X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXXIV: A Season without Chuck

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    That is hardly a fair comparison. But if we use your hypothetical and you consider it is within a time frame of a month and it goes on discount the seller generally credits you the difference (ie the $1,000 TV goes to $750 the next week or two, best buy will credit the $250 to you within a certain period of time).
    True, but if you fill up your gas tank at $2.25 and then a day later the cost drops to $2.00 you aren't going to see a refund from the gas station.

Comment

As a season ticket holder, I made my decision to renew as advertised. Right now, I don't care how cheap they sell tickets. Try to fill up the dang building. It adds to my game day experience.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
        As a season ticket holder, I made my decision to renew as advertised. Right now, I don't care how cheap they sell tickets. Try to fill up the dang building. It adds to my game day experience.
        That's what I think. As a weird man once said:

“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
          How about a system that doesn't result in 3000 fans in the aeats for the home opener?

Agree. If the coach had an overall effective system that was successful, we would not have attendance woes.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Badger Fans!

I'm thankful for all the great moments and memories and friends Badger Hockey has brought me over the years. Here's to hoping for a brighter future in which all we have to argue about is the great players on the bench that aren't getting enough minutes and which bar we should all meet up at for drinks at the FF.

Best to all of you and your families on this long holiday weekend. Go Red!
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Badger Joe Labate showing his toughness. Click the date below. CAUTION. Lot's of blood.

Five minutes after this picture was taken, Vancouver Canucks prospect Joe Labate scored his first career professional goal.

Posted by Complete Hockey News on Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Atta boy, Joe!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Tuesday's Players to Watch list from NHL Central Scouting - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=789295

A: Luke Kunin

B: Trent Frederic, Max Zimmer

C: Matthew Freytag, Matt Jurusik, Kohen Olischefski

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Comment

So is UW going to play some games or what? These bye weeks suck. I see 2-2 over the next 4 games. I find it refreshing to be able to ponder how many games they could win vs just hoping that they can score a goal and not embarrass themselves defensively while losing.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    So is UW going to play some games or what? These bye weeks suck. I see 2-2 over the next 4 games. I find it refreshing to be able to ponder how many games they could win vs just hoping that they can score a goal and not embarrass themselves defensively while losing.
                    I think your optimistic, but I am the negative nancy of this thread apparently...
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

At best 1-2-1, more likely 0-3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I kind of like the early bye weeks this year. This gives a chance for the young players to get fully invested in the systems, gives the old players a chance to get fully comfortable with the young players, and gives the coaches a chance to get their new systems fully in place.

Comment

question: is anyone keeping tabs on Wisconsin and Minnesota's records vs. their old conference foes since the advent of the hockey conference modeled loosely on the football conference?
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
                            At best 1-2-1, more likely 0-3-1.
                            So optimistic

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                              I kind of like the early bye weeks this year. This gives a chance for the young players to get fully invested in the systems, gives the old players a chance to get fully comfortable with the young players, and gives the coaches a chance to get their new systems fully in place.
                              For the player development it's good, for the fan's it's bad, I want to see some hockey. I like momentum in a season and the bye's kill it.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

For the player development it's good, for the fan's it's bad, I want to see some hockey. I like momentum in a season and the bye's kill it.
                                So what would you want the schedule to be? Big front, long break, big end? Quiet beginning, average middle, big end?

With the BI6 this is how it is going to be every year. All of the other conferences are done with their nonconference schedule for the most part. We front-load the noncon games when other teams are available, take a little break, squeeze a few in before the break, and then go crazy with conference games after the break.

Comment

Working...
                                X