop Game 2 to Miami, 3-2. It's not the end of the world, but we can't afford to lose games like this come tournament time.
        We won't be playing teams like Miami in the tourney...those teams will be way better.

Can't win them all. Personally I think UND is going to win the NCHC regular season (easier schedule). But that's not the trophy I care about.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSUhuskies View Post
          I only saw a few minutes of this game tonight, but our guys can't let other teams out skate them. They're supposed to be fast and on the puck, but Miami kept beating them to the open pucks when I was watching the game. It's like they just expected to walk into the arena and be handed the W. Play like that just can't happen anymore this season. Every win and loss works towards their placement in the NCAA tournament, so a night off could mean a tougher tournament position.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I only saw a few minutes of this game tonight, but our guys can't let other teams out skate them. They're supposed to be fast and on the puck, but Miami kept beating them to the open pucks when I was watching the game. It's like they just expected to walk into the arena and be handed the W. Play like that just can't happen anymore this season. Every win and loss works towards their placement in the NCAA tournament, so a night off could mean a tougher tournament position.
            This. Spot on.

Hopefully Denver can split with UND this weekend at home and keep the title race close. Splits for SCSU vs. UNO and UMD and a sweep of CC would likely keep them ahead of UND in PWR going into the conference tourney. Then if they meet there, a win would be needed to keep the comparison positive against them to lock down the #2 overall seed and get them a spot in St. Paul instead of Cinci.

Could be wrong on the affect on RPI of splits with UNO and UMD but don't think so. And anything but a sweep of CC would be very very bad. Nothing is a given in the NCHC but hope the Huskies can at least do what I've laid out above.

Comment

Even with a better PWR, we could still end up in Cincinnati because the NCAA will take into account better box office receipts if UND is #3 overall. Their fans travel better than ours do to St. Paul.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Even with a better PWR, we could still end up in Cincinnati because the NCAA will take into account better box office receipts if UND is #3 overall. Their fans travel better than ours do to St. Paul.
                Yeah, you're right. Wishful thinking they keep us "at home" I guess. I'd for sure make the trip to the X but less certain I'd roll down to Cinci.

Comment

I'd really like to see more consistent effort. We've been good enough to get away with it a few times this year, but it won't fly in the tournament. We've also given 3+ goals more often then I'm comfortable with lately.
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                  UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                  Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                  Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                  UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                  UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                    I'd really like to see more consistent effort. We've been good enough to get away with it a few times this year, but it won't fly in the tournament. We've also given 3+ goals more often then I'm comfortable with lately.
                    The part I don't understand is how they acknowledged they got outplayed the night before, and then came out and got beat again. I didn't watch the Saturday game, so I can't comment on how they looked, but I would think that with a bye week coming they would at least come out with a ton of energy on Saturday, especially since they didn't look like they expended much on Friday. Loss really puts us behind the 8 ball if we still want the conference title.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

On the other hand, North Dakota fans will also travel better to Cinci - and that difference is probably magnified for the Cinci trip. Given that scenario, I think the NCAA would come out ahead when adding together both venues by sending North Dakota to Cinci and St Cloud to St Paul.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                        On the other hand, North Dakota fans will also travel better to Cinci - and that difference is probably magnified for the Cinci trip. Given that scenario, I think the NCAA would come out ahead when adding together both venues by sending North Dakota to Cinci and St Cloud to St Paul.
                        SCSU fans will nit fill the X. Not even close. I would think they would rather have one good regional attendance than none between St. Paul and Cincinnati.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by LordofBrewtown View Post
                          UND played in the Midwest Regional in Cincinnati in the 2013-2014 season. Attendance was pretty bad from what I remember. College Hockey Stats lists the attendance as 5,320(UND vs. Wisconsin) and 5,721(UND vs. Ferris State). UND would get a lot more people to attend by playing in St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            SCSU fans will nit fill the X. Not even close. I would think they would rather have one good regional attendance than none between St. Paul and Cincinnati.
                            I don't think they would move a team that is a higher seed and geographically closer to St. Paul to Cincinatti. And for as long as I have been looking at the bracketology articles, I don't think they have ever moved a team that was in the top band.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              I don't think they would move a team that is a higher seed and geographically closer to St. Paul to Cincinatti. And for as long as I have been looking at the bracketology articles, I don't think they have ever moved a team that was in the top band.
                              I am not saying they will, I am just saying I fear they might. Its an unusual situation that SCSU is much closer to the X than UND but UND would get way more fans there
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

My gut feeling is they'll put the higher seed of the two in STP.

Comment

Working...
                                X