UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Thanks for the info- I had checked the list on attendance numbers and thought it would be ok but then someone spooked me on it.

And Alaska Hockey, I will have my senior citizen with me.

Comment

New commit:http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=137749

Jordan Larson playing for Carleton Place in the CCHL. Same league Carmine came from. Junior hockey vet. Not very big, but has put up some points. Hope he really breaks through and has a big year.

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post

Jordan Larson playing for Carleton Place in the CCHL. Same league Carmine came from. Junior hockey vet. Not very big, but has put up some points. Hope he really breaks through and has a big year.
        Carleton Place is a powerhouse program, and a lot of good players have come out of there. BGSU's Ben Murphy, Kevin Dufour, Stephen Baylis, and Brett D'Andrea are all Carleton Place guys. LSSU's Alex Globke is another.
        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 • SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post

They're not out to get very many players for this year, so to pick up a commitment this early is pretty telling that the coaches wanted this kid.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

No Gosselin or Fletcher in the lineup tonight per the line chart. Geof/Statman do y'all know why? Gosselin still sick? Hope that first line stays on fire.

Comment

Did Jack Prince get injured or something?

Comment

Illness with Gosselin. "Medical tests" with Fletcher. Slow feet with Prince. You want Jack's heavy shot, but he's a liability on defense, and there's competition this year. He has to show why he should be on the ice by having great shifts when he's out there. He'll get the chance — really only the top six are reasonably certain. Night to night, you can pretty much put Saulnier, McHugh, Brears, Houcher, Dunn, Poulsen, and Fletcher in the lineup. Past that, it's probably a matter of health and who wants it more.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Jet Houcher: shoot on the power play, man.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Jet Houcher: shoot on the power play, man.

GFM
                    Same for Knight, wide open in the slot passes and of course leads to a turnover. Tonight's game felt like a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by UAHHerd4 View Post
                      Same for Knight, wide open in the slot passes and of course leads to a turnover. Tonight's game felt like a loss.
                      Really? You had a one goal lead and it felt like a loss? UAA was up 2-0! It really felt like a loss to me.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I wouldn't be discourgaed if I was a Charger fan, super close weekend. If you guys had played two more games then us this early on in the season I feel like the weekend would've probably went your way.

Should be some ugly/fun hockey when you guys come up here later on.
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          I wouldn't be discourgaed if I was a Charger fan, super close weekend. If you guys had played two more games then us this early on in the season I feel like the weekend would've probably went your way.

Should be some ugly/fun hockey when you guys come up here later on.
                          I'm a little discouraged, we lost three out of four points at home against a team who we swept here last season and beat out to make the playoffs.

Comment

I'm a little discouraged, we lost three out of four points at home against a team who we swept here last season and beat out to make the playoffs.
                            Yeah, but the year before that UAA beat UAH 3 times and tied once.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Yeah, but the year before that UAA beat UAH 3 times and tied once.
                              Give UAA credit long trip down south, came out with a big weekend. I thought Tatchell played great and Mantha made huge saves. Maybe this a rebound year for you guys.

Comment

Carmine Guerriero has to be better. We all love the guy, but his SV% is .892 in four games, and that third goal tonight was baby poop soft. But he knows that, and he knows that he's fighting it. The room is behind him, and the coaches believe in him. We all said that we wanted to see what he can do when he's not facing 40+ every night. Well, he's faced 34 (the 35th the first night was the ENG), 31, 24, and 22 so far in four games. One goal each night this weekend was patently Not His Fault, but ... if he doesn't let in that third one, the tip from McHugh probably means that much more.

Oh well.

Suze, since you're here, I'll note it: it's very, very weird that the black jerseys that UAA sported this year were "ALASKA SEAWOLVES" in the vein of our road blues. Why would you say Seawolves and not Anchorage? There are two schools from your state ...

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X