Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

    If you want to know what the root problem is... the WCHA doesn't think there is a problem. Here is an excerpt from the reply I got back from the league when I voiced my concerns:

    I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your WCHA.tv experience this year. Your experience, as you describe it, is atypical of the vast majority of feedback we have received this season about both the product and service support provided by Stretch Internet.

    So in other words subscribers, if you want WCHA.TV to get better, I recommend you make yourself heard at the league offices. Apparently they don't feel they have problems and that everyone just writes them to tell them how much they enjoy the product quality and service.

    Full disclosure, I was offered a partial refund in exchange for cancelling my service, which I declined. There are only a couple weeks left now. What is the point of doing that after having already watched five months of their service?

    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

    Comment


    • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

      as I told you offsite, they really need to learn the difference between us being happy that its better than last year and still not thinking its worth the full price when comparing quality of nhl streaming or NCHC streaming.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

      Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

      Comment


      • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

        That is much the same response that I got from the league office. I referenced this thread.

        GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

        Comment


        • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

          Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          ...still not thinking its worth the full price when comparing quality of nhl streaming or NCHC streaming.
          Itís been an OK but not great experience for me. What did the final cost comparisons with the NCHC package turn out to be? Not sure I have updated numbers but early on I thought it was something likeÖ

          NCHC $94.95 / 115 games or about 83 cents per game.
          WCHA $129.99 / 196 games or about 66 cents per game.

          I have no idea about the quality of the NCHC broadcasts and realize that nobody watches a majority of games in their conference. Just curious how it ended up.

          If the real issue is that you wanted to watch your teamís away conference games then I guess the cost is closer to:
          NCHC $94.95 / 12 = $7.91 game.
          WCHA $129.99 / 14 = $9.29 game.

          Iím not too worked up because it may be a moot point for my team in the near futureÖ
          "Who got the Cup?"
          UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

          Comment


          • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

            Originally posted by mmf View Post
            Itís been an OK but not great experience for me. What did the final cost comparisons with the NCHC package turn out to be? Not sure I have updated numbers but early on I thought it was something likeÖ

            NCHC $94.95 / 115 games or about 83 cents per game.
            WCHA $129.99 / 196 games or about 66 cents per game.

            I have no idea about the quality of the NCHC broadcasts and realize that nobody watches a majority of games in their conference. Just curious how it ended up.

            If the real issue is that you wanted to watch your teamís away conference games then I guess the cost is closer to:
            NCHC $94.95 / 12 = $7.91 game.
            WCHA $129.99 / 14 = $9.29 game.

            Iím not too worked up because it may be a moot point for my team in the near futureÖ
            Its just that there is a big difference between $95 and $130 but the quality isnt there and since most of the games are at the same time, you really can't watch all of them. I won't complain much because I got to get a media discount so my price was pretty reasonable for what I'm getting, but $130 would have been a tough pill to swallow for what you get, especially when its very clunky to switch between games.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

            Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

            Comment


            • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

              Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Its just that there is a big difference between $95 and $130 but the quality isnt there and since most of the games are at the same time, you really can't watch all of them. I won't complain much because I got to get a media discount so my price was pretty reasonable for what I'm getting, but $130 would have been a tough pill to swallow for what you get, especially when its very clunky to switch between games.
              The one-team pricing needs to drop. I'd also push for a road-only deal (you get out-of-town games but not local ones), too.

              GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

              Comment


              • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

                For the last 3 months, every video has started with a 30 second commercial for the Final Five. Trying to watch the BG/Mankato game and there's no audio. Stretch "is aware of the issue and in contact with personnel at the source."

                Comment


                • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

                  Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
                  For the last 3 months, every video has started with a 30 second commercial for the Final Five. Trying to watch the BG/Mankato game and there's no audio. Stretch "is aware of the issue and in contact with personnel at the source."
                  for as responsive as they are, I feel like all Stretch does is blame someone else for everything...while it might be true, its just annoying.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

                  Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

                  Comment


                  • Re: New WCHA TV - Will it be better then the last

                    Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    It’s been an OK but not great experience for me. What did the final cost comparisons with the NCHC package turn out to be? Not sure I have updated numbers but early on I thought it was something like…

                    NCHC $94.95 / 115 games or about 83 cents per game.
                    WCHA $129.99 / 196 games or about 66 cents per game.

                    I have no idea about the quality of the NCHC broadcasts and realize that nobody watches a majority of games in their conference. Just curious how it ended up.

                    If the real issue is that you wanted to watch your team’s away conference games then I guess the cost is closer to:
                    NCHC $94.95 / 12 = $7.91 game.
                    WCHA $129.99 / 14 = $9.29 game.

                    I’m not too worked up because it may be a moot point for my team in the near future…
                    NCHC has two price points. First is the single-team option, which was $70/season for all regular season games in an NCHC arena. Second is the league-wide pass, which didn't interest me at all because I just wanted to watch SCSU games.

                    The video quality was pretty good, for the most part. Off the cuff, there were three arenas that need service upgrades: WMU, UNO and CC. I had the most issue with their video feeds degrading in resolution, though it would often return to a good quality. WMU was probably the worst feed of the three, though that might have been more because of the single-camera and its location. Second worst was CC, largely for the same reason. The best video feed was easily SCSU's home games. They had the fewest buffering issues, and rarely did my video quality from the home games degrade.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X