Veritas sux: Alexander Kerfoot

Saturday
    RPI ENGINEERS: ZACH SCHROEDER
    without: Kyle Criscuolo

Sunday (if necessary)
    RPI ENGINEERS: JASON KASDORF
    the Lux: Colin Blackwell
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Re: RPI Pick to Click 2015-16

Friday
      RPI ENGINEERS: Kasdorf
      Crimson: Kerfoot

Saturday
      RPI ENGINEERS: My Bubela
      yahd: Criscuolo

Sunday (if necessary)
      RPI ENGINEERS: Liljegren
      DU of the East: Donato
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Destination: Lake Placid!

Friday
        RPI- Viktor Liljegren
        Massachusetts- Kyle Criscuolo

Saturday
        RPI- Mr. Saturday night Milos Bubela
        Institute- Alexander Kurfoot

Sunday
        RPI- Jason Kasdorf
        Of Snobbery- Tyler Moy

Comment

I bet you thought I forgot about this. Oh how I wish I could forget that weekend. Anyway, a very small congratulations to myself for the weekly win, and a very large congratulations to this year's Pick to Click champion, FlagDUDE08!

RPI was led by defenseman Phil Hampton (no one), whose goal sparked hope in the hearts of RPI fans that Friday's game may be a repeat of Game 2. That hope was soon dashed by Harvard MVP Sean Malone (no one), who potted two goals and added a helper to earn himself 5 PtC points. Merrick Madsen (FlagDUDE08) earned a quality start.
          Saturday was much worse for the Engineers, though four cherry-clad skaters were able to earn 2 PtC points: Riley Bourbonnais (1 G; ineligible), Jesper Ohrvall (1 G; no one), Lou Nanne (2 A; no one), and Chris Bradley (1 A; no one). The Crimson's best skater once again earned 5 PtC points, as Brayden Jaw (no one) scored a goal and earned an assist. Merrick Madsen (no one) once again earned a quality start.

Results! (and link):
          4 + 1 points
          lugnut92

3 points
          FlagDUDE08

2 points
          hawthr
          vizoroo

1 point
          engineerhockeyfan
          Ralph Baer

0 points
          RPI fan 4 life

Final Totals
          Code:
                           |     RPI    |     OPP    |    |   
                           |   F   D   G|   F   D   G| BON| TOT
          ----------------------------------------------------- 
                 FlagDUDE08|  15   4   8|  10   0  49|   6|  92
                   lugnut92|  29   4   0|  42   3   0|   5|  83
             RPI fan 4 life|  37   0   0|  40   0   0|   0|  77
                 Ralph Baer|  19   6   6|  38   2   0|   4|  75
          engineerhockeyfan|  25   0   4|  32   0   0|   3|  64
                     hawthr|  28   0   0|  24   3   0|   3|  58
                    vizoroo|  14   8   2|  21   4   5|   3|  57
                  RHamilton|   0   2   0|   7   2   0|   1|  12
                TuteScrooge|   6   2   0|   0   2   0|   0|  10
                MavHockey14|   2   2   0|   3   0   0|   0|   7
                     rsfs04|   0   0   0|   0   0   5|   0|   5
                      TOTAL| 175  28  20| 217  16  59|  25| 540
          I'd like to thank you all for participating. I noticed a trend late in the season where despite current ineligibility rules, everyone picked the same three or four skaters for each team, and almost no one picked defensemen (the last defenseman on the opposing team was picked in early February). With that in mind, I will probably expand ineligibility to the top 2 or 3 forwards next season to encourage creativity and more diverse picks. In addition, I will likely nerf goalies (sorry FlagDUDE) by limiting us to one goalie per weekend (like the current mid-season tournament rule). There's nothing wrong with people working within the system that exists. What FlagDUDE did was clearly very successful, but for reasons that are obvious to some, no other RPI fans are willing to adopt that strategy. I'm open to suggestions about how to make this game better for everyone.
          RPI Pep Band
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

lugnut92,

Hopefully more people will enter next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              lugnut92,

