X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSUhuskies
    replied
    Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Huskies down 2-1 after one period. Very shaky period.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied

Gameday. Finally. In Vegas, hoping they have our game on at the Caesar's sports book.

Leave a comment:

• Husckey Domi Nation
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
    I love this team but I'm still a pessimist - I won't like our chances at winning it all until we're ahead and the clock reads 00:00 of the final game. But certainly they've put themselves in a good position. Favorable first round draw, familiar arena, we're healthy, etc.

But in a one and done tournament anything can happen. Plus in 2013 we were a bubble team with little pressure. This year we're a #1 seed with lofty expectations. Hopefully they can stay loose and play their style of game this weekend. I'd love a reason to book a flight to Florida!

#InBobWeTrust
    Have faith brother DB, have faith. Prediction for Saturday's game: St. Cloud State 4, Ferris State 1.

Leave a comment:

• HumRsky
    replied

Small departure from tournament talk...Ryan Lasch was the Swedish Hockey League's leading scorer this season while playing for Frölunda HC. Andrew Gordon was #7 and Garrett Roe was #9. Both played for Linköping HC. All three are still active in the Swedish Championship Playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied

The #3 seeds seem pretty equal overall. On top of that BU didn't exactly tear it up to finish the season. Denver or Michigan, pretty equal challenges for different reasons. Denver more sound defensively and Michigan more explosive offensively. Either would be a great opponent if we get past Ferris, which we should.

Watched the Mankato game. Overly physical to the point of where most crews would have called quite a few more penalties. Saw Tech fans saying the same about their game. Give SCSU 5+ PPs and this thing is a 3-1 or bigger win.

Leave a comment:

• ThePowerConference
    replied

Denver and Michigan were pretty much tied in the pairwise anyways, so its not unexpected that they put Michigan in Cincy for attendance purposes. What's the scouting report on Ferris State? I watched some of them vs Mankato on Saturday and it appears they play similarly to Bemidji State - trap, grind, slow it down, low-scoring. Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
    They got it done. Great to see. Think they showed they can find a way to play against more physical teams and win. No guarantees at this point but I can say this is about as good of a regional that they could hope for from a match-up perspective. Not easy by any means but promising.
    I wouldn't agree with that exactly... I would have loved to have seen Denver go to someone else's regional, and BU is the top rated 3 seed. I don't really like the bracket at all, but if they're gonna win the whole thing, might as well take care of DU/BU themselves, they're both teams that they could have easily seen in the Frozen Four if they'd been put somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied

They got it done. Great to see. Think they showed they can find a way to play against more physical teams and win. No guarantees at this point but I can say this is about as good of a regional that they could hope for from a match-up perspective. Not easy by any means but promising.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
    I love this team but I'm still a pessimist - I won't like our chances at winning it all until we're ahead and the clock reads 00:00 of the final game. But certainly they've put themselves in a good position. Favorable first round draw, familiar arena, we're healthy, etc.

But in a one and done tournament anything can happen. Plus in 2013 we were a bubble team with little pressure. This year we're a #1 seed with lofty expectations. Hopefully they can stay loose and play their style of game this weekend. I'd love a reason to book a flight to Florida!

#InBobWeTrust
    Of course you're pessimistic, you're a Huskies (and possibly also a Vikings) fan. Nobody is saying we're gonna win for sure. We could lose to a very good Ferris State Saturday. I am just saying that I like our chances better than anyone else's this season.

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    "So are you going to go to the SCSU game on Friday?"
    "No, going to the WCHA tournament instead."
    "What? Why?"
    "Oh, some guy said that if the Huskies won the national championship last year, he would wear an embarassing helmet in the Dairy Queen parking lot by Xcel. So I'm headed over there."
    I said I would provide the helmet, I never said I'll be in attendance. I'm sure I'll still be in Iowa that weekend; Brent can deal with being the one stuck watching the Island of Misfit Toys Tournament

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

"What? Why?"
    "Oh, some guy said that if the Huskies won the national championship last year, he would wear an embarrassing helmet in the Dairy Queen parking lot by Xcel. So I'm headed over there."
    lol, anything to get people to the Final Five I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    WCHA Tournament next year. Which would be better attended than the BI6.
    "What? Why?"
    "Oh, some guy said that if the Huskies won the national championship last year, he would wear an embarassing helmet in the Dairy Queen parking lot by Xcel. So I'm headed over there."

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Bottles
    replied

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
    Agreed. This team simply won every tournament it has been in this year.

We should win the Regional in our backyard.

And re top-seed teams, Q, Providence and UND had stronger teams in past recent years. This is SCSU's best team in years, if not ever.

I agree with the title to this thread. This is our year.

#InBobWeTrust

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

The fact that you have to provide him with a helmet is the most shocking thing about this bet to me. Anyone who has ever met the guy realizes he should be wearing a helmet during all waking hours of the day.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Also, the GPL tailgate? So the person would have to go to the B1G tourney?
    WCHA Tournament next year. Which would be better attended than the BI6.
    Last edited by Biddco; 03-21-2016, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    With all those stipulations it doesn't seem worth it at all.
    Also, the GPL tailgate? So the person would have to go to the B1G tourney?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X