Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2015-2016 Season

splitting the games agaisnt the gophers and winning the friday game at home with Penn State and they are in the mix for 2nd place.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread View Post
      Little Confused! How was a delayed penalty called on OSU , Michigan scores on the delay . and then the penalty is still served by OSU? Leading to a powerplay goal by Michigan..? Shouldn't the minor penalty be waived off after the goal??
      Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      They changed the rule about 5 years ago in college hockey if you score on a delayed penalty then they still get a PP out of it.
      Correct.

NCAA Ice Hockey Rule 15.2:
      Goal Scored - If a goal is scored on the delayed penalty by the non-offending team, the first minor shall be imposed as well as all other infractions regardless of whether a goal is scored...

Commit the crime, do the time. At least in college. Obviously this isn't a universal rule.

Comment

Superb effort by #7 on the GWG. Schilkey is the personification of determination and perseverance.

Thank you Nick!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Talk about a Roller coaster of a hockey game to get up 5-1 and crusing and then take a dump penalty that allowed them to get 2 goals out of it and make it a hockey game is nuts.
          What you may not know from the radio broadcast is one of our guys was pretty badly crosschecked from behind right in front of where I was sitting when we were in Michigan's end which sprung the puck for the play to go up ice for their goal and the penalty.
          The refs called a penalty earlier on an identical crosscheck but ignored this one. If the penalty had been called as it should then no 2 quick scores for Michigan so I won't fault the boys on those 2.
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-07-2016, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            What you may not know from the radio broadcast is one of our guys was pretty badly crosschecked from behind right in front of where I was sitting when we were in Michigan's end which sprung the puck for the play to go up ice for their goal and the penalty.
            The refs called a penalty earlier on an identical crosscheck but ignored this one. If the penalty had been called as it should then no 2 quick scores for Michigan so I won't fault the boys on those 2.
            Yea they didnt mention that thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
              I mean that was a pretty obvious high stick to me. It was above his head.
              Despite what the Michigan fans say it was a high stick. It happened in my end and I could see the blade well above the level of the crossbar.
              He tried to argue to the ref that it hit lower down on the shaft of his stick but the ref rolled his eyes and shook his head no.
              The ref's are like traffic cops, they've heard all the excuses there are out there and don't believe any of them! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I hope the NCAA and B1G Officials take a look at this game as a poor example of officiating. The number of times dangerous plays and dangerous cross checks from behind, and even hits to the head went uncalled was amazing. I don't think I've seen anything like it in years. The ref would just look at them an shake his head. That last scrum in the corner where the Michigan player speared the OSU player in the face and neck was a good example. The spearing along should have been a DQ, let alone to the head and then neck. The Kearny goal should have been a goal and a PP with the obvious tripping. The fact there were two 5 minute interference calls on Friday should have been a signal that things were going to get out of hand quickly.

Yeah its hockey. Yeah there are going to be hits, but the refs need to make the calls to keep the game under control.

In the end its all about not letting up on the gas in the latter half of the 2nd and in the 3rd. We've seen it how many times this season that we get a lead then blow it in the last minute of the 2nd then lose it in the 3rd. Not sure if its conditioning, coaching, or what, but they need to play like they are behind in the 3rd. As soon as they start trying to coast or play a 2/3 formation they get whacked.

Glad to see them back to playing a gritty down low style like in Florida and finding just a little bit of the "I" in TEAM.

Comment

Well LunarOhio it's rare to see a well called game with balance.
                  Personally I think it's a much more intense game when they "let 'em play" rather than hold the game up time and again by calling every tickytack thing out there.
                  That's how it typically is, too much or too little officiating but I definitely agree with your assessments.
                  Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-07-2016, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Well it was definitely nerve wracking, but its great to see us win our 3rd straight. Back to back sweeps to finish the season would be amazing. If we get hot again like we did in Florida, we could hypothetically get to .500 and make the tournament and actually kind of deserve it.
                    Last edited by Buckeye22; 03-12-2016, 12:01 AM.
                    Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                    University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

I was watching on a laptop so could see as well as I'm used to but it looked to me the Spartan goal that sent it to OT didn't look legit. It looked like Frye was on top of the puck and he and the puck together were pushed into the net.
                      The other issue I has was our guys were not sticking with they guys they were supposed to be defending allowing scoring opportunities for MS.

Comment

So, if we get past Sparty in Thursday's B1G playoff game who would you rather we face next as the #1 seed, Minnesota or Michigan and why?

Comment

I'd have to say Michigan. I think they're the better of the 2 teams, but we're 2-1-1 vs. TTUN this year and 0-4-0 vs. the Gophers (granted, 3 of those for losses were in OT). Plus we'd definitely be playing in front of a decidedly pro-Minnesota crowd. Michigan will have much less of an advantage.

Comment

I was watching on a laptop so could see as well as I'm used to but it looked to me the Spartan goal that sent it to OT didn't look legit. It looked like Frye was on top of the puck and he and the puck together were pushed into the net.
                            The other issue I has was our guys were not sticking with they guys they were supposed to be defending allowing scoring opportunities for MS.
                            I was watching on my phone and no way you could see the puck cross the line. Was Frey on top of it probably but probably doesnt say the puck is in for sure. The Ref apologized to Rohls after the game i was told.

Comment

So, if we get past Sparty in Thursday's B1G playoff game who would you rather we face next as the #1 seed, Minnesota or Michigan and why?
                              I would say Michigan as well but i dont see Minnesota losing to Wisconsin again at home.

Comment

Well, once again we laid a complete egg and failed to sweep. We spent a lot of time in the penalty box and despite getting a reasonable number of shots, we were only able to generate 2-3 actually decent scoring chances, one of which resulted in our only goal. The one goal we had was a total individual effort by Jobst too, so its not like it was a great play by the team. Rohlik just doesn't seem to make any adjustments in between periods. Frey was maybe the only bright spot out there for us. He made a few great saves. I'm just bummed that my last OSU game of the season had to be such a snoozefest.

Comment

Working...
                                X