Hopefully more people will enter next season.
              I sure hope so. Seven regular participants is way down from previous years.
              RPI Pep Band
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                I'd like to thank you all for participating. I noticed a trend late in the season where despite current ineligibility rules, everyone picked the same three or four skaters for each team, and almost no one picked defensemen (the last defenseman on the opposing team was picked in early February). With that in mind, I will probably expand ineligibility to the top 2 or 3 forwards next season to encourage creativity and more diverse picks. In addition, I will likely nerf goalies (sorry FlagDUDE) by limiting us to one goalie per weekend (like the current mid-season tournament rule). There's nothing wrong with people working within the system that exists. What FlagDUDE did was clearly very successful, but for reasons that are obvious to some, no other RPI fans are willing to adopt that strategy. I'm open to suggestions about how to make this game better for everyone.
                I'm a little shocked myself that that actually worked with us having a winning season; I was wondering why the heck I wasn't losing. Slow and steady with the QSs wins the race, I guess. Just out of curiosity, if we were under burgie12's rules for goaltenders (only get the 2 points on a win instead of a QS), would I have still won? Because I have a feeling the answer to that question is no; I probably would have ended up down around Ralph's total. Sadly no time to calculate it right now. And since it's quality starts, it's not like I'm truly betting against RPI.

It's a little easier to be nerfed by goaltender picks when we have a common opponent for two games in a weekend, as it doesn't really make much sense to guess at if they're going to split shifts. One of the side effects of our league, I suppose, and I'm not sacrificing points for superstition this time around, so I'm getting more points. What if we were to treat the two games against league opponents like a true two game series? As an example: Let's say I picked Bubela for RPI and Lyon for Yale on the first game. On the second game vs. Yale, in addition to the ineligibles, I would not be allowed to pick Bubela or Lyon, just like if we were to play Yale on both Friday and Saturday? Decide what you want when it comes to NC play and the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I'm a little shocked myself that that actually worked with us having a winning season; I was wondering why the heck I wasn't losing. Slow and steady with the QSs wins the race, I guess. Just out of curiosity, if we were under burgie12's rules for goaltenders (only get the 2 points on a win instead of a QS), would I have still won? Because I have a feeling the answer to that question is no; I probably would have ended up down around Ralph's total. Sadly no time to calculate it right now. And since it's quality starts, it's not like I'm truly betting against RPI.

It's a little easier to be nerfed by goaltender picks when we have a common opponent for two games in a weekend, as it doesn't really make much sense to guess at if they're going to split shifts. One of the side effects of our league, I suppose, and I'm not sacrificing points for superstition this time around, so I'm getting more points. What if we were to treat the two games against league opponents like a true two game series? As an example: Let's say I picked Bubela for RPI and Lyon for Yale on the first game. On the second game vs. Yale, in addition to the ineligibles, I would not be allowed to pick Bubela or Lyon, just like if we were to play Yale on both Friday and Saturday? Decide what you want when it comes to NC play and the playoffs.
                  That would be hard to keep track of, both for lugnut and the contestants.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well lugnut, I had fun. Don't know what I'll do without My Bubela next year.

Thanks for all your effort as keeper of PtC!
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                      Well lugnut, I had fun. Don't know what I'll do without My Bubela next year.

Thanks for all your effort as keeper of PtC!
                      If FlagDUDETTE could survive without Diebold, I'm sure you'll find another player to tickle your fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                        I bet you thought I forgot about this. Oh how I wish I could forget that weekend. Anyway, a very small congratulations to myself for the weekly win, and a very large congratulations to this year's Pick to Click champion, FlagDUDE08!

RPI was led by defenseman Phil Hampton (no one), whose goal sparked hope in the hearts of RPI fans that Friday's game may be a repeat of Game 2. That hope was soon dashed by Harvard MVP Sean Malone (no one), who potted two goals and added a helper to earn himself 5 PtC points. Merrick Madsen (FlagDUDE08) earned a quality start.
                        Saturday was much worse for the Engineers, though four cherry-clad skaters were able to earn 2 PtC points: Riley Bourbonnais (1 G; ineligible), Jesper Ohrvall (1 G; no one), Lou Nanne (2 A; no one), and Chris Bradley (1 A; no one). The Crimson's best skater once again earned 5 PtC points, as Brayden Jaw (no one) scored a goal and earned an assist. Merrick Madsen (no one) once again earned a quality start.

