Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAH Hockey 2015-16: The next step

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    I know a guy who could make that happen, depending on your budget.

GFM
    Midnight raid on Sugar Belle? Say it isn't so!

Comment

Originally posted by Stratus View Post
      Midnight raid on Sugar Belle? Say it isn't so!
      I wonder if Roons knows that his jersey is in there and if Corbs has told all of them to stay away from the cupcakes.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

This kid just committed to UAH (reportedly for 2017-18):

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=258709

Comment

Interesting, its a small world. He is the son of Rocky Thompson - former NHLer and also NHL assistant coach who is now the head coach of the Windsor Spitfires where I live. If he has his father's work ethic and tenacity.... will be a great addition!

Comment

When should we expect to see season ticket order forms?

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
              I've asked. It feels like the whole show is a little slow this year.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

2016-2017 roster is up on the UAH Athletics website. No Nelson Gadoury, at least as of now. All scholarship players are coming back. 16 forwards, 9 defensemen, and 3 goalies. Good depth.

Led by Max Mchugh, hopefully we can continue our upward trend offensively, and maybe take a bigger jump this year. Will certainly miss Chad Brears, but hopefully young players like Jetlan Houcher and Brandon Salerno can step-up and fill that void. Lot of potential with this group.

I think D should be as good or better than last year. Misuraca's presence back there is going to be difficult to replace, but the continued development of Gosselin and Knight ought to raise the bar for the entire group.

In goal, will be interesting to see if Carmine can regain his sophomore year form. If not, I expect we'll see a lot of LaRose.

10+ wins should be attainable. The Herd needs to show that the program is still trending upward; with potential conference realignment on the horizon, we've got to be competitive.

Comment

Rotenberger, Wood, and Wunder were committed to coming, and as both are 96s, they won't be here (at least not for four years as scholarship players). I wasn't terribly excited about a kid —*Georgia-born or no — being 5'8" and the most-penalized player in the NAHL trying to break Shane Stewart's record.

It looks like I'll have time next week to talk to our coaches and the players' former coaches next week. Hooray for working weekends.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by tnlong View Post
                    arrived Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by GetOutDaKitchin View Post
                      2016-2017 roster is up on the UAH Athletics website. No Nelson Gadoury, at least as of now. All scholarship players are coming back. 16 forwards, 9 defensemen, and 3 goalies. Good depth.

Led by Max Mchugh, hopefully we can continue our upward trend offensively, and maybe take a bigger jump this year. Will certainly miss Chad Brears, but hopefully young players like Jetlan Houcher and Brandon Salerno can step-up and fill that void. Lot of potential with this group.

I think D should be as good or better than last year. Misuraca's presence back there is going to be difficult to replace, but the continued development of Gosselin and Knight ought to raise the bar for the entire group.

In goal, will be interesting to see if Carmine can regain his sophomore year form. If not, I expect we'll see a lot of LaRose.

10+ wins should be attainable. The Herd needs to show that the program is still trending upward; with potential conference realignment on the horizon, we've got to be competitive.
                      http://www.uahchargers.com/news/2016...r-2016-17.aspx

Comment

You'll see a lot of the big fella since Carm has to sit out the first dozen games for playing over-age.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Dropped off our new freshman last week. Offered $5 for each hockey game from which they send me a selfie.

I expect to spend $70 on that

Naturally they're now making noises that sound a lot like "trying out for pep band" or something, so maybe I could have saved some dough. Nah.

Comment

So Geof, Statman, other insiders, what's the inside scoop from the coaching staff as to which players are expected to have big years this upcoming season? Obviously led by McHugh up front, are they expecting more output from Saulnier, Houcher, or any of the freshmen?

Me personally, I feel like Brandon Salerno can really be a player for us. Believe he could be playing top-six minutes from the outset.

On the back end, I hope that Knight and Gosselin take big steps forward this season. If they do that, along veteran leadership and stability from Brandon Parker and Brandon Carlson, our D could be the best it's been in years.

Just my two cents. Ready for some hockey

Comment

So Geof, Statman, other insiders, what's the inside scoop from the coaching staff as to which players are expected to have big years this upcoming season? Obviously led by McHugh up front, are they expecting more output from Saulnier, Houcher, or any of the freshmen?

Me personally, I feel like Brandon Salerno can really be a player for us. Believe he could be playing top-six minutes from the outset.

On the back end, I hope that Knight and Gosselin take big steps forward this season. If they do that, along veteran leadership and stability from Brandon Parker and Brandon Carlson, our D could be the best it's been in years.

Just my two cents. Ready for some hockey
                              I'm off to pick the brains of the coaches tomorrow and then some players' soon thereafter.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

2016-17 season thread is up:
                                http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...6-17&p=6352820
                                Michael Napier - UAH '97
                                uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                                U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                                NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                                CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                                CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X