Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 FF Ticket Purchase Starts September 25

Got the following email a couple of days ago

Amused that it's apparently OK if you buy booze through their hospitality packages, but you can't buy a beer at the concession stands. To paraphrase Marie Antoinette, "Let them drink Coca Cola"

Thank you for your continued support of the NCAA® Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship! As the priority ticket purchase process for the 2016 NCAA Men’s Frozen Four® in Tampa Bay approaches, we wanted to inform and remind you of a few important items.

• Your current Priority Number is 14.
    • Your Ticket Purchase Start Date is Wednesday, October 7 at 10 a.m. ET.
    • We will send you a reminder email with access details on Tuesday, October 6.

As a reminder you received this email because you are a priority ticket purchaser for the NCAA Men's Frozen Four. You are considered to be a priority ticket purchaser because you have purchased tickets in your name through the NCAA priority ticket purchase process for any Frozen Four between 1997 (Milwaukee) and 2015 (Boston). Ticket purchasers are awarded one priority point for each year that tickets have been purchased in his/her name. For instance, if you purchased tickets for 2003 (Buffalo) and 2007 (St. Louis), your priority number is 2 out of a possible 19. Priority points do not have to be earned in consecutive years and earned points will not be lost if you choose not to purchase tickets in any given year.

Timeline
    The priority ticket purchase process for the 2016 Men's Frozen Four will begin September 25, 2015 (next month). Each priority ticket purchaser level will be given a designated date and time when Frozen Four tickets will become available for purchase. Individuals with the highest priority number (19) will be invited to purchase tickets first, followed by individuals with the next highest priority level and so on until the last priority level is reached or available inventory has been sold, whichever comes first.

You will have the opportunity to purchase tickets and select your own seat locations, based on availability, on the designated date and time for your priority number. Priority ticket purchasers will receive an email a few days prior to the designated purchase date for their priority number with an invitation and instructions for purchasing tickets.

Ticket orders will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, Friday, November 27, or until the available inventory is sold out, whichever occurs first.

If you have friends or family who may be interested in purchasing tickets for Tampa Bay but are not currently priority ticket purchasers, please invite them to sign-up to receive additional ticket information regarding the opportunity to purchase Frozen Four tickets by CLICKING HERE.

If you need to update your mailing or email address, please contact NCAA customer service at 866-208-0048. If you have additional questions regarding the ticket purchase process for the NCAA Men's Frozen Four, please submit them to mensfrozenfour@ncaa.org.

As a reminder, the NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Committee will continue to review the priority system and the priority ticket purchase process on an annual basis and reserves the right to make changes at any time.

Upgrade to The NCAA Experience®
    NCAA Experience Looking for the ultimate experience at the Men's Frozen Four? Upgrade to The NCAA Experience! For priority ticket purchasers who would like to purchase 2016 NCAA Men's Frozen Four tickets prior to their assigned priority number date and time, PrimeSport, the Official Ticket and Hospitality Provider of the NCAA, has premium ticket and hospitality packages available now!

Don't miss any of the action on the ice at Amalie Arena in Tampa Bay! For the ultimate NCAA Fan Experience, PrimeSport is offering the FAN hospitality package inclusive of a pregame happy hour with light hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar. For the full VIP Experience, the VIP hospitality package features an open bar, food and beverage, entertainment and so much more!

Visit NCAA.com/VIP to purchase your ticket and hospitality package today!

*Packages may be purchased at any time, regardless of your priority number, and include either tickets and hospitality or hospitality-only (no game ticket included). Please note that if you purchase a package through PrimeSport inclusive of BOTH tickets and hospitality, it will count towards your priority point for this year. Hospitality-only packages will NOT count towards your priority point for this year.*

Re: 2016 FF Ticket Purchase Starts September 25

I also received the e-mail. Somewhat annoyingly, the message doesn't mention the price point(s) for 2016. The NCAA website does list prices for various package deals. But at least on my quick first try, I couldn't find the tickets-only prices there either.

Does anyone have that info?

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      I also received the e-mail. Somewhat annoyingly, the message doesn't mention the price point(s) for 2016. The NCAA website does list prices for various package deals. But at least on my quick first try, I couldn't find the tickets-only prices there either.

If you have to ask you can't afford them.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        If you have to ask you can't afford them.

Sean
        Or, you compulsively collect data on subjects that interest only small niche markets.

Comment

I'd assume that they didn't post it because there will be a wide range of prices. I suppose that they could say "Tickets start at $x" but that would be meaningless because most of the earlier buyers wouldn't be buying those seats (e.g. nosebleeds right next to the bands), and "from $y to $10y" would be meaningless because the range is so wide.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            I'd assume that they didn't post it because there will be a wide range of prices...
            IIRC. the Philly Lottery had two price points: $200 & $230. Boston had three: $160, $205 and $250. For most buyers, there probably wasn't a lot of deliberation involved. The quality of the location varied greatly from one price point to the next. If you were either price sensitive or location sensitive, the choice was fairly easy.