Results! (and link):
                        4 + 1 points
                        lugnut92

3 points
                        FlagDUDE08

2 points
                        hawthr
                        vizoroo

1 point
                        engineerhockeyfan
                        Ralph Baer

0 points
                        RPI fan 4 life

Final Totals
                        Code:
                                         |     RPI    |     OPP    |    |   
                                         |   F   D   G|   F   D   G| BON| TOT
                               FlagDUDE08|  15   4   8|  10   0  49|   6|  92
                                 lugnut92|  29   4   0|  42   3   0|   5|  83
                           RPI fan 4 life|  37   0   0|  40   0   0|   0|  77
                               Ralph Baer|  19   6   6|  38   2   0|   4|  75
                        engineerhockeyfan|  25   0   4|  32   0   0|   3|  64
                                   hawthr|  28   0   0|  24   3   0|   3|  58
                                  vizoroo|  14   8   2|  21   4   5|   3|  57
                                RHamilton|   0   2   0|   7   2   0|   1|  12
                              TuteScrooge|   6   2   0|   0   2   0|   0|  10
                              MavHockey14|   2   2   0|   3   0   0|   0|   7
                                   rsfs04|   0   0   0|   0   0   5|   0|   5
                                    TOTAL| 175  28  20| 217  16  59|  25| 540
                        The only suggestion I would have for future games is adding bonus points to players who score hat tricks. And additional points for any goals beyond hat tricks. It just doesn't happen very often and I believe that additional points would make sense.
                        As for goalies, just eliminate the quality start. You get points for wins and bonuses for shut outs. Nothing for a loss. JMO
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          The only suggestion I would have for future games is adding bonus points to players who score hat tricks. And additional points for any goals beyond hat tricks. It just doesn't happen very often and I believe that additional points would make sense.
                          As for goalies, just eliminate the quality start. You get points for wins and bonuses for shut outs. Nothing for a loss. JMO
                          The quality start is definitely quite IMBA. However on a rough calculation in my head, it would have been a very close race between lugnut and me, because although I would have lost a lot of points in the beginning of the season, I would have gained them back later in some of the higher scoring losses. It does present an interesting dilemma of "playing it safe" vs. "going for the gusto", because the goalies are almost never the highest scorers of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            A hat trick is already 6 points (or 9 for a defenseman). I don't think it's really necessary to juice points for picking forwards beyond what they already are. Over 70% of the points earned this season were from forwards. I would like to incentivize picking defensemen in the future, but I'm not thrilled about making them worth 4/3 instead of 3/2.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            The quality start is definitely quite IMBA. However on a rough calculation in my head, it would have been a very close race between lugnut and me, because although I would have lost a lot of points in the beginning of the season, I would have gained them back later in some of the higher scoring losses. It does present an interesting dilemma of "playing it safe" vs. "going for the gusto", because the goalies are almost never the highest scorers of the week.
                            Goaltender scoring definitely needs to be fixed because with strong RPI goaltending and relatively weak RPI offense, there are just too many quality starts. I think in addition to limiting people to one goalie per week, I may switch to a system of 1 point for a QS and 1 point for a win, or maybe 2 pts for a QS win and 1 pt for a QS tie. The whole point of moving to quality starts from wins was that a goalie can do very well and lose, or do very poorly and win. Quality starts are more closely tied with the actual performance of the goalie. Alternatively, I could just raise the bar for quality start from average or better Sv% to upper quartile (third quintile?) sv% or something like that.

I need to do some playing around this offseason to try to optimize this.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Once again, another great job Lugnut!!

I hope that we can get more than 7 regular players for next season. Perhaps we will have to promote this more during the preseason.

My claim to fame this year was earning more RPI points than any other person. Special congrats to hawthr for being the only person who earned more points with RPI players than with their opponents.

Fnally, something will have to be done to try to get more people to start defensemen. Maybe a bonus for PPG or PPA.
                              It's still a lot of fun and am looking forward to playing again next season.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                                Once again, another great job Lugnut!!

I hope that we can get more than 7 regular players for next season. Perhaps we will have to promote this more during the preseason.

My claim to fame this year was earning more RPI points than any other person. Special congrats to hawthr for being the only person who earned more points with RPI players than with their opponents.

Fnally, something will have to be done to try to get more people to start defensemen. Maybe a bonus for PPG or PPA.
                                It's still a lot of fun and am looking forward to playing again next season.
                                I often wanted to pick D-men, but it was hard to predict which RPI dmen were likely to get points on any given night, and usually the other team's second highest scoring dman was may down in points.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X