Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    And with nine freshmen arriving in the fall of 2016, it looks like a rebuilding year for tCHHCoMSU. Yup, any bets on another contract extension?
    Anastos is done. The line to make was top-4 in the Big Ten for him to get another season and they didn't get there. Maybe if they went on a miracle run through the Big Ten tourney and deep in the NCAAs, but that isn't going to happen.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      Anastos is done. The line to make was top-4 in the Big Ten for him to get another season and they didn't get there. Maybe if they went on a miracle run through the Big Ten tourney and deep in the NCAAs, but that isn't going to happen.
      You say this as if you are in the know in some fashion. I'm not sure I believe you. For a while I doubted Hollis' was ambitious enough to dump the guy he hired but there isn't a ton of evidence for that. The AD has spent quite a bit of money upgrading Munn lately so perhaps they feel it is time to get serious.

My body is ready for whatever happens.

Comment

I would bet every dime, dollar, nickel and penny I have that Anastos gets another year.

I doubt we'll want to pay his buyout, he gets along with the rest of the athletic department, the team appeared to improve slightly during the second half, attendance hasn't really taken a horrible hit on paper, and he can trot out just about every excuse regarding why this team was so friggin' horrible this season. (Despite the fact that, in my opinion, none of those excuses are valid.)
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
          Honestly my only concern is being young. Talent-wise I think we are actually not losing much this year besides Hildebrand and Deblouw... Everybody else is pretty easy to replace (just average players). Losing Ferrantino may be tough on the leadership side but I'm sorry, on any other team he would be an ideal 3rd-4th line guy.

P.S.- Osburn is going to be the next Krug. That guy can flat out play offense from the defenseman position. Still a little bit of a liability on D and in our own zone but he will figure that out by next year.

Also does anybody know the rules on redshirting? Does Minney still qualify for one? Otherwise, I still can't figure out why he hasn't played...
          Pretty sure Minney has used his. Otherwise I'm on the same page with all you've said. I wonder if this guy who verbal'd a few days ago from NAHL is going to challenge him in a couple years. Really good numbers for juniors.

I think Osburn's off to a great start. He's got the vision (at least from his own goal line forward) that Krug had at this stage. He's got about the same speed and nearly the skating ability of a Krug, and a devotion to fitness, like Krug. And the guy can play straight-up physical. The only thing perhaps that's lacking is committing to discipline defensively. He's a -17. But those things usually get ironed out over time.

Interested to compare some numbers of some of the more oft-mentioned MSU d-men the last 15 years, in their rookie seasons:
          Torey Krug (38 GP) 3-18-21
          JM Liles (40 GP) 8-20-28
          Duncan Keith (41 GP) 3-12-15
          Jeff Petry (42 GP) 3-21-24
          Osburn (36 GP) 6-12-18

So Osburn compares quite favorably on the stat sheet as well to those guys given the number of games

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Interested to compare some numbers of some of the more oft-mentioned MSU d-men the last 15 years, in their rookie seasons:
            Torey Krug (38 GP) 3-18-21
            JM Liles (40 GP) 8-20-28
            Duncan Keith (41 GP) 3-12-15
            Jeff Petry (42 GP) 3-21-24
            Osburn (36 GP) 6-12-18

So Osburn compares quite favorably on the stat sheet as well to those guys given the number of games
            Also Osburn is on a considerably worse overall scoring team then Petry and Liles.
            Last edited by gomsuman; 03-17-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Michigan State looked terrible in the first period against Ohio State. Poor defensive zone coverage, Hildebrand getting beat between the pads on a wraparound, and MSU getting one shot and no follow up on offense. Look very much like they just want the season to be over. And there's hardly anybody in the stands at St. Paul, either.
              "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                Michigan State looked terrible in the first period against Ohio State. Poor defensive zone coverage, Hildebrand getting beat between the pads on a wraparound, and MSU getting one shot and no follow up on offense. Look very much like they just want the season to be over. And there's hardly anybody in the stands at St. Paul, either.
                This should be a grapefruit for any AD with pride for his department. This game is so one-sided it's a wonder we're tied at 3. I can't even watch this, and if we have to go beyond an additional 20 minutes of torture only to have MSU win it, there's nothing left in the tank for tomorrow anyway.

Good night.

Fire Anastos.

Comment

And now we wait for an announcement.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

10-23-4. Congrats on not losing 30 games, I guess. It was looking ultra grim during that first half. Considering what we're losing, I expect next season to be worse.

I feel horrible for Hildebrand, by the way. His entire collegiate career was squandered. MSU put some horrendous teams in front of him.
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                      10-23-4. Congrats on not losing 30 games, I guess. It was looking ultra grim during that first half. Considering what we're losing, I expect next season to be worse.

I feel horrible for Hildebrand, by the way. His entire collegiate career was squandered. MSU put some horrendous teams in front of him.
                      You can exhale now, it's over. Until next season....
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        And now we wait for an announcement.
                        Timing depends on who makes the move. Since it won't be Anastos (I'm guessing), we'll have to wait until after the awards banquet.

Comment

A disappointing, yet expected end to a miserable season. I expect more of the same next season as well. And I do believe that tCHHCoMSU will return, as I think the University doesn't want to buy him out. I would hope though, he would do the chivalrous thing and fall on his own sword. And if I'm not mistaken, he could be the MSU coach to reach 100 losses in the fewest number of games. I'm not going to research it (Someone else can if they want.). So, he has that going for him, which is nice. Always good to have a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                            Timing depends on who makes the move. Since it won't be Anastos (I'm guessing), we'll have to wait until after the awards banquet.
                            Think Wisconsin's move today could move up the timing of the announcement? With both MSU and Wisconsin needing a HC due to firing, that's some deep programs who need top coaches. And we need Wisconsin and MSU to be great programs. It's a bummer to me that the conference with the most NC's can only manage to have one team qualify without a tournament win.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Think Wisconsin's move today could move up the timing of the announcement? With both MSU and Wisconsin needing a HC due to firing, that's some deep programs who need top coaches. And we need Wisconsin and MSU to be great programs. It's a bummer to me that the conference with the most NC's can only manage to have one team qualify without a tournament win.
                              FTW!

I for one would take him in a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                I have no idea what to expect. I don't know if we should expect anything. If Hollis intends to bring Anastos back then he should say so now. The red wings are on the playoffs fence and with the b-ball team dipping out, I am dangerously close to not having anything to give a **** about this spring except for early season Tigers. A hockey coaching search and hire sounds very exciting, however.

Comment

Working...
                                X