No announcement yet.

UCONN 2015-2016: The Hockey East Journey Continues..the Future Looks Bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UCONN 2015-2016: The Hockey East Journey Continues..the Future Looks Bright

Recap - hat trick for Thompson in front of a ton of NHL scouts

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ss-rob-nichols
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: UCONN 2015-2016: The Hockey East Journey Continues..the Future Looks Bright

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Recap - hat trick for Thompson in front of a ton of NHL scouts

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...ss-rob-nichols
      Trying very hard to manage expectations for this team ... and for next year's recruiting class as well. 38 shots is a lot to give up, especially to a very good team. But to score 5 on BU is exceptional.

Comment

Add Masonius and Gendron to that list as well.
        Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
        It would be a miracle to have him and Tage Thompson for three years. Tage is 17 years old and certainly doesn't play like it. He will be a horse in a couple years. Bigger kids take a little longer to develop, but he is an impact player already.

Let's see if this team learned anything from Saturday night, and I don't mean playing a full 60, although that is necessary. What I mean is they need to be ready for BU from the drop of the puck. The road team is always motivated to come out flying, as UConn demonstrated Saturday. If they can withstand the first 10 to 15 minutes, it will be a competitive contest. If BU scores a couple early, it could get ugly.

No moral victories, but something can be learned from each battle, let's hope they counter BU's fast start, because you know the Terriers will come out flying.

Need at least a point from this one.

Comment

They played well last night Dick...they had there usual down cycles especially in the first period, but for the 2nd and 3rd periods I felt they played solid steady hockey. The young kids definitely add a level of speed and skill that was not there last year. I like Ronan more and more every game...he reminds me a lot of another guy who skated on that ice surface and wore #11.
          Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
          Trying very hard to manage expectations for this team ... and for next year's recruiting class as well. 38 shots is a lot to give up, especially to a very good team. But to score 5 on BU is exceptional.

Comment

Great win lastnight and good crowd/energy for a Tuesday night. Unfortunately the schedule doesn't care and comes back with ND back to back this weekend.

UConn appears to have a nice mix of talented young players and veteran hard workers setting the tone.

Expect a fluid line-up from now until January. Nice problem to have while developing young players and fostering a hunger to stay in the line-up.

PP was on fire lastnight.

On to ND!

Comment

This past weekend was one of those downs we will see during the season with a young team. I didn't get a chance to go to Saturday's game as I was in the firehouse...but attended the game at Barclay's on Sunday. Like last season in Bridgeport attendance wasn't that good at all...and there were a lot of ND fans. Barclay's is VERY easy to get to using mass transit...from CT you take Metro North into Grand Central, then get on the 4 train and get off at the Atlantic Ave/Barclay's stop..puts you literally at the front door of the arena.
              As for the game on Sunday..this was NOT the same team I saw skate against BU at the XL Center last Tuesday. I thought the BU team that UCONN beat that night was a LOT better than the ND team I saw Sunday. What I didn't see Sunday was crisp passing and creating chances on offense. It seemed as though every pass was either short or just long..not many were right on the tape. It was also evident that the line changes Cav made caused some issues too. Letunov and Thompson didn't look comfortable. That is stuff that will get better over time. Time to move on...I hope we get to see ND again this year in the HE playoffs...because given a do-over I think we can send them home and move on to the next round.

Comment

So this is a rivalry weekend. We are going to get to see what UConn is made of. Big series. Need all the points. Let's see if the Huskies can do it.

Comment

I have faith they will show up for the third! Crowd sounds energized.

Comment

Funny evening. Give up an odd man rush 1:14 in that results in a goal. Work all period outplaying UMass for long periods, finally get one back. It was the story of the whole game. Late in the third it happened again. This time there was only an ENG at the other end in reply. Frustrating.
                    Last edited by RSTuthill; 11-07-2015, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Second O-fer weekend in a row. I am still very very impressed by the Huskies talent though. They have some guys who can really dangle. They are just a tiny fraction away from playing really well. Too many odd-man situations. Maybe they could hit a bit more. But they are fun to watch nonetheless.
                      Last edited by RSTuthill; 11-09-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Wheels have officially started to come off the bus.

Comment

So early in the year. 5 game skids are never good, but the season starts after Christmas. That said, a win would be nice.

Comment

In the first and second period the Huskies were dominating but it was a very desultory effort. I said to my buddy, they better start putting the puck in the net or Army will hang around, snipe one in the third and win the game. Sure enough, and when Army got ahead they suddenly thought they could win and it was a different game. Hard to dislike Army getting their first win on Veterans' Night, though. Those kids played hard and deserved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkStar12 View Post
                              So early in the year. 5 game skids are never good, but the season starts after Christmas. That said, a win would be nice.
                              At BC maybe but not at U Conn

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                                At BC maybe but not at U Conn
                                LOL.

Icebus. More like Assbus.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X