SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU 2015-2016 Season: This Year Is Our Year

But as we learned in the North Star Cup Classic, it's more important to look at the trend form the last five games played than anything else, regardless of opponents played.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      But as we learned in the North Star Cup Classic, it's more important to look at the trend form the last five games played than anything else, regardless of opponents played.
      My primitive mind forgot about that. SCSU 4-1-0 with 22 goals in the last 5 games. Michigan 3-1-1 with 19 goals. Case closed.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

A good article that I think applies to St. Cloud State hockey this season

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-isnt-for-you/
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          About this SCSU or Michigan kerfuffle, allow me to explain who wins.

Important:

Scoring Offense: Games Goals G/GM
          1 Michigan 28 134 4.79
          2 St. Cloud State 32 140 4.38
          3 Boston College 32 130 4.06
          4 Robert Morris 32 127 3.97
          5 Penn State 32 126 3.94
          6 Quinnipiac 32 121 3.78
          7 Harvard 27 94 3.48
          8 Boston University 32 110 3.44
          9 Minnesota 29 98 3.38
          10 Providence 32 107 3.34
          11 North Dakota 32 106 3.31

MORE Important ...

Scoring Defense: Games Goals G/GM
          1 Yale 27 44 1.63
          2 UMass Lowell 32 59 1.84
          2 North Dakota 32 59 1.84
          4 Boston College 32 60 1.88
          5 Quinnipiac 32 63 1.97
          6 Providence 32 65 2.03
          7 St. Cloud State 32 66 2.06
          8 Bowling Green 34 71 2.09
          9 Michigan Tech 30 64 2.13
          10 Cornell 27 58 2.15
          11 Minnesota Duluth 30 65 2.17
          36 Michigan 28 83 2.96
          I don't think you understand what was being said

Comment

Somehow someway I'm looking forward to attending the UMD games this weekend. I'd be surprised if SCSU did anything less than 4 points this weekend. This UMD team just can't score. I'm sure SCSU is thinking of how UMD swept them in the building last year, not gonna let it happen again.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Somehow someway I'm looking forward to attending the UMD games this weekend. I'd be surprised if SCSU did anything less than 4 points this weekend. This UMD team just can't score. I'm sure SCSU is thinking of how UMD swept them in the building last year, not gonna let it happen again.
              I don't like the fact that UMD played as well as they did and came away with no points in North Dakota. This series scares me.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                I don't like the fact that UMD played as well as they did and came away with no points in North Dakota. This series scares me.
                I hear that but am pretty pessimistic about it meaning anything in the end. They've played well in many series and came away disappointed. I think SCSU sweeps
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  I hear that but am pretty pessimistic about it meaning anything in the end. They've played well in many series and came away disappointed. I think SCSU sweeps
                  Well that would be 6 points, not 4.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                  Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                  Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    Well that would be 6 points, not 4.
                    yes but I wouldn't be surprised if UMD wins in a shootout or 3x3 OT. I would be shocked if we split and least surprised with an SCSU sweep.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

There will be beer on Saturday! I am looking forward to my first beer at the NHC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        There will be beer on Saturday! I am looking forward to my first beer at the NHC.
                        I'm looking forward to it as all #IceHockeyBeerGame
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

yes but I wouldn't be surprised if UMD wins in a shootout or 3x3 OT. I would be shocked if we split and least surprised with an SCSU sweep.
                          Well...traditionally SCSU plays very few OT games. And if UMD somehow takes us to a shootout...Duluth WILL win the game. I don't think we've ever won a shootout. Not even an exhibition shootout.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            Well...traditionally SCSU plays very few OT games. And if UMD somehow takes us to a shootout...Duluth WILL win the game. I don't think we've ever won a shootout. Not even an exhibition shootout.
                            And UMD has won something like 1 out of 3 shootouts. Not exactly much better
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                              Did we win a shootout in Duluth this year or was that game one during the 5-minute OT?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Did we win a shootout in Duluth this year or was that game one during the 5-minute OT?
                                It was won during the 3 on 3 OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X