Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartans 2015-16. Got a problem with that?

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
    Well Anastos, Miller, and Newton need to go. And go soon. Fairly obvious they cannot develop the talent. The program is regressing. I wonder how the locker room is. Josh Jacob's leaving during the summer looks like the right move now (14 pts in 32 games. as opposed to last year when he had 9 pts in 35 games.)
    But, who would they be replaced with? I would hope maybe Danton Cole.
    I hate changing for the sake of change, but a change needs to be made.
    I'm ready for Hollis to clean house. Anastos wasn't the right choice, I would actually have preferred Kelly Miller as the head coach back when Anastos was hired. Newton has been around forever, there must be some reason he has never gotten a head coaching job anywhere. Danton Cole should get a serious look. There is no reason that MSU shouldn't be able to attract top level recruits in hockey, as football and basketball have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
      Well Anastos, Miller, and Newton need to go. And go soon. Fairly obvious they cannot develop the talent. The program is regressing. I wonder how the locker room is. Josh Jacob's leaving during the summer looks like the right move now (14 pts in 32 games. as opposed to last year when he had 9 pts in 35 games.)
      But, who would they be replaced with? I would hope maybe Danton Cole.
      I hate changing for the sake of change, but a change needs to be made.
      If by some 11th-hour (think in terms of seasons) miracle Danton Cole ends up here, that is not change for change's sake ... that would be a gold mine of coaching ability. Not to mention instant prestige.

Comment

Originally posted by spartyon58 View Post
        There is no reason that MSU shouldn't be able to attract top level recruits in hockey, as football and basketball have done.
        For some reason, recruits just don't get excited about a building coming into compliance with a law passed 25 years ago.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          For some reason, recruits just don't get excited about a building coming into compliance with a law passed 25 years ago.
          Yes, we all know how teenagers are so passionate about building codes, various ordinances, zoning laws etc.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            If by some 11th-hour (think in terms of seasons) miracle Danton Cole ends up here, that is not change for change's sake ... that would be a gold mine of coaching ability. Not to mention instant prestige.
            I wonder if Hollis ever contacted D. Cole. I have a feeling he didn't. The Anastos appointment was made pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
              Yes, we all know how teenagers are so passionate about building codes, various ordinances, zoning laws etc.
              They care about the school they're considering putting the absolute bare-minimum into the building they'll pretty much live in is my point. Danton Cole is a nice coach(I don't think Anastos is as bad as some say either), but he proved at UAH that he's not a miracle worker. If MSU keeps putting Ohio State levels of effort and resources into their hockey program, they're going to keep getting Ohio State-level results.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                They care about the school they're considering putting the absolute bare-minimum into the building they'll pretty much live in is my point. Danton Cole is a nice coach(I don't think Anastos is as bad as some say either), but he proved at UAH that he's not a miracle worker. If MSU keeps putting Ohio State levels of effort and resources into their hockey program, they're going to keep getting Ohio State-level results.
                Well, the Athletic Department is putting in a good amount of money on renovating Munn.
                The new glass, better lighting, ribbon advertising boards. Atrium where the Championship Trophy's will be displayed. Another locker room redo.
                As for D.Cole at UAH, I don't think anyone will do very well there. And, sorry, but I must disagree with you concerning the Current Head Coach at Michigan State. He is not good.......At all. My opinion.

Comment

Cole should get a long look. MSU alumnus, NCAA and Stanley Cup rings as a player, got UAH to the NCAAs (yes, I know it was a four-team league) plus his coaching experience and success at the minor-league level with Grand Rapids and Muskegon.
                  "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
                    Cole should get a long look. MSU alumnus, NCAA and Stanley Cup rings as a player, got UAH to the NCAAs (yes, I know it was a four-team league) plus his coaching experience and success at the minor-league level with Grand Rapids and Muskegon.
                    At the very least he would have a step up on recruiting the USA development team that he currently coaches. Which, for some reason, MSU's current coach just ignores and/or can't get any players from. After all the team is based in Michigan....

Comment

I think I'm going to go vomit. That third period was a car wreck. Under no circumstances should this team, with its record and recent performances, play to not lose.
                      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                      66 - 86 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Some 20-something marketing exec whose suit is empty got paid tons of money to come up with this nonsense.

Introducing: The Iron D™

Mike Bayoff, Director of Strategic Hockey Alliances™ for the Red Wings/Olympia Entertainment, told the Free Press that U-M coach Red Berenson and MSU coach Tom Anastos will help play a role in the creation of the rival trophy, which will go to the winner of the annual game played in Detroit.

Bayoff said Michigan and Michigan State play for the Paul Bunyan Trophy in football, and Olympia Entertainment wanted to create something to signify the hockey rivalry when the game is played in Detroit.

The U-M/MSU hockey game at Joe Louis Arena has recently been termed “The Duel in the D™.”

“We wanted to have something that was our own when the two hockey teams from each university comes here to the Joe,” Bayoff said. “The trophy that will be unveiled is called The Iron D™."
                        Please. We don't have to like each other, but can we at least both agree, as two fanbases, that this is the dumbest idea and name of an idea ever? Worse than the Land Grant Trophy?
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                          At the very least he would have a step up on recruiting the USA development team that he currently coaches. Which, for some reason, MSU's current coach just ignores and/or can't get any players from. After all the team is based in Michigan....
                          This is not the problem. I'm sure TA makes a play for plenty of the NTDP's - but they're looking at his track record on two fronts and ... you know. These guys want to compete and be NHL players.
                          Last edited by owslachief; 12-29-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                            Some 20-something marketing exec whose suit is empty got paid tons of money to come up with this nonsense.

Please. We don't have to like each other, but can we at least both agree, as two fanbases, that this is the dumbest idea and name of an idea ever? Worse than the Land Grant Trophy?
                            What a great idea to have a trophy for a single game between two schools that regularly play five games a year. Heck, last year we played six times and three of those were in Detroit!
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

I like the idea of a travelling trophy. College hockey, in general, needs more of those.

But yeah, "THE IRON 'D,' which, if you didn't know, is a registered trademark of Olympia Entertainment, all rights reserved" is kind of dumb.
                              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                              66 - 86 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                                This is not the problem. I'm sure TA makes a play for plenty of the NTDP's - but they're looking at his track record on two fronts and ... you know. These guys want to compete and be NHL players.
                                Right that's what I said.. A new coach (Cole in particular) would probably have a better shot at getting those guys. I said Anastos just ignores and/or can't get any players from. Obviously it is more that he can't get any players from the NTDP's then it is him ignoring it.
                                Last edited by gomsuman; 12-30-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X