Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    be careful what you root for. they are 6-1-2 in their last nine and a loss and a tie vs BC in that stretch could have easily been 2 wins.
    Yeah... What he said 😂
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Re: Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

I have 4 tickets to the game at Mack tonight that I won't be using. If any of you guys are interested shoot me an email on here and I'll see if I can call Will Call and have them transferred to your name.

Comment

crowd at Lawler tonight was 3247, did they just add about 700 seats? if so, where and how?

Comment

Crowd at Matthews last night couldn't have been more that a couple hundred. Wow, this MC team is "offensively challenged". Too many guys that can't even receive a pass cleanly. Seney scored a nice goal, but an egregious (had to use that one) give away by Biega led to the GWG by Nolan Stevens a couple minutes later.
          Warriors must have taken 3 penalties in their offensive zone. Just dumb, lazy plays. Really disappointing that they are free-falling.
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Sounds like a broken record sad but true. Same thing year after year

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
              Sounds like a broken record sad but true. Same thing year after year
              Except it's not the same thing year after year. It's the same thing the last two years but this is also still a young team. 18 underclassmen I think? I don't know what people honestly expected this year, but I didn't expect much. Slightly below .500, maybe? That's pretty much where they are. They were playing over their heads in the first half of the year.

Look at their best players. Outside of Christie and Bahe it's almost all freshmen or sophomores.
              Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                Except it's not the same thing year after year. It's the same thing the last two years but this is also still a young team. 18 underclassmen I think? I don't know what people honestly expected this year, but I didn't expect much. Slightly below .500, maybe? That's pretty much where they are. They were playing over their heads in the first half of the year.

Look at their best players. Outside of Christie and Bahe it's almost all freshmen or sophomores.
                They looked pretty competitive first 5 games, have not improved since. On the same old same old comment, I was talking about the penalties and undisciplined play. That's been going on for a while. One thing to be playing a little on the edge, another to be tripping over it, 100 feet from play with other team backs to MC net, areas that can't hurt you. That is always lurking there and makes no sense. The better orgs clip that, mc doesn't seem to

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  They looked pretty competitive first 5 games, have not improved since. On the same old same old comment, I was talking about the penalties and undisciplined play. That's been going on for a while. One thing to be playing a little on the edge, another to be tripping over it, 100 feet from play with other team backs to MC net, areas that can't hurt you. That is always lurking there and makes no sense. The better orgs clip that, mc doesn't seem to
                  mc is middle of the pack in penalties, 7th, so to me the issue is far more the penalty kill which was great at the beginning of the year and terrible since.
                  Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

mc is middle of the pack in penalties, 7th, so to me the issue is far more the penalty kill which was great at the beginning of the year and terrible since.
                    Good to have another voice here. Yes, they have reduced the penalties significantly which is great.
                    You make some good points...they are very young (Foget especially). Given their pretty strong start, I thought they might be a little better than they have been in their recent stretch of games. I expected Tibbet, Hennig and Seney would raise their games this year and I haven't seen that (losing Seney for a stretch hurt what little offense they have). My expectation was middle of the pack (6-7th maybe), but that's not happening if they continue playing like they are playing right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                      Good to have another voice here. Yes, they have reduced the penalties significantly which is great.
                      You make some good points...they are very young (Foget especially). Given their pretty strong start, I thought they might be a little better than they have been in their recent stretch of games. I expected Tibbet, Hennig and Seney would raise their games this year and I haven't seen that (losing Seney for a stretch hurt what little offense they have). My expectation was middle of the pack (6-7th maybe), but that's not happening if they continue playing like they are playing right now.
                      Having an even slightly competent power play could have given us a couple wins.

Comment

• Re: Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

Totally agree with you guys that the power play has been terrible and it really has been all year. They can talk about shots and all that stuff but I don't care, if it's not going in. They are really young and I thought like you did, that they were middle of the pack. Once these younger guys are our older guys it should be a lot better. At least I hope so.

Sophomore slumps like Tibbet and Hennig are not as much a concern to me as some of our juniors who have flat out STUNK. Chris LeBlanc, that guy is drafted? What a huge disappointment. In the games I have seen I even think Lashyn has taken a step back and gets beat a lot. Good to see guys like Bahe and Hussar step up their senior year but I think if were were even getting a hint of production out of our juniors we would be ok. Even Hampus is so hot or cold. Some nights he looks great other nights he looks like a d3 player who is lazy and unwilling to go to the net.
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

and then there is this http://www.themackreport.com/news/go...-to-merrimack/

I wonder if they are freaking out about how vogler looked when deals was hurt? this kid was a minny recruit through, which makes even another wrinkle in there.
                          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

and then there is this http://www.themackreport.com/news/go...-to-merrimack/

I wonder if they are freaking out about how vogler looked when deals was hurt? this kid was a minny recruit through, which makes even another wrinkle in there.
                            Maybe this kid could enroll before next weekend? 10 losses in a row. No offense and no goaltending is not a winning combination. Hope they beat AZ State (who'll be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights) or they have the potential to not win another game this season (right now, only the AZ State game and maybe UConn at home look like possible wins).

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              Maybe this kid could enroll before next weekend? 10 losses in a row. No offense and no goaltending is not a winning combination. Hope they beat AZ State (who'll be playing their 3rd game in 3 nights) or they have the potential to not win another game this season (right now, only the AZ State game and maybe UConn at home look like possible wins).
                              I dont think its time to hit the panic button in regards to goaltending. Delia is not the reason they lost that game, in fact he stopped the bleeding on a couple PK's. Don't forget he is only a sophomore so he could provide a veteran leadership role down the line. Agree though that if Vogler doesn't work out, we will need some depth, but I think it's still early.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                                I dont think its time to hit the panic button in regards to goaltending. Delia is not the reason they lost that game, in fact he stopped the bleeding on a couple PK's. Don't forget he is only a sophomore so he could provide a veteran leadership role down the line. Agree though that if Vogler doesn't work out, we will need some depth, but I think it's still early.
                                I agree, it's not Delia. I think it's more that they are concerned about what is going to happen after Delia because Vogler was not impressive.
                                Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X