SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Does anyone know if you have to get a wristband or stamp and buy it in a specific area or can you just buy beer right at a concession stand?

Comment

you get a wristband when you walk in the door. there were two stands for beer.
      Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
      Does anyone know if you have to get a wristband or stamp and buy it in a specific area or can you just buy beer right at a concession stand?

Comment

It's amazing how many people are "gluten free" until it comes to drinking a beer at a hockey game.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          It's amazing how many people are "gluten free" until it comes to drinking a beer at a hockey game.
          Darn hippies.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Speaking of depth, today's CHN article about Ethan Prow talks about the team's depth and future prospects this season. Didn't know that Prow is 9 points from the Century Point Team.

Comment

Sorry SCSU...you're going to need to sweep this weekend. You won't be getting any help from us.
              If we could extend Blais' contract, that'd be greeeaaatttt

Comment

Originally posted by gomavs#1 View Post
                Sorry SCSU...you're going to need to sweep this weekend. You won't be getting any help from us.
                There is this odd balance that I'm pulling for between SCSU and UND. I kinda want them (UND) to keep winning a few games to get a 1 seed. I really don't want them to get a 2 seed and get placed in the St. Paul regional.

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
                  There is this odd balance that I'm pulling for between SCSU and UND. I kinda want them (UND) to keep winning a few games to get a 1 seed. I really don't want them to get a 2 seed and get placed in the St. Paul regional.
                  This is some loser talk.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    This is some loser talk.
                    That's correct. Since Minnesota won't be making the tournament it would be nice to send the Hawks back to the nest for the offseason.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I "fear" Minnesota, but it'd be nice to have home ice at the X for once instead of the maroon and gold or green and black there. And its hard to beat a team 3 times in 3 tries in a year. Over the years I've noticed that when we're "supposed" to beat the Gophers, we often don't. As for UND, right now they're one of the best four teams in the nation, certainly not as far down as 7, so if SCSU ends up as the 2, why the heck would we want them in our regional?
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        I wouldn't say that I "fear" Minnesota, but it'd be nice to have home ice at the X for once instead of the maroon and gold or green and black there. And its hard to beat a team 3 times in 3 tries in a year. Over the years I've noticed that when we're "supposed" to beat the Gophers, we often don't. As for UND, right now they're one of the best four teams in the nation, certainly not as far down as 7, so if SCSU ends up as the 2, why the heck would we want them in our regional?
                        After the drubbing the Gophers took last night from the Wolverines, there's no worries about facing them a third time. Unless they can figure out how to counteract what happened to them last night for tonight's game, they'll need to hope one of the other teams knocks U-MI out of the B1G Mistake tournament. The Gophers aren't getting an at-large bid now, so they'll need to win their conference tournament to get the auto-bid.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I agree. Michigan should have ran away with that conference, and they've allowed Goldy to hang around too long. End it this weekend for good. It is possible to end up playing Mankato though, should they make it via the autobid. That would give them the overall 15 or 16 seed and it could be tough to oust them for the 4th time this season.

Comment

Less than 25 minutes until puck drop! While I'd be okay with a split, I think we can pull off the sweep if Chuck keeps doing his thing and we stay out of the penalty box (even though the PK has been successful lately, it seems like it messes up our rhythm).

Comment

Huskies drop game one 4-1. Those dumb 1st period mistakes cost us the game. Gotta tighten up for tomorrow.

Comment

Tonight's game will decide the season series...I don't expect UMD to win because SCSU will come out much stronger and they're playing for the Penrose. It's a must win for them if they want to have a shot at winning it.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X