On the other hand, if there really will be a "wide range of prices," that information would be pretty important to have in advance. The more choices there are, the more complicated the cost/benefit analysis becomes.

Comment

IIRC. the Philly Lottery had two price points: $200 & $230. Boston had three: $160, $205 and $250. For most buyers, there probably wasn't a lot of deliberation involved. The quality of the location varied greatly from one price point to the next. If you were either price sensitive or location sensitive, the choice was fairly easy.

On the other hand, if there really will be a "wide range of prices," that information would be pretty important to have in advance. The more choices there are, the more complicated the cost/benefit analysis becomes.
              I seem to remember in Boston or Philly that "center ice on the glass" seats were in the thousands. But yeah, even if there were something like that a reasonable writer could come up with some reasonable verbiage, like "prices will range from $160 to $250 with some higher prices for premium seats".

As for why the prices weren't mentioned, I think of the axiom, "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."
              Last edited by CLS; 08-30-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                I seem to remember in Boston or Philly that "center ice on the glass" seats were in the thousands. But yeah, even if there were something like that a reasonable writer could come up with some reasonable verbiage, like "prices will range from $160 to $250 with some higher prices for premium seats".
                My recollection was that the premium seats were separate from the lottery process. In other words, they didn't require priority points, just cash. But then again, as I had zero interest in seats priced "in the thousands," I might be mistaken.

As for why the prices weren't mentioned, I think of the axiom, "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."
                Never say never. But change "never" to "rarely" and I'm with you.

Comment

My recollection was that the premium seats were separate from the lottery process. In other words, they didn't require priority points, just cash. But then again, as I had zero interest in seats priced "in the thousands," I might be mistaken.

Never say never. But change "never" to "rarely" and I'm with you.
                  Already on sale without specific location, but with hospitality ectionRowPrice (ea.) NotesQuantityBuy
                  UPPER SIDE ICE
                  TBD
                  $405.00 Add to Cart
                  LOWER CORNER/BEHIND
                  TBD
                  $540.00 Add to Cart
                  MID LEVEL SIDE ICE
                  TBD
                  $630.00 Add to Cart
                  LOWER SIDE ICE
                  TBD
                  $810.00 Add to Cart
                  LOWER SIDE ICE VIP
                  TBD
                  $1,035.00 Add to Cart
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Surprised not to see some of the changes posted from the High Priority levels. We're at level 18 and a couple big changes unless I missed these being posted previously. Thursday is returning to separate tickets for the 2 semifinal games. The game time's are not listed, but seems like something many fans have been asking for since the change was made.

Also I think it may depend on priority level, but we can purchase up to 8 tickets. Unless I'm mistaken I believe this is the first year other than Ford Field that you can order more than 4. Not sure what priority levels can purchase more than 4.

Also in case pricing has not been listed elsewhere.

$600 Lower Level Row A
                    $450 Lower Level Row B
                    $260 Lower Level
                    $240 Club
                    $205 Upper Level - Sides
                    $160 Upper Level - Ends

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                      Also I think it may depend on priority level, but we can purchase up to 8 tickets. Unless I'm mistaken I believe this is the first year other than Ford Field that you can order more than 4. Not sure what priority levels can purchase more than 4.
                      Crappy news for lower priority...

Comment

I have a 16 priority and the email I received yesterday says I can buy up to six tickets. So the max has dropped from the earlier reported eight.

Comment

Priority 17. Club 8. Row A

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                            Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            Crappy news for lower priority...
                            Or, it may not make much difference. Demand seems to be soft so far. And most of the seats currently being selected weren't available in the lottery for Boston, Philly or Pittsburgh. Just checked sections 217, 215 & 202 and there are still Club Level/Blue Line seats available, with the Level 15 (of 19) window opening tomorrow.

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            I have a 16 priority and the email I received yesterday says I can buy up to six tickets. So the max has dropped from the earlier reported eight.
                            And if that number continues to narrow, that will further lessen the impact on the lower priority levels.

Originally posted by hockeymom of 2 View Post
                            Priority 17. Club 8. Row A
                            Perhaps regrettably, we now have at least three threads going for the 2016 Lottery. Having a separate sticky, with general advice for those about to purchase, makes sense. If we want to use this thread for a separate discussion of the process, that's cool.

But let's keep locations on the locations thread! I'll take care of putting hockeymom2's report over there.

Comment

Working...
                            X