Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebre

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Oh noes the game ended in a 1-1 tie. Whatever will I do?
    I don't know. Have some of the Mainuh Moonshine and try to figure out how that crap team beat the super duper awesome team in a shootout?

Comment

Re: Rumble in The Port City - Maine hosts LSSU, MSU and UND in Portland - 2015 Icebre

Pretty sure we've already covered how that happened. UND dominated the game but McGovern's great play allowed Maine to steal a tie. Speaking of Mainuh Moonshine, how much of it did Black Bear fans in the arena have? At the end of they game they sounded awfully excited for having their team finish in the bottom half of the tournament.
      Last edited by Dirty; 10-11-2015, 06:41 AM.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Pretty sure we've already covered how that happened. UND dominated the game but McGovern's great play allowed Maine to steal a tie. Speaking of Mainuh Moonshine, how much of it did Black Bear fans in the arena have? At the end of they game they sounded awfully excited for having their team finish in the bottom half of the tournament.
        They had just seen their crap team beat a super duper awesome team. No one gave a damm about the tournament format.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          Game ended in a tie but still pretty disappointing. Just from listening on the radio, sounded like UND dominated Maine in scoring opportunities. Just couldn't translate those many golden chances into more goals. They need to find that finishing touch. Gotta give some of that credit to the Maine goalie though.

The Gersich, Schmaltz, and Boeser line is going to be absolutely lethal when their chemistry is fully clicking.

I feel bad for Stecher, if not for his gaffe, could've been a 1-0 win.
          I'm pretty sure you guys are going to be ok come spring. UND looked good to me, missed a few chances but Maine did a pretty good job in front of the goalie. UND looked fast and did great cycling the puck.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            They had just seen their crap team beat a super duper awesome team. No one gave a damm about the tournament format.
            How sad. Maine fans used to have expectations of winning conferences and national championships. Now they evidently consider a tie to be a win.
            Last edited by Dirty; 10-11-2015, 10:59 AM.
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

How sad. Maine fans used to have expectations of winning conferences and national championships. Now they evidently consider a tie to be a win.
              Welcome to six years ago?
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

I'm sure if North Dakota hosted a tournament and won in a shootout the fans would shower the ice with garbage because the team officially only tied.

Comment

Correct. Or at least empty beer cups.
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

How sad. Maine fans used to have expectations of winning conferences and national championships.
                    I guess the same can be said about.....whatever they are calling themselves these days. That team north of South Dakota? What's it going on.....16 years? Spending a little bit too much time and energy on silly nicknames I guess.
                    Last edited by maineiac; 10-12-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
                      I guess the same can be said about.....whatever they are calling themselves these days. That team north of South Dakota? What's it going on.....16 years? Spending a little bit too much time and energy on silly nicknames I guess.
                      Well since UND is still winning conference championships and people wanted Hakstol fired for not winning a national championship, no, the same probably can't be said about UND fan's expectations.
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Well since UND is still winning conference championships and people wanted Hakstol fired for not winning a national championship, no, the same probably can't be said about UND fan's expectations.
                        But we don't play in the weak sisters league.
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          But we don't play in the weak sisters league.
                          So it's Hockey East's fault that Maine fans don't expect their team to be any good? Either way, that really has nothing to do with UND fans expectations for their team.
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I don't know who NoDak owed a favor to for them having to play this little podunk tourney... seriously, 2015 and no webcast? Jeebus maine. There is no doubt who was the best team on the ice this weekend... North Dakota didn't play well but they still had more than double the SOG and it took Stetcher's keystone cop play for maine to score. Had North Dakota not had to play against the refs and had maine's goalie not completely stood on his head it would have been a blow out. At least the best team won the tournament.

Comment

So it's Hockey East's fault that Maine fans don't expect their team to be any good? Either way, that really has nothing to do with UND fans expectations for their team.
                              Oh I wouldn't say that Dirt. Actually Mainuhs have high expectations every year... But we're still in rebuild mode post Whitehead and heading in the right direction. My point being as opposed to whatever league it is you play in out west, back here in HE where champions are regularly crowned it is actually difficult to win league titles
                              Last edited by all bear; 10-12-2015, 10:53 AM.
                              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                I don't know who NoDak owed a favor to for them having to play this little podunk tourney... seriously, 2015 and no webcast? Jeebus maine. There is no doubt who was the best team on the ice this weekend... North Dakota didn't play well but they still had more than double the SOG and it took Stetcher's keystone cop play for maine to score. Had North Dakota not had to play against the refs and had maine's goalie not completely stood on his head it would have been a blow out. At least the best team won the tournament.
                                You should be proud . You managed to tie the preseason 10 team from HE (then lose the shootout) and beat a really really rebuilding Lake State team. Do like UHN and hang a banner . I love woofing nodaks
                                Last edited by all bear; 10-12-2015, 10:53 AM.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X