Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack College Warriors 2015-2016: Come out and play

Best game in years at Lawler last night. Electric in the 3rd and OT. Hope everyone comes out tomorrow. It's the first-ever do-or-die game at MC. Fully expect MC to win going away.

Comment

This is not a good UNH team, although if you read the UNH thread they would tell you that the shot differential in all of these games is "because merrimack throws the puck at the net from everywhere"

Yeah, that and 2x the zone time Merrimack has had in almost all four games.

Aside from UNH's top line there isn't a single thing on their team offensively that scares me.

They got some good players developing (Nazarian, Vela) but fully expecting we pull it out tomorrow. We have outshot UNH 96-49, I think it is, not because "we throw the puck from everywhere" but because we're in the offensive zone before Merrimack can roll four lines and be effective.

38 goals in 10 games since snapping the losing streak (3.8). Even take out that ASU laugher and its 28 goals in 9 games (3.1). This team was offensively challenged for a 10-game stretch where 7 were on the road. Other than that, scoring has been fine all year.
      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Petti with his 3rd goal of the series!
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
          Petti with his 3rd goal of the series!
          Definitely the series MVP in my book.

On to PC.. I hope we can put up a little better performance than we did earlier in the season. The one I saw down in RI was a real stinkeroo. I'm just glad they don't have to travel to South Bend or anything. Maybe some students will actually make this trip?

Comment

Playoff Petti
            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Nice win
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Probably the best Merrimack game I saw live was the end of my freshman year at MC which coincided with my brother (and now sister in law's) senior year at Providence. Down at Schneider, last game of the season, MC came down from 3-1 down scoring 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to force OT which they then won. Now my brother and sister in law are trying to bet dinner on the series which I must confess is a bet I don't want to take.

Comment

http://www.themackreport.com/news/co...n-first-round/ - Nice article by MacMahaon, I think we are definitely the place to be for a playoff series. Mac doesn't mention how about 1/3rd the rink was Wildcat fans, but no matter. The Comm Ave schools are apparently mausoleums this time of year, in what should be the most exciting time of the year outside the Beanpot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    http://www.themackreport.com/news/co...n-first-round/ - Nice article by MacMahaon, I think we are definitely the place to be for a playoff series. Mac doesn't mention how about 1/3rd the rink was Wildcat fans, but no matter. The Comm Ave schools are apparently mausoleums this time of year, in what should be the most exciting time of the year outside the Beanpot.
                    Great article from Mike. 1/3rd of Lawler were unh fans? No way. Maybe 20% tops. I only heard them once or twice all weekend.

Onto Providence. This should be good. Sounds like lots of students are going on the fan buses. With providence hoops in big east tournament, might mc fans take over?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorsMC View Post
                      Great article from Mike. 1/3rd of Lawler were unh fans? No way. Maybe 20% tops. I only heard them once or twice all weekend.

Onto Providence. This should be good. Sounds like lots of students are going on the fan buses. With providence hoops in big east tournament, might mc fans take over?
                      1/3 is like 1,000 UNH fans??? Maybe 150? I thought their biggest showing was Game 3 and they weren't that loud (not much to cheer about thankfully!!!!!!)
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                        1/3 is like 1,000 UNH fans??? Maybe 150? I thought their biggest showing was Game 3 and they weren't that loud (not much to cheer about thankfully!!!!!!)
                        Well maybe the stress of the situation was getting to me there.. You're right, game three definitely had a significantly higher turnout.

You guys see this Finnish kid we just verbally committed? You have to be excited to get anyone who played for a national U-18.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                          Well maybe the stress of the situation was getting to me there.. You're right, game three definitely had a significantly higher turnout.

You guys see this Finnish kid we just verbally committed? You have to be excited to get anyone who played for a national U-18.
                          have not been online until I saw your post so checked out the story. Seems like a good get! Last time we had a French kid (he was born in France) it turned out ok!!!
                          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Walman is out for the weekend. Obviously never want to see anyone hurt but should benefit Merrimack.

http://www.themackreport.com/news/ja...or-providence/

Comment

Series thoughts? PC swept the season series, 2-1 at Lawler, and 4-0 at PC. Warriors played them tight though 2 periods of the second game, but gave up 3 in the 3rd (2 ppgs') Gave up 4 pp goals on that weekend. Walman has been one of the best offensive d-men in the country this year, so that helps MC that he is out.
                              While PC is certainly the favorite (overwhelming?), I think Mack will be a handful this weekend. Vogler has stepped up big time, and they seem to have found some offense (poured a lot of shots on Tirrone last weekend). Play smart, stay out of the box, and they have a shot.
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Series thoughts? PC swept the season series, 2-1 at Lawler, and 4-0 at PC. Warriors played them tight though 2 periods of the second game, but gave up 3 in the 3rd (2 ppgs') Gave up 4 pp goals on that weekend. Walman has been one of the best offensive d-men in the country this year, so that helps MC that he is out.
                                While PC is certainly the favorite (overwhelming?), I think Mack will be a handful this weekend. Vogler has stepped up big time, and they seem to have found some offense (poured a lot of shots on Tirrone last weekend). Play smart, stay out of the box, and they have a shot.
                                "Hi PC, I'm Mack"

I think if we win one, it's tonight, with PC rusty from the bye week and MC being on a tear.

Comment

Working...
                                X